[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Youth sports
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 800x533
So /fit/ did you play any youth sports? And what was it like for you

Me

>coach always put his own kids ahead of me despite me being better than them
>dad would rage everytime I fucked up. He earned a reputation for being "that dad"
>>
>>36847866
I played indoor lacrosse when I was a teenager
>checked a kid so hard his shoe came off
>>
Played baseball here.

>played for the Diamondbacks, then the Braves
>everyone disliked me
>I was the token fat kid who only played because his dad forced him to
>practices were the fucking bane of my existence
>whenever we won we got free soda at the canteen
>as the Braves my first year we did laughably terrible
>second year we somehow won the championship
>went to this cool-ass celebration party with a giant water slide n shit
>>
I was a sports mental kid. I played virtually every sport they offered and was generally the best player on the team

got bad depression as a teenager and quit sports to skate all day
>>
>>36847866
I was a based high school athlete and now here I am posting on a serbian brick laying forum
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 236x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 236x439
Football, now I compete in Judo
>>
>>36847866
Kek I had a similar situation OP.

In high school football we had 3 varsity coach's sons all on my age, the starting QB starting WR and kicker. It was pretty much bullshit but whatever.
>>
>>36847866
Swimming from before I could walk lads. Loved it, trained hours after school a day, was fast as hell until everyone at the high levels kept growing and I stayed a manlet.
>>
>>36847866
played timbits soccer(poor Canadian kids with parents that love them play for cheap paid for by Tim Horton's) when i was 5. haven't played sports since.
>>
>>36847866
played basketball and baseball when i was a kid. now i play kill the terrorist over in afghanistan.
>>
>>36847866
I never really liked any sports besides swimming. I just never really cared until I got older.
>>
>>36847895
u r a meanie
>>
I played soccer in elementary school and basketball in middle school. I hated it both times.
>>
>>36848708
Lacrosse is Algonquin for bloodsport
>>
When I was a kid, my parents would put my in a different sport every year to try to get me to be a healthy individual. I'd rather dick around with my friends and play video games.
>>
File: karate kid 1.jpg (177 KB, 1024x672) Image search: [Google]
karate kid 1.jpg
177 KB, 1024x672
Baseball
Soccer
Tae Kwon Do

I stopped caring about Soccer and didn't play for a year. My dad made join Tae Kwon Do with him since I didn't want to do any other sport. Glad I did since it gave me something to do. Also did Boxing last year but I didn't stick with it.

I still practice every once in a while. My dad is 60 and can still do the kicks pretty well.
>>
>>36847866
Boxing but all the coaches were fucking retards who thought they knew what they were doing but not entirely plus im southpaw so noone wants to put the time in to train me.
>>
My dad always put me in everything because I was the fat kid. Baseball, basketball, soccer, wrestling, track. Then he would rage at me because I would fuck up/not pay attention. Then he would take me to McDonalds and let me order everything off the menu.
I later learned that my dad is a literal retard, was in special ed classes all through school, and only graduated high school because he was good at basketball and all his teacher passed him so he could continue playing.
>>
File: 1442281743106.jpg (221 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1442281743106.jpg
221 KB, 550x733
>tfw when ethnic helicopter parents didn't allow me to participate in childhood activities
>feels bad man
>>
>>36847866
Yeah I was our varsity QB. Went to the state championship and we won.

I was fast.

I could throw good.
>>
>>36847866
Soccer, dad was coach, dad started beating mom, dad no longer coach, friend's dad coach. Everyone sucks and doesn't want to win after we get scored on like twice, Start playing high school and a club team, same issue on club team. Dad dies from cancer, no more soccer.
>>
>>36848993
Bullshit, everyone loves training southpaws. I've literally never seen someone not put into the time with a southpaw. If you're fat, then that's probably why
>>
Muay thai for 19 years, and mostly trained by my mother.

>tfw the first time people see me fight
>tfw putting a knee into a motherfucker's chest or skull

I don't instigate fights, but if I happen to get into one, I make sure to deter anyone who has ever seen me fight from ever wanting to fight me.

>tfw the biggest ass whooping you've had in those 19 years were delivered by your own mother and grandpa
>>
The only sport I liked was badminton. for some reason. I liked how the racquet was smaller than tennis.
>>
>>36850611
That's really cool your mom taught you

Do you have many injuries/nagging problems from it? I'd like to lean a martial art but I've heard it can wreck your body and lifting/strength will suffer
>>
>>36850936
The worst injury I've had was a fracture in my hand from a school fight, and a sprained ankle from a sparing match.

In tournaments, anything could happen. I've been lucky and haven't even suffered a black eye in the tournaments I've been in as an adult. But it really depends on your own skills and who you fight. An elbow to the head can fuck your shit up. But you don't have to worry about someone like Tony Jaa trying to hurt you just learning it.

My lifts and gains have been unaffected.
>>
>>36847895
thats nothing.
I put 3 kids in the hospital playing football
200lbs at 14 and 6'2
>>
NJB Basketball/Little League through Elementary school.

No sports middle/high school

Intramural Basketball/Softball in college
>>
>>36847866
boxing, football and rugby. was popular back then.
>>
>>36850611
How often do you compete?
>>
>>36847866
Gymnastics when I was in primary school. Got silver at state on rings. Had to quit as I got too tall.

TKD, competed internationally
>TKD

Cricket, decent bowler, shitty batsman. Just played socially.

Athletics. Started out in high jump but it fucked my back (PB: 184). Move into hurdles and random national level (PB: 14.7). Occasionally did long jump (PB: around 6 flat) and triple jump (don't remember but was 4th or 5th at uni games). Quit hurdling after fracturing my pelvis doing a warm up drill
>>
T-ball, ballet and gymnastics were my first things. did ballet from age 3-15, then hurt my legs :(

For a really long time I thought as long as I outran the shortstop I could be 'safe' at third base so I'd run like an asshole around the shortstop and be pissed when I was out. Like, I don't think I figured out the baseline rule until my 3rd-4th year of softball
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.