[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Soylent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 468x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 468x314
Anyone tried it?

Seems perfect for cutting. 1/2 days worth of this and a dinner of steak/veg/mash is
151p
196c
70f
2000 cals
>>
never a good idea
satiety isn't triggered by fluids, and that actually has a meaningful impact on hormone balance and growth factors

it's decent as a meal-replacement shake or just a snack to boost your macros, but I'd recommend browsing the community recipes on their website to make some a LOT cheaper and without soy
>>
soylent is a scam

its basicly protein powder with maltodextrin and bunch of other useless stuff

not every macro is the same
>>
>>36854451
Stomachs are meant to be under use digesting solid foods and breaking it down to convert whatever it can into energy.
>>
Soylent sucks, most of the calories come from fat and carbs.
1.5 only has like 80g of protein for 2000 calories.
>>
>>36854755
B-but muh calories in calories out.
>>
Ignore the other people in this thread. Soylent makes for an excellent base- I don't use it for cutting, but as a breakfast and lunch replacement. Put it in a blender with peanut butter, ice, protein powder, creatine, frozen banana- it'll taste delicious.

By itself it tastes like soy milk
>>
Just mix peanut butter, oats and protein powder (+chocolate, raisins or whatever you want for taste) if you really need a meal replacement thingy. Soylent is a meme.
>>
>>36854451
garbage. Why you dumb kids are so eager to waste your money on stuff like this instead of eating solid food with no fucking added sugar or garbage-tier protein... i will never understand
>>
It's made of people.
>>
File: 1461025125776.png (179 KB, 307x364) Image search: [Google]
1461025125776.png
179 KB, 307x364
>>36854451
Please op, tell us more about your product.
>>
>>36854989
I mix it with my oats and it's great pal fuck you.
>>
>>36855566
nope
>>
sounds terrible, I can't imagine something liquid filling you up to any degree

Unless you enjoy the feeling of constantly being hungry, I wouldn't even bother trying
>>
>>36854880
It's a meal replacement, not a protein shake. Either way, nobody with a TDEE of 2000kcal needs more than 80g of protein.
>>
>>36855677
If it has the correct insulin response, it will get rid of the hunger.
>>
>>36855784
>blood sugar levels has to do with hunger response
>>
>>36854451
About 60% of my calories in a given week come from Soylent. It's great. It's a very cheap and easy way to eat healthfully.
>>
>>36855797
Wew lad you're retarded.
>>
>>36854451

My boyfriend uses it as a meal replacement sometimes because he's a lazy ass and would just be eating garbage snacks if he couldn't be assed to make anything.
>>
>>36855758
2000 calories is just the standard calorie recommendation.
500 calories to 20 g of protein is just bad.
Hell the first ingredient in it is fucking oil.
>>
>>36854451
What bothers me the most about soylent is the creators story behind it.

Something along the lines of:
>I'm an epic programming prodigy that doesn't have time to meal prep between code sessions

It's shit like this that makes me despise the developer community. People like this are why so many places expect ridiculous hours plus on call support 24/7. There's always some sucker out there willing to fucking do it.
>>
>>36854451
I fell for this meme but now I just make protien shakes. They even taste way better than that crap.
>>
>>36854451
SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE
>>
Your body literally can't digest liquids.

Just get fucking real food you retard shit talker.
>>
Eat. Food.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.