[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
APT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: postur1.jpg (742 KB, 957x2587) Image search: [Google]
postur1.jpg
742 KB, 957x2587
Hh..help...me!

After spending considerable amount of man hours into fixing this, I'm pretty sure I've made 0 progress, in fact I think it might be getting worse.
Ofc I know everything there is to know about this topic. I've read countless articles and threads over the years.

Things I've tried and am still doing.
-Various ways of hip-flexor stretches
-Rectus femoris stretching
-Couch stretch for that there simultaneous quad and hip-flex stretching
-Foam rolling quads, h-f, glutes and lower back
-The eternal glute bridge, both for reps and isometric holds
-various non hip-flexor dominant ab exercises, reverse crunches, dead bugs, etc can hold a perfect front plank for 3 minutes

Things I haven't tried:
-Deadlifting (different opinions on this one when it comes to fixing atp)

What am I missing? It feels like my body is resistant to stretching. There's gotta be something I've overlooked.
If I could get 1 exercise from this thread, 1 secret movement that could help me I'd be thankful.
>>
And ofc I forgot, being mindful of posture throughout the day. Constantly reminding myself to flex the glutes, chest forward etc.
>>
>>36856877
Why the fuck haven't you tried deadlifting all of these years? It's literally the posture fixing lift.
>>
>>36856937
I don't know bro. I reckoned all this other shit will help. Guess I was wrong.

I was lazy to go to the gym as well.
>>
Start deadlifting, not 1RM snap your shit up deads but higher volume clean form and work from there.

Hamstring mobility? Can you keep your legs and lower back straight and touch your toes.

Are you actually eating enough food for your abdominal muscles to strengthen? You look fairly low bodyfat but appear to have a weak/skinnyfat core.

I had APT and hitting abs 2x a week along with deadlifts and a balanced PPL routine had my posture fixed in a year, also it's not so much about flexing the glutes as it is pushing your hips forward when being concious of posture
>>
>>36856877
Have you seen a physical therapist yet? They'll do better than anyone in this board
>>
>>36857017
Hamstrings are surprisingly flexible. I can plant the palm of my hands with legs straight. If I warm up I can do a standing pike.

>Are you actually eating enough food for your abdominal muscles to strengthen? You look fairly low bodyfat but appear to have a weak/skinnyfat core.

Yeah stomach looks distended exactly because of posture, although I am completely relaxed on that photo. I can't say for sure whether or not I have a weak core. I do know is that I do a lot of ab work.
Some of these people haven't done a single sit-up all their lives. Are their abs weak as well? Why are their postures perfect then?

>ppl routine
The general consensus is that one should avoid quad-dominant shit, especially squats when fixing apt. Is that not the case?

>>36857066
No. But after making this photo I have that in my plan for near future.
>>
>>36857017
Actually deadlifts lead to APT, they do not correct it.
>>
Front squats are the answer
>>
>>36857446
But how can that be the case? I know they are a lot of mixed opinions about this.

Main cause of apt supposedly: Tight hip-flexor (although I've been having serious doubts about this one) and weak hamstrings and glutes.

Don't deadlifts, or at least some variations of them work hit hams/glutes hard?
Stiffed leg deadlifts or maybe American deadlifts etc
I know Bret Contreras has a vid on it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAVMj6GJwfY

>>36857492
How? What is the difference?
>>
>>36857538
Idk, perhaps I was doing them incorrectly but I think its been the cause of my APT along with squats. Then again, I was using my back more than the legs.
>>
>>36857679
Yeah. The only way I plan on using them is from the glutes/hams.
>>
>>36856877
Why the fuck do you stand like that?
>>
>>36857692
That's how I look relaxed - for the purpose of photo. I can brace my abs, pull my abdomen back but it only get so much better.
The reason I made this thread is because I stand like that, you know? I want to fix it.
>>
File: lordosis1.jpg (20 KB, 396x294) Image search: [Google]
lordosis1.jpg
20 KB, 396x294
Looks more like pics related....
>>
I am much worse, and both hyperkyphotic (hunchback and double chin aesthetics) and hyperlordotic (beer belly aesthetics). It doesn't help that I'm eally big after years of lifting.
I basically have a hgh belly with higher bodyfat.
It's really bad - I can't walk around while tensing everything, so I just have a rock hard, huge belly and look like shit.

I had this for years now, everyone tells em to just lose weight, which obviously doesn't help at all.

I have found that the supine leg lowering test people do as an abs strength test really helps me, as do exercises for body tension from gymnastics.
However, I have hernias and they really hurt when I do these exercises.

I dunno, maybe try Pilates? But that also hurts my hernias.

Man, when I was a kid we learned all kinds of exercises for a better posture and I can't remember a single one.
>>
>>36857946
I feel you bro. This shit bothers me so much. And I am already doing the leg lowering as en exercise.
We're all gonna make it.
Fucking posturelets.
>>
>>36858001
But how? How are we gonna make it?
>>
>>36858097
I literally have no idea. I just said that to make myself feel good.
Let's start with properly executed deadlifts pulling the weight from the hams and glutes and pray to god it works.
If you've already tried that then I'm sorry bro. But we're still making it, even in grave.

Fuck it, I'm not spending an eternity underground in an uncomfortable position. I'm gonna pay somebody in advance to dig me up after my body has decomposed and to position my pelvis neutrally.
At least I can rest in peace.
>>
File: posturefixed.jpg (569 KB, 883x2247) Image search: [Google]
posturefixed.jpg
569 KB, 883x2247
There. that's all I need. How can I make this happen irl?
>>
>>36858414
Abs exercises.
Try around until you find one that kinda does this after the first set. Then keep at it.
>>
>>36856877
I'd still hit it

also, what is that black scribbling supposed to be good for

you realize, censoring doesn't work that way, right?
>>
>Have lordosis
>makes my butt look huge
>all dem women be mirrin
Why is this a bad thing?
>>
>>36856877
I've been trying the advice from guerillazen fitness's YouTube video on it. Seems to have helped me somewhat, but I still have a ways to go
>>
>>36858794
>be in the same boat
>have my friend's girlfriend constantly slap my ass

i can't say i didn't return the favor, atleast it gave me an excuse to touch her fat ass.
>>
>>36858835
I think I watched before but I'll revisit it.
>>36858794
Yeah, but still it looks ugly and unnatural. I want to be the way mother nature intended it.

>>36858852
kekeke
>>
>>36858181
>I'm gonna pay somebody in advance to dig me up after my body has decomposed and to position my pelvis neutrally.
Lol. Just keep at it, man. Might just take a while. I'm gonna see my PT about it soon
>>
>>36858975
Hook me up with some feedback bro.
>>
LONDON
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.