[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think I'm gonna make it bros
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: cryingpepe.jpg (20 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
cryingpepe.jpg
20 KB, 412x351
Guys I'm so fucking tired of this shit and I just want to give up. I've been lifting for the past 6 months; I started after a break up like many on here because of course she went to a fucking piece of shit that had been lifting for multiple years. Anyway I've made some decent gains.

>Started out as a 6'1'' 136lbs DYEL and now I'm a 6'1" 156lbs DYEL
>Go to a community college because I caused a car accident a year before i was supposed to go to Indiana University and lost my education savings after getting my dick sued off
>Community college consists of poor kids who couldnt afford college, dumb kids who fucked around too much in highschool to get into a 4 year school, adults coming back to get a new degree, and my most hated; kids who got into a four year school and then dropped out because they partied too hard
>The problem with this demographic situation is that its almost impossible to get a girl when you are a freshman of 18 or 19
>When girls have the option between that and a 21+ year old that just dropped out of a party school they will always choose the second option. they always want the older guy
>even though I look a lot better than I did (to the point where people actually complement my physique), I cant compete with the guys who have been lifting for 3+ years and can buy alcohol (even though I have a fake)
>girls also like the idea that the older guys have more experience
>I know /fit always says never lift for girls but I started lifting so when I do get a girl, she doesn't want to leave to upgrade
>and when you cant even get a girl in the first place in the situation it seems even more futile
>>
Be glad you didn't go to state school.
College is a meme.
>>
>>36849165
Go to any party, age doesn't matter when you're drunk. Any party whore would probably fuck you if you're fit.
>>
>>36849165
Escape bag. No one will even cry when they hear you an heroed so no need for guilt
>>
>>36849198
Thats another thing. There are no parties. People always tell me to take advantage of being single but theres no where to do that. The last time I got to hook up with some random slut was at West Virginia University, but that was back in November.

AND the biggest problem is I don't just want to fuck random sluts. I'm not a kv. I want to have someone that I can be intimate with as well as fuck
>>
you'll be fine dude. get all your core requirement courses figured out and pick a major that'll have a high chance of you being able to pay back your loans when you transfer to a local uni. i did the same thing and around 8 months of university my social life took off big time. don't get caught up in the now, keep your head down and your grades up and keep lifting. seriously if you follow my advice your life will do a 180 about 6 months after you transfer to uni. plus turning 21 at uni fucking rules
>>
File: zyzz is watching over you.gif (944 KB, 275x428) Image search: [Google]
zyzz is watching over you.gif
944 KB, 275x428
>>36849165
keep lifting bro, you think giving up after 6 fucking months is gonna get you anywhere? 6 fucking months is nothing and you know it. You've barely scratched the surface of lifting, soon it won't be about the bitches anymore and you'll lift for yourself, because you love yourself and most of all you love lifting. Does it not feel just that little bit better everytime you hit a PR or when you get a mire. If you're only 18-19 you could get a solid 3 years of lifting into you by the time you're 21 and hit the bars and clubs up as a shredded sickkunt. It's a journy anon and it won't be easy but it's sure as hell worth it just focus on making yourself better in the gym and out and you'll get what you deserve. You don't sound like a complete aspie so just enjoy life for what it is, other people will come along. Also don't get hung up on the oneitis again, 95% of bitches are the same and will leave when they believe they've found something better but fuck them, they inherently don't understand what loyalty is and you'd be better off just having casual relationships with the girls who begin to mire all that work you've been putting into yourself.
>>
>>36849165
you have bad taste in women
>>
>>36849271
Hang out at the city/college library. Book worm girls love fit guys but don't have confidence. You'll meet a diamond in the rough there. To top it off they usually aren't sluts and have their shit together enough to know if a guy just wants sex or if he's stable enough to want something more.
>>
>>36849442
I'm not even OP but I was feeling really shitty today because I'm 18 but look way older, so in the gym I always subconsciously compare myself to the guys I look most like who are all huge. This almost made me cry tears of happiness this is just what I needed, we're all gonna make it brah.
>>
File: zyzz background.jpg (19 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
zyzz background.jpg
19 KB, 640x400
>>36849560
Exactly we're all gonna make it brah. 18-25 are the prime years of your life for lifting and your test levels will likely never be higher unless you hop on gear so take advantage of it. The only way to truly change yourself for the better is to make it part of yourself and do whatever you're trying to do religiously with no excuses. Obviously there's days off and such but make going to gym something you need and the gainz will fly in.
>>
>>36849605
I already do five days a week for at least an hour, and I love it. Thanks for the reassurance brah.
>>
>>36849442
OP here, thanks man I needed that
>>
File: 1422437407433.png (733 KB, 499x618) Image search: [Google]
1422437407433.png
733 KB, 499x618
>>36849683
It's takes time but one day you will look in the mirror and release you're a shredded sickkunt, just remember never give up no matter how fruitless you believe it is. Also don't get a gf they're gainz goblins for real unless you can get a qt3.14 who lifts/inspires you to lift
>>
File: 1422448108346.jpg (62 KB, 1024x637) Image search: [Google]
1422448108346.jpg
62 KB, 1024x637
>>36849688
No problem man but there isn't always gonna be someone around to tell you to get back up. You've gotta find that thing within you that never wants to give up and just keep lifting/doing you. People come and go, especially girls at the end of the day all you have is yourself. Fuck it if you're feeling hopeless go to the gym, all it's gonna do it is raise endorphins and make you feel better it's not a bad habit to get into.
>>
Just get fit then get into online dating, tinder or whatever. Yeah it sucks not meeting girls you like much but if that's the lifestyle you have to live right now to do what is best for you then that's what it is.
>>
>>36849742
I definitely would never give up lifting at this point. I love how much better I look and I'm always anxious to get back in the gym because I feel like if I'm not working out I'm wasting time that I could be using to improve myself.

