[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just went for my first run in a very long time. I'm 18,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
Just went for my first run in a very long time.

I'm 18, and am around 230 (mostly fat)

If I ran and ate as healthy as possible every day for a month would I see results?

Pic related. It's me a few days ago
>>
>>36849409
Define "as healthy as possible". If you are eating less calories than you are burning, you will lose weight, probably not visible size in 1 month, but your weight will decrease
>>
>>36849426

Before, I would generally eat until I was full, but I want to try to be at a point where I would have like, an apple, a bottle of water and some soup for lunch or something like that, instead of a burger, and some chocolate milk
>>
I know that feel bro. I came down from 220 mostly fat and now i am a lean mean 170 after years of work. you gotta grind to shine.
>>
>>36849471

How long did it take of hard work before you could visually see results?
>>
>>36849409
every day until you like it, then go harder so you hate it again. repeat
>>
>>36849466

You need to count your calories, you're never going to make it eating things you find arbitrarily healthy and definitely won't if you eat until satiation.

At your weight a 2,000 calorie diet would be good for you.
>>
>>36849466
The only way to guarantee you will lose weight is to count calories. Hunger is pretty subjective, counting calories is scientific and objective. Self-discipline is the key though, you have to want to change enough that you are willing to tell yourself "no" when you are craving that burger and say "yes" when you don't feel like going for a run
>>
>>36849518
I didn't run, what I did at the time was really stupid and i do not recommend this, but i starved myself from 220 down to 186. I started looking into fitness then and realized i fucked up.
>>
>>36849599

How did starving yourself impact you physically in the long run. Did it mess anything up for you?
>>
>>36849617
Well, I could have put on a lot of muscle at that weight, then taken the fat off. after i hit 186 i hit the gym hard, got my macros right, gained a little weight then over the years i just kept with the bulking/ cutting cycle. but starving yourself is dangerous. do not even think about it, i was a dumbass.
>>
>>36849409

After about a week of constant running you start improving on your distance and speed capabilities, but it takes a bit longer to lose wieght
>>
>>36849409
running when you're obese can fuck your joints

be careful or do elliptical instead
>>
>>36849750

Will I notice pain, or is it something that'll creep up on me (joint damage)
>>
>>36849409
You should really do swimming, bicycling or walking uphill instead of running. At your weight and body composition, you're going to hurt yourself. Try running once you've lost 50 pounds. Count your calories and be patient.
>>
>>36849409
Alright OP, here's how I lost weight, hope you can find anything helpfull.

I started walking to work last summer, which turned out to be 2 hours walk everyday. No running because I have a leg longer than the other and it would've fucked my back real good.

I switched liquors (coke, pepsi, whatever else) to carbonated water. Eventually switched to regular water (The carbonated water helped me quit those shit though, I'll never stress that enough).

Finaly I stopped taking any snacks and just reduced the quantity I took for each meals (and went from 3 meals a day to 2 meals a day, I sometimes cheat and eat 3 meals though).

Overall I lost a little bit over 40 pounds. I took some back within the last two months because I had to sit on my ass and do illustration work in my spare time instead, or else I would be down 45-50 pounds (after the holidays, I took muay thai and gained them abs and that otter-mode look, I can't wait till next month to be done with that home work to go back to trainning, though).

Now 6'8", 220 pounds, BMI of 24 and my doctor can't believe my progress since last year (on every fucking level, going to doctor was a huge confidence boost)

Hope you can find one or two advices in there for yourself.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.