[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be fatass >Go to local health center for diet & fitness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: 2563462342343463.jpg (1000 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
2563462342343463.jpg
1000 KB, 1600x1067
>Be fatass
>Go to local health center for diet & fitness coaching
>Recommend daily walks, at least 30 min, preferably an hour

Would that even do anything? I was under the impression that no elevated heart rate means no point. It's called cardio after all.
>>
You'd be surprised at how high your heart rate will go while walking. You are a fatass afterall
>>
>>36864162
It's better than nothing, and they assume you'll do nothing anyway.
>>
Why wouldn't it do anything?

I burn about 2000 calories a week from doing 1 hour of cardio everyday (according to my walking application on my phone)
>>
It's going to take a lot of dedication to get out of fat mode so anything you do consistently will probably help desu
>>
>>36864162
At the end of the day, you don't need to be lifting weights or even running to lose the weight. If you eat less calories than you burn, it will come off. Walking will burn calories, slightly more than just existing. My brother so far lost 40 pounds in 4 months just by taking control of his eating habits. (220 to 180, 5'7). No additional exercising outside of walking around more. You can do it OP.
>>
>>36864195
That's true, I would know, I've done it before. Kind of cheated that time though, ate 800 calories a day for 5 months, playing vidya, doing zero exercising and feeling faint regularly, but it did the trick, dropped 35 kilograms. The yoyo diet thing seems exaggerated, it took me years to become fat again even with shit habits, but I'm guessing that's because while I eat 2000-2500 calories of junkfood in a day, your typical american eats 3500+. Probably going to go for a more responsible approach this time around though, because I want to be fit, not just thin.
>>
It doesn't matter if you walk a mile or run a mile. Humans are very efficient movers, it burns practically the same amount of calories.
>>
>>36864283
So the difference is basically just that if you run you'll waste less time and your heart will get stronger?

Now that you mention it, I might've underestimated walking. Three of my friends spent a month in Japan last year (yes, weeaboos), just eating out and drinking, so no healthy diet at all really, but they walked 5+ hours a day. And god damn, when they got home, those guys were more fit than I've ever seen them.
>>
>>36864162
Walking burns a lot of calories. Get a dog, make that 3 x 1 hour walks instead.
>>
>>36864162

If you're that fat, then even just walking for 30 minutes will get your heart rate up.

Really though, first and foremost, you need to fix your diet.
>>
>>36864310
The elevated heart rate thing is more about general heart health, not as important for calories burned really.
Go for it anon, if you have any nearby parks I would say go on some hikes, the elevation is killer.
Even hiking for a couple hours in uneven terrain (bring plenty of water) burns a shit ton.
What state/country anon?
>>
>>36864732
Southern Sweden. Used to walk daily in february, got my panties in a bunch over unrequited love to an aspie (yes, she had a diagnosis) gamer grill, coupled with fever for a week, fucked my habits completely. I feel like I'm ready to live a better life again though, I'm going to take a walk today.
>>
>>36864804
Good for you anon.
I don't know much about Sweden so I can't really give tips where to walk, but like I said walks in nature are cathartic and give a hell of a workout, good luck mane.
Also don't be afraid of a little discomfort, after you feel comfortable and aren't breathing too heavy, why not add a few minutes or go a little faster?
>>
>>36864162
Your body doesn't give you infinite walking just because you think it's easy anon. Everything takes enegry
>>
>>36864245
Yeah stick to it! Don't hold your breath for results it's going to take months maybe even a year!
>>
>>36864162
It'll work for fat asses, yes.
>>
>>36864283
No, this is untrue. Running burns significantly more calories, like 25% more per mile. Even walking confers some benefits though. And given that you're probably overweight, they're just playing it safe giving you something low impact
>>
>>36864310
Portion sizes are way smaller in Japan
>>
>>36864162
I'm about 100 pounds overweight and literally 2 mins of walking gets my heart rate up to like 163.
>>
>>36864162

You have to realize most people they encounter are fat lazy office drones who dont know shit about working out so they give them an easy routine they can do.
>>
>>36864190
That seems very high unless your real a big fella
>>
>>36865092
Actually a slow jog burns slightly less calories than walking because physics (calves acting as springs), and it stays that way until your hearth rate goes significantly higher. This is why high intensity cardio for beginners requires switching between both before moving on to sprints/jogs.
>>
>>36865803
Then again if you're a big guy (for me), it won't makes so much difference, jogging and running will just feel end be harder on the joints and the like.
>>
>>36864245
>800 calories a day

jesus christ
>>
>>36865883
Ive been on shake diets that low
also I recently did a 2 weekends mostly at 900
200 cal diet whey in the Morning(shits got oats in it)
500 cal nutrition dense lunch(these where so big I could barely finish them)
200 cal diet whey for dinner

plus magnesium and multivitamins zinc and b vitamins

also on weekends I ate as much as i wanted(non shit foods) and kept my deficit by hiking running literally spent a whole saturday doing 3 things walking cooking eating was awsome
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.