[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dumbbell, Kettlebell type or Pistol squat guys??
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1451083442322.png (699 KB, 860x1236) Image search: [Google]
1451083442322.png
699 KB, 860x1236
Been on a break from exercising for about 2-3 months. My PR on squat used to be 21 kgs on each hand dumbbell squat (noob). Let me give you some context of my situation. Got home gym with a lot of weights, no kettlebell, but don't have anyone to form check my squat since my bro left, so I need a kinda safe type of squat that can still make me hate myself after I'm done so I can have big gains. Now, could any of you guys please help me a bit? My current view on dumbbell squat is that it's very tiring yet rewarding, but can still send you to snap city like a barbell squat if you don't have the best form at all times, so not really noob-friendly. Now, if I did kettlebell squats, I would still use a dumbbell but not hold two of them on waist height, I would either grab with both hands 1 dumbbell and put it on my chest or have it down between my legs. Last, the pistol squat seems really cool, yet it's really fuckin' hard to do and I wonder if all the time spent training to finally do it would give me enough gains as doing the other two.
Also, which exercise gives what gains (glutes, quads, hamstring, etc...)
>>
File: 1451241232003.jpg (45 KB, 449x620) Image search: [Google]
1451241232003.jpg
45 KB, 449x620
BARBELLLLL SQUUUAAAAAAATSSSS...
>>
>>36854326
well, I don't have a barbell and even if I did, as I said I'm a noob which I would probably fuck my waist up senpai
>>
>>36854344
You want gains or not? Get a power rack/cage. You're not going to fuck anything up senpai, squats are ez pz.

You said you have "a lot of weights".
>>
>>36854286
Buy a barbell and slowly go up in weights making sure you're comfortable as you go, wtf do you think dummy. Also 21kg dumbbell squats is basically like a child, you may as well not even say you "stopped" working out, you pretty much never started.
>>
>>36854392
>>36854406
Just consider me a broke 18 year old who can squat with what he already has: 2 dumbbells and a lot of weights
>>
File: 1450998368652.jpg (148 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1450998368652.jpg
148 KB, 1024x1024
>>36854411
Acquire gym membership.
>>
>>36854411
What does "a lot of weights" mean? You got adjustable dumbbells? How much weight?
>>
>>36854507
adjustable dumbbells yah. A lot of weight means 12x5kg plates, 4x2,5kg plates, 8x1kg plates and 4x.5kg plates, equals 80kg, which is more than enough for me
>>
>>36854517
Well, start doing dumbbell routines 4 or 5 times a week brah. You can make it, if you truly want to. To be honest id get a gym membership though.
>>
>>36854596
thanks for the advice but I prefer my ppl routine. I'm just looking for the perfect squat for the leg day. Also, not only do I have the money as I said before to buy a gym membership, but even if I had it, I'd still prefer the silence that I have at home. Maybe that's just me
>>
>>36854631
Load the Shit out of 1 dumbbell and hold it between your legs and just do faux kettlebell squats. That's probably what I'd end up doing. Also take both dumbbells and do farmers walks.
>>
>>36854638
what muscles would the faux kettlebell squat work?
>>
>>36854660
Quads, hams and glutes.

(Get a gym membership, srs)
>>
>>36854638
aka goblet squat, right? Or is there a difference?
>>
But what about pistol squats, has anyone ever in here tried them? Or are y'all against calisthenics?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.