[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
advice for starters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: IMG-20160416-WA0011.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160416-WA0011.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
ITT we give advice from all experiences we got from our long time working out.
>Start your day with oats ALWAYS
>eggs are a gift from god
>Squat, deadlift or bench every workout. Exception for cardio workouts
>2 rest days a week is enough, you don't need weeks off (unless you work 40-50 hours a week and need recovery or if you're 40+ old)
>hardgainer is a meme, (i thoughd i was one untill i had to puke from eating too much once, atm i can eat 4250 kcal or more a day.)
>Dont take advice from people who look worse than you
>>
What days are usually best for these 2 rest days?

Sunday is always a must due to religion and going back to work on monday

Tuesday,Wednesday or Thursday
>>
>>36862307

>one goal at a time, either cut or lean bulk
>build a strength foundation first before hypertrophy.
>>
Bench is a meme unless youre a manlet, focus on OHP instead
>>
>>36862307
>Squat, deadlift or bench every workout.
Dumbest advice I've seen for beginners
>>
>>36863345
Fuck off retard. Doing OHP for chest and triceps is retarded, especially considering how slow you progress on OHP vs bench.
>>
>>36863345
>>36863420
not him but I agree bench is a meme when you're a beginner

push-up/decline push-ups/dips are whole better compound exercises which require you to embrace your core in order to perform it; for a beginner his own bodyweight will be enough overload for a while, and also, it'll spare him from doing a babbyweights bench with shitty firm
>>
>>36863640
Thank God you said this. Been doing 115 on bench and feeling bad about it but thought it was just cuz i was begginer
>>
>>36862349

Wednesday so you have a rest day in the middle of the week and it's not too close to the other.
>>
I'm plateauing at 140 lbs 3x5 WTF why can't I push more weight?

My deadlift is 250 lbs 1x5, squat 180 lbs 5x5, OHP 75 lbs 3x5

Bodyweight: around 70 kg, not more. 175cm/5'9

The weight of the oly barbells of my gym weigh 30 lbs. But it is not different than a oly barbell, maybe a little smaller in long size
>>
Day 1
squat - 100lb
deadlift - 115
the press - 75lb

Day 2
>bench - 85lb
>pullups
>dips

Should I add OHP and bench to day 2 as well?
>>
>>36863640
>it'll spare him from doing a babbyweights bench with shitty firm
>I can't let go of my ego and perform the lifts
Who fucking cares. You'll be at under 1 pl8 for a few weeks if you're not a retard and doing a beginner program.
>>
>>36863727
Follow a beginner program, fuck it's not hard.
>>
>>36863766
It's basically ss without squatting everyday + accessories
>>
can you lean bulk on SS or will you stall too quick?
>>
File: ss gomad results.jpg (135 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
ss gomad results.jpg
135 KB, 480x640
>>36863790
you should be lean bulking on SS

otherwise you'll end up like zach
>>
Hey guys what do you think about my routine?

A = bench 3x5, deadlift 1x5
B = squat 5x5, ohp 3x5
ABABAxx
>>
>>36863830
doing too little
>>
>>36863830
so basic greyskull LP with 0 accessories?
do it amrap and increase weight every session and it's OK, but you could do better adding some other lifts (hammer curls, LTE, chin-ups, for instance)
>>
>>36863821
looks like someone forgot to add in their chin ups.
dips and chin ups are seminal to any semblance of aesthetics when doing SS. otherwise you get huge legs and skinnyfat upperbody
>>
>>36863914
He did his chins. He trained with Rip himself. Nobody's arms look big holding them like that, and nobody gets big arms in 3 months. He did make massive gains on his lifts though.
>>
>>36863830
Beginner grill, when I see something like 3x5 I don't understand. Can someone explain?
>>
>>36864098
3 sets of 5 reps
>>
>>36863830
wheres the back? youre not gonna progress at all
>>
>>36864098
3 reps
5 sets
>>
>>36864098
15 OMFG fucking woman cant even do simple math
>>
is this also now the questions too stupid to get their own thread thread now?
>>
>strength foundation before hypertrophy
>pick a standard routine, stick to it, and record results
>find out what fitness goals interest you and do enough research to meet them
>modify the routine until it is specific yo your goals
>almost nothing of the original may remain, but the discipline and carry-over are still important for a beginner. If you aren't new it doesn't matter
>don't bring up your lifting. People don't care-even if they ask
>be dedicated to your craft. People will always try to get you to deviate-unintentionally or otherwise
>never listen to your gf when she says you're fine how you are or to skip a workout
>the woman koala hugs me at least once a week asking me not to leave-but you must resist
>>
How do you know when you have a sufficient strength base to transition to hypertrophy training? I'm not sure where I'm at rn, but here are 5RM stats from ICF 5x5

Squat: 220lbs
Deadlift: 245lbs (confident it can go much higher on LP)
Bench: 160lbs (could get a little higher on LP)
OHP: 110lbs
Pendlay Row: 150lbs
>>
>>36862307

What about Push, Pull, Legs (and core) for a beginner?

ABCABCX

Focused on compound movements:

PUSH:
bench press
ohp
incline press
dips
triceps extensions

PULL:
deadlifts or bb rows
pullups or chinups
seated or db rows
face pulls
bb curls
hammer curls

LEGS:
squats
stiff leg dl
leg extensions
leg curls
calf raises
I stopped lifting for 2.5 years and I have been back at it (cutting) and this is what I've been doing for a month. Running an EC Stack and lost ~7lbs so far. I can even feel myself getting a bit stronger every week .

Will probably run that programs for another two or three months and then figure out if I'll be lean enough to pack on muscle in the fall
>>
>>36864288
Deadlift bro. Deadlift works back. I also do sometimes Barbell rows (Pendlay row) 3x10 100 lbs. I do sometimes curls and dumbells bench press or flies. Sometimes I do 3x8 pull ups or lat pulldowns 52 lbs 3x10. I'm just focussing in the main exercises to get the base.

Do you think I will reach 2pl8 by July? Yesterday I did squat with 75 lbs each side of the barbell 5x5
>>
>>36865508
My squats 3x5 225
DL almost 3pl8 1x5
Bench 160 3x5
OHP 100 3x5
Row 135 3x5
I've switched to hypertrophy because I don't care much about gaining strength anymore, and my ass has gotten too big
I'll cut for 3-4 months till abs and lean bulk from then
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.