[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
w-what's so bad about 3x5 deadlifts? why does every porgram
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1420513324934.jpg (61 KB, 666x629) Image search: [Google]
1420513324934.jpg
61 KB, 666x629
w-what's so bad about 3x5 deadlifts?

why does every porgram say 1x5
>>
>>36863947
and yeah, I know my spelling and syntax is fucked.
>>
nothing wrong with it

the reason why every routine advises for 1x5 is that 1x5 + warm-ups are enough volume for deadlift, while you're able to increase weights every session

just like forearms delts etc benefit from high volume, low weights; deadlifts benefit from low volume, heavy weights
>>
>>36863947
>w-what's so bad about 3x5 deadlifts?
nothing, but it's still low volume
>why does every porgram say 1x5
cause they're pussy programs made by and for pussies

I myself do:
5x8 deadlift on full body day
5x15 rack pull on back/pull day
6x10 RDL on leg day

my split is:
fullbody/rest/pull/push/legs/rest/repeat
>>
nothing. but if your form breaks due to fatigue its snap city. also if your already squatting your back muscles will be plenty worked already anyway. better idea is to warm up those first 2 sets.
>>
>>36863947
The reason SS does 1x5 is it's built around the low bar squat. You've already hit your posterior chain quite a bit before you get to them.
>>
Can you snap your shit up at any weight or is it more for experienced lifters?

e.g stats all 3x5
Day 1
squat - 100lb
deadlift - 115
the press - 75lb

Day 2
bench - 85lb
pullups
dips
>>
Ask anyone lifting heavy if they do low volume deadlifts.

It's a meme
>>
>>36864058
Does anyone lift heavy in here?
>>
I asked lame norton and said you're a retard
>>
>>36864085
Not really.
>>
>>36863947
Keep in mind that 1x5 pretty much refers almost exclusively to beginner fullbody routines (SS/SL/Reg Parks etc). For a total beginner that volume is fine, but as you progress you will be adding ramping sets and the volume will increase.

Trust the experience and wisdom of experienced couches and ex-competitors who know what the fuck they are talking about, until you are knowledgeable enough yourself to program your own shit.
>>
File: 3x5diddly.png (6 KB, 377x105) Image search: [Google]
3x5diddly.png
6 KB, 377x105
>>36863947
nothing really. for example, pic related is week 1 of my 5/3/1 cycle. the first 2 sets are pretty light and the last set is 5+, my go all out set.

you can count your just the top set and it will be 1x5 or you can count the 2 ramping sets before that and it will be 3x5... depends on how YOU look at it and how you count your sets
>>
>>36864110
Guess I can't ask if this is a meme.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.