[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are my lifts such shit? My deadlift always go up but my other
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1457333141038.jpg (52 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1457333141038.jpg
52 KB, 500x500
Why are my lifts such shit? My deadlift always go up but my other don't.

Deadlift: 325
Bench: 155
Ohp: 100

Lifting 8 months or so. Just eat more? I thought since deadlift goes up I'm eating enough and maybe I'm messing something else up.
>>
File: 1449509026367s.jpg (7 KB, 237x213) Image search: [Google]
1449509026367s.jpg
7 KB, 237x213
>>36860669
Been lifting 8 months too with identical stats and I have exactly the same problem man.
>>
deload
>>
>>36860669
i hate it when faggots post lifts without weight
>>
>>36860756
5'9 145 16-17% bf
>>
>>36860764
thanks bay, what program? it might just be time to deload or switch up routine
>>
>>36860669
Deadlift-165
bench 85
ohp- dont do it

weight 157lb
>>
>>36860753
what does deloading do exactly?

yesterday when benching first set I did 6 reps but failed the last rep, next set I did 5 reps and last set I did 3 reps

65kg bench, should I deload?
>>
>>36860669
How is your bench so shit vs your ohp?
>>
>>36860788
>yesterday when benching first set I did 6 reps but failed the last rep, next set I did 5 reps and last set I did 3 reps

Sounds like you're not resting long enough. 3-5min rest for low rep compound movements are normal.
>>
>>36860776
I do a six day ppl. Start each day with compunds 3x5 and then my accessories 3x8-12 three of my days are now chest, tris, and shoulders. They're spread out enough for recovery. I really want to get my bench up so I thought it'd help. I do two days back and bi's because my deadlift is already fine but I love that day. And one leg day
>>
>>36860776
Yeah what this duder said you gotta confuse ur muscles babe. Change it up.
>>
>>36860756
or reps
>>
>>36860669
That's a pretty good deadlift compared to your upper body lifts.
What's your routine like ? And your goal ?
I'm interested in your accessories exercises

>>36860788
Improve form and works your underused muscle. If you're plateauing ,chances are that you are "cheating" with half or 3/4 ROMs, so dealoading might fix your weak points. And there is the whole core thing in most compound things that deloading might help
>>
>>36860817
They're my 1rm
>>
>>36860803
3 sets of 5? You need a lot more volume. do 4x8-12 or 5x5
>>
>>36860669
You will get there anon, have patience.

I have started deadlifting from 30lbs, took me a couple months to attain 90lbs.
>>
>>36860823
BAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHFSIAOaHAHHAHAHAH
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>36860822
Monday: Pulling (Back/Biceps/Deadlift)
- Deadlifts (3 sets)
- Pull ups (3 sets)
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows (3 sets)
- Lat pulldown (3 sets)
- Dumbbell Curls (3 sets)
- Hammer Curls (3 set)

Tuesday: Pushing (Chest/Shoulders/Triceps)
- Flat bb Bench Press (3 Sets)
- Incline Barbell Bench Press (3 sets)
- Military Press (3 sets)
- Overhead Dumbbell Extension (3 sets)
- Side Laterals (3 sets)
- Bent over side laterals (3 sets)
- Dumbbell kickbacks (3 sets)
- Dumbbell flies (3 set)

Wednesday: Lower Body (Legs)
- Squats (3 sets)
- Strait Leg Deadlifts (2 sets)
- Walking Lunges (2 sets)
- Leg Curl / Feet High Leg Press Superset (2 sets)
- Calf Raises (3 sets)

Thursday Pushing (Chest/Shoulders/Triceps)
- Side Laterals (3 sets)
- Dumbbell flies (3 set)

Friday: Pulling (Back/Biceps/Deadlift)
- Deadlifts (3 sets)
- Pull ups (3 sets)
- One-Arm Dumbbell Rows (3 sets)
- Lat pulldown (3 sets)
- Dumbbell Curls (3 sets)
- Hammer Curls (3 set)

Saturday Pushing (Chest/Shoulders/Triceps)
- Side Laterals (3 sets)
- Dumbbell flies (3 set)

I figure three days of chest with a day between for recovery would help. Two days of back because I enjoy it a lot. One day of legs because fuck legs
>>
>>36860842
Why do you hurt me like this
>>
>>36860883
That's not such a bad routine ,at least as focusing of weak muscle through accessory exercises goes.

But dude you're working 6/7 days a week ,while it might work for legs ,your rotator cuff will suffer. A lot ,especially with all the pulls you're doing (unconsciously,with hammer or regular curls perfect biceps isolation is too inconsistent,so you tire your front delt quite a bit).

Remember that your shoulder is way weaker and more prone to injury than your hips or knee articulations .
You might want to put a day of rest between two push seances.
Like PsPlLexPsPlLex
Cuz now you have PlPsLePsPlPsx. ANd it's way too much on your CNS and your shoulder that's more active in pulls than you might think. I'd advise at least 3 days between each push days. That's 2 seance a week and enough imo
>>
>>36860669
Any time I start deadlifting again my squat suffers like fuck. Fuck deadlifting. I love it but it can go fuck itself.
>>
>>36861016
How do I go about deloading? I've heard I should up the volume and do 5x5 instead of 3x5 too
>>
Your OHP form is probably shit

I am a skele who cant even bench a pl8 but I can OHP as much as you for reps so you can probably do more especially if youve been building your lower back with deadlifts
>>
>>36861164
Well deloading is always a weird mechanism. You're used to load more smartly but not to unload in the same way.
First thing first i'd say get a spotter to push you through your reps. Don't hesitate.
And then ,like you said 5x5 at 90lbs may be better than your 3x5 at 100lbs. Because when training to lift more weight ,you should be wary of what you're having a problem with.
Do you have a problem with starting the rep ? Then it's mostly upper pectoralis muscle. Do more incline dumbell bench to compensate. When OHP ,you mostly compensate for that lack of strenght early in the reps by angles or push press but it only have so much impact when you hit heavier weight.

Just work on 5x5 ,while trying to calculate how you might get to the last rep without failing the last rep ,but without being able to make one more. It takes time and experience but gauging how you migjht faire is a valuable skill . If you don't have it just experience at lower weight and mark your progress or feeling to have some trace
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.