I just wish I wasn't in the situation I'm in with school. I know if I went to Indiana I'd be having the time of my life.

I made this thread looking for some motivation and hoping other people would share their experiences if they went through what I'm going through as reassurance that it will change
>>
>>36849797
Well as for myself I went to uni for a year and dropped out to work for a year because I knew I didn't have my shit figured out. I am heading back in may though and gonna do a summer semester to catch up abit. You always have the power to make it better, just make the best of the situation you're in right now and crush community college because by the sounds of it you could get into a far better school. Who knows if you do really well there another school may notice you and you can get back into a uni (college, I call it uni for 4 year school)
>>
>>36849165
>hurr durr women are my metric for making it

with that philosophy? no, of course you won't make it you moron.
>>
>>36849165
>dating younger girl
>she's 18, I'm 29
>make an offhand comment about how she probably wouldn't get some 90s reference
>she loses her shit
>stops talking to me
Trust me OP, older men have it hard too. I mean, it's not like it's my fault that she can't remember a time before 9/11.
>>
>>36849165
Forget girls for now, son. Focus on getting your life in order and securing a financial future. In 8-10 years you'll be set and a fine lady will fall into your lap. 8-10 years will come in a flash so don't sweat it.
>>
>>36850275
stop fucking my women. REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>36852402
Hey, you can fuck all the 30-year olds you want. I don't want 'em.
>>
>>36852436
I'm into that, any tips on how to bang 30-40 y/o women? I'm 22 y/o, 170lbs, 5'11, and 10% body fat. I love older women. They take it so well.
>>
>>36852499
Hell if I know. I prefer women in their late teens/early 20s.
>>
>>36849165

Get the fuck out of here OP. I was accepted at Berkeley (Haas) when I finished HS in '11. July 7th 2011 I woke up with a partial paralysis of the left eyelid (droopy eyelid) and partial paralysis of the left eye (couldn't make it move to the left). After three days my eye was immobile and I couldn't move my eyelid. Benign tumor inside nasal cavity had begun pressing the back of my eye socket. Get it removed, miss Berkeley because of 1 week in hospital and 10 weeks recovery.

Get depressed as fuck, stop running (runner all through HS, stop working out, stop seeing friends. Lost motivation and decided not to enroll in community college in the fall of '11 or the spring of '12. It wasn't until the summer of '12 when my dad's 11 year death anniversary came that I got drunk off cheap vodka my mom had for over a year in the kitchen and drove to the church where his ashes are at. I broke the fuck down and thought about killing myself but then I realized that's such a fucking pussy move dude. Just get the fuck out of whatever hole you're in and if it takes moving to another country do it.

I enroll in the fall of '12, learn two languages ( I now speak 4 bc I was native in two), I studied abroad in Italy, I was a member of three clubs and president of two over my two years in CC, and I am about to obtain my bs in Bus Admin, a ba in econ, and I might fuck around and get a ba in italian because i'm that fucking good at it

Get the fuck up off your ass, take advantage of the easiness of cc classes and realize that if half-ass fuckers transfer out of there, there is no excuse for you not to transfer with a 3.5 +

I worked my way through CC and held a part time admin assistant position while at Haas

stop whining and grow up, people have it worse than you do
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.