[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you call yourself fit when most of you can't even
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 450x300
How can you call yourself fit when most of you can't even run a mile let alone run a mile in under 6 mins
>>
>>36852668
I run 2 miles every single day, senpai.
>>
>>36852668
I run about 4-5 miles a day. Through hills. Running a mile takes literally no effort and probably 90% of this board can run 1-2 easily.
>>
>>36852668
I run a 6 minute mile when I die and become a spooky skeleton like you :^)
>>
I actually gotta run 1.5 miles in 17.5 minutes or less in the morning for a employment pt test. I never do cardio but I expect it to be a piece of cake. Just having trouble falling asleep from performance nerves ;_;
>>
>>36852808
Remf
>>
how do i git gud at running?

i'm always out of breath, tired and sweating after 15 minutes
>>
>thought i wasfit because i jogged 3-5km every weekday for 3 years in hs
>stopped running when i started lifting to maximize gains
>started running again around a year ago
>get down to a 25min 5k with a 130kg squat, feeling good
>decide to start HIIT on the treadmills
>15min run, 30s at 8km/h, 30s at 16km/h
>so exhausted when i finish that i puke for the second time ever from cardio
>mfw 'runners' think they're fit because they can jog for 10km
Why aren't you doing HIIT?
>>
>>36853958
i don't do HIIT ever, yet im positive im faster than you. i do a slow run, some medium runs, some fast runs. but until i join my college's xc team im not fucking with HIIT
>>
>>36852668
Because when in a fight or flight situation I face my problems while you run away OP
>>
>>36853958
>Do something your body isn't used to
>It has a hard time with it
Well fucking cheers for your discovery you mongoloid.

I have a friend that regularly run a 5:30 miles but have the hardest time keeping up with the boxing/savate classes when he joined me. He just wasn't trained for

What are you gonna say next ,that a marathoner or a triathlon er isn't an athlete because he doesn't train for HIIT ?
>>
>>36852668
>that fucking heelstrike
>no candence whatsoever

bait has been set.
>>
Don't ever really run above 800m but my best is 1 min 52 and I average around 2 min
>>
>>36854420
you sure about that 1:52 man? that's a fucking filthy time, and waaaay far off your average which is still good but not amazing.
>>
>>36852808
>1.5 mile in 17min

Nigga, that's walking pace.

[spoiler]USAF?[spoiler]
>>
>>36854420
>1:52
you tried to make it sound realistic and failed man, i'm sorry
>>
>>36852668
SHOO SHOO GAINS GOBLIN
>>
Last time I did cardio I hit two 1600's at 6:30 each
I'm pretty sure I could run a 6:00 mile if I had to, but I'd definitely struggle near the end

>tfw used to run sub-5 mile and now can maybe run sub-6
>>
Is there much truth to running ruining your gains? I do SL5x5 Mon, Wed, Fri and run Tue, Thurs and Sat. I assume because it's on my off days it won't make too much of a difference
>>
>>36854746
There's a kernel of truth in the fact that you won't get as big as people who only do weightlifting, but you will be in much better cariovascular health and all around athleticism, just make sure to count those calories you burn doing cardio an eat accordingly or you will lose gains.
>>
>>36854746
You'll have to eat a lot more
>>
>>36854495
>>36854447

The 1:52 was college time, about 3 years ago, ran just over a second slower than the record. Been getting progressively slower since.

I relied more on speed than endurance anyway, was far better at 400m
>>
I've never run in my life. I walk about 10km 3 days/week (work) and swim once/twice a week. What would be a reasonable amount of running to start with? I don't want to risk an injury from my body not being used to the impact of running.
>>
I ran 10k today, OP. I'm good.
>>
>>36852808
That's really easy. I'm slow as fuck at running but even I could do that with little effort. You'll be fine
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.