[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have cheat meals? Why or why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 800x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 800x609
Do you have cheat meals? Why or why not?
>>
No, but I'm also not autistic about diet.

I find this works much better than being autistic about diet and setting up specific dates to eat shit.
>>
File: 1404065078085.jpg (280 KB, 576x1296) Image search: [Google]
1404065078085.jpg
280 KB, 576x1296
i do, twice, sometimes three times a week depending if theres a speciel event. Mostly special k with berries + yohgurt. Sometimes burger king. But i always make them fit into my caloric goal. (i'm at a 1000-800 calorie deficit)
>>
>>36852122
as for the why, because i fucking love special k, and because i can.
>>
File: smug_pepe.png (114 KB, 900x867) Image search: [Google]
smug_pepe.png
114 KB, 900x867
everyday, i have a fast metabolism
>>
I eat like 4k calories at least once every 2 weeks, sometimes i might do it every week, for example last monday i ate around 3k calories, i was craving grilled cheese and it was my refeed day (low carb psmf faggot here) Then on saturday i went to a bbq and drank like 12 beers and ate some tacos, probably had somewhere around 4k cals in total, but i'm not retarded and i know that i need to watch my calories for the other days of the week, which is why i love my diet, i can hit my protein goal and be fine for the day eating as low as 800 cals.

With all of the shit i ate i only gained a pound and a half, which i'll be losing (plus some extra) by next week

i've lost 28lbs in 6 weeks doing this. It's not hard as long as you have some self control.
>>
>>36852083

This.

The closest thing I have to a "cheat meal" is if I treat myself to takeout on Saturday or something like that, my regular diet is balanced enough to where I can satisfy all my cravings during a regular day of eating.

Also I'm 6'2" 225 lbs so I need quite a bit of cals anyway just to maintain.
>>
File: 1457631166967.jpg (42 KB, 728x419) Image search: [Google]
1457631166967.jpg
42 KB, 728x419
>>36852065
my entire diet is a cheat
>>
>>36852065
I'm bulking
>>
>>36852193
You mean you're getting fat and saying you're bulking
>>
>>36852083
This. I just work harder on days I know I've eaten more. It's stupid fucking easy
>>
Once every four to five weeks. I'm thinking some chicken wings and a slice of cake next time.
>>
>>36852065
i try not to, and it would never be pic related because i wouldn't be satisfied afterwards and it would turn into a 2000 cal binge
>>
no, for two reasons

1. its an admission of weakness that your negatively reinforce (ie "i can't get through the week without eating chips on the weekends")
2. however insignificant, its not the optimal way to achieve any fitness goal
>>
>>36852065
I count macros, i eat out everday, still shrrdded and gains
>>
You think you have it bad?

Try having an overeating fetish
>>
Might have a cheat meal here and there, once every week or two.

Having an entire day dedicated to cheating on my meals just makes me want to throw up.
>>
>>36852065
>scheduling failure
why would you do this?
>>
>>36852590
How's that autism treating you?
>>
>>36852065
I think calling some meals "cheat meals" is a stepping stone to eating disorders.

You should never feel guilty about eating tasty food in moderation.
>>
>>36852065
If you just stop eating these foods, eventually you won't crave them or even like them anymore.
>>
>>36852703
are you so far removed from real life that my psot seemed autistic?

some people, fuck.
>>
>>36852744
Please, im not even that anon, and you do sound autistic, admission of weakness? Are you in the military? Lol....
>>
>>36853025
...le reddit dots...
>>
It's my birthday today and I had a spoonfull of ice-cream.

Now I kinda feel bad.
>>
>>36852712
how do people get this delusional?
What makes you think delicious food is addicting? You even fucking think it makes you look cool if you say you dont like cake.
You got fucking memed to death kid. jesus christ.
>>
>>36852712
I just despise them now, what have I become
>>
>>36852712

True, I did this with donuts and soda and now they both aren't even appetizing to me anymore - just go cold turkey and in a couple months you won't even want to go back
>>
No cheat meals for me. I tend to exaggerate: I am not having problem cutting at 1400 kcals/day but if I let myself eat free I can easily go over 8-9k kcals. And that would set me back quite a bit.
>>
>>36854941
>>36854946
ah yes, that makes perfect sense. Wait no. youre absolutely retarded and are making this up.
Food is not addicting, cake is not cigarettes. You didnt get hooked as a kid but when you finally managed to create the MASSIVE WILLPOWER FROM WITHIN of not eating cake for X amount of time. You didnt then realize that cake is actually disgusting, you werent tricked.
You still like cake, just like everyone else. Its not addicting. And nothing bad will happen if you eat it right now.
>>
>>36854998

I don't still like soda though - it tastes like pure sugar and isn't refreshing/thirst quenching at all
>>
>>36854998

>You still like cake, just like everyone else. Its not addicting. And nothing bad will happen if you eat it right now.

Is cake good? Yeah sure, but after eating healthy foods for x amount of time eating a piece of cake makes your body feel like shit.

Will I have a bite of cake? Yeah it's sweet and tastes alright, but the way it makes me feel will keep me from having another bite.
>>
>>36855050
>eating a piece of cake makes your body feel like shit.
no it doesnt. You either lie or youre actually literally delusional.
You know, like a muslim who throws up after eating pork by accident.
>>
>>36854998

You can inadvertently condition yourself to feel pos/neg reinforcement though which is what happened to me. The thought of eating chocolate/fatty foods makes me feel sick now.
>>
>>36855070
So you still like baby food and breast milk?
>>
>>36855070

You get to know your body really well once you've experimented with different diets, routines, exercises, etc.

When I eat unhealthy foods I feel like I'm in a fog, when I'm healthy I'm mentally present.

It's hard to describe to someone who hasn't experienced a healthy lifestyle before but everyone finds their balance which makes them happiest.

I just so happen to feel happiest when I eat healthy/exercise.
>>
File: 20160408_081057-01.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
20160408_081057-01.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>36852065
I eat clean all the time so I like myself indulge in a cheat meal once very 1-2 months. Last meal was an omelete with hashbrowns and chicken fried steak + cheese and mushrooms inside, smothered with sausage gravy on top with a side biscuit. I immediately cut it in half and actually was barely able to eat half. Ate the other half for lunch later that day. Absolutely delicious. I need a release every now and then. I can't have sweets though. After cutting sugar out from my eating habits, even a small bite of cookie or cake gives me an upset stomach.
>>
>>36852065
I do but not entirely on purpose, whenever I get to decide what to eat is always healthy small low Cal meals but on occasion when I go out with friends I have no choice but not be a party pooper and eat with them without being the calorie autist I usually am
>>
>>36855146
I let myself*
once every*
Jesus it's too early
>>
I save up my cheat calories for social events when everyone's eating junk so I don't have to be the only autist with a salad.
>>
>>36852155
Does anybody know how to quantify "high meta" so I don't screw up caloric deficit? I started this fairly recently and I've always thought I had a high metabolism because I ate like shit (3000+ kcal) and was always skinny.
>>36855211
This is what I do now
>>
>>36855283
Track your daily caloric intake and weight and compare them
>>
>>36852122
>cheat
>fitting goals

not sure you get the concept here
>>
No, if I want to indulge in something high cal/fat/carb then I plan my day accordingly so I can still reach my goals. You can't cheat your health anon.
I'm about to go have some pizza in an hour, but I skipped breakfast and will be having veggies for dinner
>>
>>36852065
Sure do.

Gotta shock those leptin levels brosef
>>
>>36852166
it's easy.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.