[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1.5 mi in 13:46 >37 sit-ups 1 minute >bench press 98%
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: cpdbadge.jpg (8 KB, 227x222) Image search: [Google]
cpdbadge.jpg
8 KB, 227x222
>1.5 mi in 13:46
>37 sit-ups 1 minute
>bench press 98% of body weight

these are the physical requirement for the Chicago police department, which is probably the most demanding force to work for in the country. what do you think /fit/? too easy? too hard?
>>
That's just to get in, and then they send you to the academy.

The main problem is that they don't seem to care what happens AFTER the academy.
>>
>>36860502
lmao the hardest part for me would be the situps. I absolutely suck at them.
>>
>>36860502
You'll never get a spot in Chicago unless you're the right skin color. Reverse paper bag test.
>>
do they really require you to bench 98% BW?

never heard of that as a physical requirement for a law enforcement job
>>
>>36860709
Wat.

If you meet their minimum requirements and pass the initial tests, you get put on a list. When they need people they go through the list vetting people until it's exhausted. That's what I thought, anyway. I heard they give priority to people who are CPS grads, people who's parents were CPD, and vets.
>>
The Academy I'm starting Monday is that by the end of it you can:

>2 mile in 16 minutes
>100 consecutive push up/sit ups
>drag 200lb dummy 50 yards
>swim 10 laps in their pool

Not sure how big their pool is, but I think those are pretty reasonable.
>>
>>36860934
>tfw can bench 3 plates, but only do about 50 push-ups.

It's just something I've never been able to do.
>>
>>36860887

Most large city departments do also give bonuses to minorities, and that bonus is more than enough to guarantee they can hire nothing but minorities if they want. So if you're white, you have basically zero chance unless you have one of those other things (e.g. you're a veteran.)
>>
>>36861017
Same here. I bench lmao2.5pl8, but getting more than 50 consecutive push ups is a struggle.
>>
>>36861073
I'm calling BS on that. That would be a direct violation of Article VII and possibly Article VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Seriously, name the city and name the bonus.
>>
>>36861073
Chicago gives priority to veterans (most dont pass psych) and CPS grads (most are too retarded to even be a cop, or have a record). They burn through that pool pretty fuckin quick and then its on to whatever the near suburbs and private schools can send in.

The dept is going to have a record number of retirements and they're estimating only about 8000 showed up or the written exam (lowest number in a long time). Hope you Chicago bros got in this pool, they're basically gonna be giving away spots to those who pass physical and background.
>>
>>36860686
The sit-ups alone eliminate like 75% of the applicant pool each go around.
>>
>>36860502
Sit-ups is probably the hardest part due to most of the speed to do sit-ups fast is generated by bouncing off the ground.

For the Houston Fire Department when I joined years ago was a bunch of silly strength things like pulling a 150lb dummy 30 yards. The final test was 1.5mi in 13:07. They recently dropped it to 15:00 due to so many people failing 13:07. Also by the end of the Academy you had to be able to due six pullups, easy right? They got rid of this due to dropping it to three total, then one, then none due to so many people failing it. Fuck me.
>>
>>36860502
Lol here in my country for national police you have to do 2 km in less than 8:30 min, 17 PERFECT pullups for maximum points and 4 just to pass, an obstacle course in less than 12 seconds and you have to be able to jump at least 45 cm with perfect technique. So I would say those requirements are quite low.
>>
>>36861722
Hey, as a CPS grad, I resent that. Lane Tech master race. Then again, I went to school in the North side. I'd imagine the South side and West side are a different story.
>>
>>36861837
By jump is it jumping into the air? Because jumping 45cm on ground, to reach another point, should be tripled.
>>
>>36861896
Yes its a vertical jump. They are very strict on each part of the examn.
>>
>>36861912
I see, sorry if the question seemed dumb. But honestly, making horizontal jumps 45 cm 100 years down the line a minimum wouldn't be surprising.

That said I'd probably have trouble with that. Vertical jump is shitty, which is embarrassing.

>tfw 250cm horizontal jump and can't vertical straight up for shit
>>
>>36861849
Schurz '07 here. The hatred I hold ffor LT is miniscule compared to LP and, god help me, fucking Scuzzies.

The nice thing about kinda loose req's like these is you have to train to achieve them so you weed out candidates who aren't serious, but they aren't impossible for any healthy person so people willing to train. They dont to eliminate people with investigative talents but are shit athletes. The people who want to go do on deployment in Englewood and be a soldier aren't the only kind of cops the department wants.
>>
>>36860502

Is a little harder than most military standards in the country, though that's not saying much.
>>
>>36861976
As you can tell Schurz didn't teach me how to be literate.
>>
>>36861986
What are you talking about? That's easier than any of the five branches' PFTs. Not to say that they are hard, but OP is cake.
>>
>>36861975
It's all about training your body but mostly your brain in how to do it. Sorry if I explain myself like shit. There are some guys who are in my training group who play basketball or volleyball and it is just freaky crazy how high they can jump with little effort. There are a lot of training exercises for vertical jump look it up if you're interested.
>>
>>36861837
>2km in 8:30
easy
>17 perfect pull ups for max
I can do 26 perfect right now, 32 total
>12 second obstacle course
idk what the obstacles are
>45cm vert
i think 35 inches is enough

where do i sign the fuck up?
>>
>>36862163
I'm not saying they are difficult but a lot harder than what op has to do.
>>
>>36862204
Yeah, for sure. The requirements are easy, but Chicago has other requirements too. Last time I checked they wanted you to have a 4-year degree, or 4 years military experience, and you have to pass a background check, and drug test. Sounds simple enough but keep in mind this is Chicago we're talking about. Like the other anon said, a shitload of people are retiring every year and the department needs bodies, desperately. It seems only natural to lower the physical requirements.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.