[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just turned 18 and I've decided to stop fucking around.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I just turned 18 and I've decided to stop fucking around. I've been running a shitty bro split for 2.5 months and my lifts are (all 5x5) -

170 DL
180 Squat
135 Bench
130 Row
90 OHP

Is SL 5x5 a meme? I'm looking for a program that will allow me to build a base good enough to start lifting seriously. Would a basic PPL work fine, with progressive overload? Srs
>>
5x5 is fine, got me this:
75 bench to 155 bench
95 squat to 295 squat
95 deadlift to 255 deadlift
65 ohp to 115 ohp
75 row to 115 row

that's about 6 months progress, also lost 62 pounds.

5x5 SL isn't a meme, you're just a faggot who doesnt wanna work hard.
>>
>>36860929
SL is not a meme if you move on once you start to stall hard, then move to a PPL program.
>>
>>36860951
It's just a question faggot, thanks though appreciate the response

Looks like I'm starting SL, it's telling me to start way lower than I can do though. Should I stick with that or lift what I currently lift?
>>
>>36860999
i went in the first day and just started with what i thought i could do, i spent the 10 bucks to get the accessory lifts as well on the app.

definitely go in there and do what you think is reasonable to start with. desu i'd start lower than what you think you can do, focus on form, watch some videos and then progress from there.

this way you'll get stronger and won't get injured. good luck, we're all gonna make it.
>>
>>36861037
Thanks brah
>>
File: Wf6HLrM.jpg (23 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Wf6HLrM.jpg
23 KB, 512x288
>>36860929
recipe for chicken?
>>
>>36860951
>that deadlift
What the fuck are you doing, m8?
>>
Don't do SL, and don't start with the bar.

Do SS. If you're scared of power cleans then do Snatch Grip DLs.
>>
>>36861357
its probably sweet and sour chicken
>>
>>36860929
>>36860951
why are your deadlifts lighter than your squats?
>>
>>36862141
>>36861357

Yea it is, here's the recipe I used -http://natashaskitchen.com/2014/12/11/sweet-and-sour-chicken-recipe/
Not very healthy i think but tastes fucking good

>>36862161
I obsessed over my deadlift form and kept deloading like a pussy just to get form down
>>
>>36861409
Why SS over SL?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.