[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Good core exercises that aren't sit ups
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: 2012-9-12-Plank-1.jpg (31 KB, 620x242) Image search: [Google]
2012-9-12-Plank-1.jpg
31 KB, 620x242
Are planks effective for getting a good 3D six pack?
I can currently hold 2 minutes but my abs aren't really something

Pic related
>>
>>36852496
Deadlift
"The" Press
Chin ups
>>
>>36852496
Nice spot reduction meme
>>
>>36852538
not sure if SS, bait or retarded. he said sixpack, not muh functional strength
>>36852496
just look up ab exercises there are millions as even normies want to do them hoping for a six pack
>>
the only reason this meme exercise is on everyones jock is because of that one asshole doing a guiness record.
>>
>>36852496
-captains chair
-hanging leg raises
-ab wheel
-weighted sit ups on the decline
-dragon flags (because Rocky)
>>
Stir the pot is GOAT, like a plank but harder and the form is easier than ab wheel rollouts. Stuart McGill seems to like it too.
Pallof press variations are great (for your rectus abdominis you should do some anti extension, like this :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-iCT-kuBfU
)
>>
AB WHEELS WILL SNAP YOUR SHIT UP DO NOT DO I REPEAT DO NOT DO THESE!!!!!!!
>>
>>36852496
if you can do a plank for 2 minutes you're not doing an effective plank, especially if you have any strength goals
>>
I've made a progression, feel free to use it
>leg raises
>hanging knee raises
>hanging leg raises
>hanging leg raises with a pause at the top
>toe to bar leg raises

probably going to start hanging knee/leg raises with 1 arm after that, i don't really know how to get between toe to bar raises and front levers, since I dislike doing stuff slower, since it's hard to measure that.
>>
>>36854157
You're weak as shit

I do 3x 5 minute planks every day

My form is fine, my core is solid as fuck
>>
>>36852496
Add weight to your planks and keep it to 60 seconds. You might need help to get more than 1pl8 on your (lower, not upper) back. Remember to squeeze your ass. If you don't you're not doing a proper plank.
Supposedly captains chair has the most ab activation of most of the exercises. There's a chart somewhere.
>>
>>36854149
Can you elaborate?
I used an ab wheel last week when working core and found that when I began to fatigue and my form dropped it caused lower back pain.
Have avoided since then
>>
File: image002.jpg (8 KB, 312x172) Image search: [Google]
image002.jpg
8 KB, 312x172
>>36854201
Not the guy you're quoting, but when your form dropped, your back hyperextended (see pic related), and there was suddenly a lot of pressure on your disks and everything like it bulged and shit and it delaminated your collagen and it basically snapped the fuck out of your spine man so don't ever do it again unless your form is 100% perfect (and you stop as soon as you feel like it can break).
>>
>>36854140
This just seems like a weighted plank tho
>>
>>36852496
Grave diggers are pretty good
>>
>>36854176
wrong, the weight is supposed to rest on your upper back
>>
>>36854140
Is that video meant to be a fucking joke?
>>
>>36854140
Wtf did I just watch?
>>
>>36855890
This seems good if you wan't to kill everybody around you
Especially for those that are in small gyms
>>
>>36854170
Did your cousin touch your core?
>>
i do kai greene's ab routine, 2-3 sets of the whole circuit will kill your ass if you're consistently squeezing and contracting correctly
>>
I like doing planks, but with my elbows propped up on one of those big inflatable balls. Roll it around in circles, front to back, side to side, etc.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.