[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on resistance bands, /fit/. Do you use them? Do t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Redpill me on resistance bands, /fit/. Do you use them? Do they work?

Thinking about getting the black one, on Scooby's recommendation:
http://scoobysworkshop.com/resistance-bands/
>>
>>36853373

Mostly useful as a temporary replacement if you're travelling. Not so good as a primary mode of training.
>>
>>36853384
Yeah I have a long trip planned soon and I'm hoping these will be a decent replacement until I have gym access again.
>>
>>36853373
Feels more like wrestling than lifting, if that makes sense.
>>
>>36853373

>physiotherapy
>emergency replacement for weights

Random waste of time and space otherwise
>>
>>36853459
I forgot one other use for them.
If you have trouble with the top of your squat/bench/deadlifts they can be used to provide resistance where you want to improve but there are better ways
>>
>>36853472
>If you have trouble with the top of your squat/bench/deadlifts
Pls elaborate
>>
>>36853373

Generally pretty fucking useless if you're even the least bit trained to start with. And even if you aren't, there are MUCH more effective ways to train. Like with barbells

>But I'm going on a trip

Find a gym you fucking dork. Surely you aren't going off into the ass end of nowhere, and if you are, you either have a VERY good reason for it and will live if you miss the gym for a week or two, or you are a retard and should just stay locked in your home, away from people who aren't retarded, for the rest of your days.
>>
>>36853484

If you have them attached from the barbell to the ground in some fashion, the resistance will increase as you get to the top of your rep, allowing you to train specifically that part.

However, I don't know anyone on earth who struggles at the TOP of a rep. The hardest part of the rep is JUST out of the hole, right after the stretch reflex is over, and when the lever arms involved are still long and troublesome. The closer you are to the top, the shorter the lever arms around the joints become, and the easier it is to move the weight.
>>
>>36853512

A lot of guys miss their bench high, particularly if they're using a close-ish grip or a lot of leg drive. Likewise a lot of people miss their deadlift at lockout but that's usually a lack of floor strength anyway. Squats the real rarity to see missed much above parallel.

It probably shouldn't be a surprise to learn that the innovators of bands and chains in lifting were guys who competed in gear.
>>
>>36853373
I used them to help get over a bout of tendonis in my elbow a year back...otherwise don't use them.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.