[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vegetarian alternatives for protein?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: foood.jpg (9 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
foood.jpg
9 KB, 276x183
I'm planning on going vegetarian ASAP to lose weight and get healthier in general.

What do I eat so I don't feel like shit from not eating meat?
>>
File: Basic Diet Advice.jpg (1 MB, 2852x1832) Image search: [Google]
Basic Diet Advice.jpg
1 MB, 2852x1832
Lentils, beans and peas for most of your protein. Lots of green vegetables, whole grains like oats and brown rice, fruits, and nuts
>>
Stupid reason to go vegetarian
Just fix your diet.
>>
i only eat meat like twice a week. usually chicken and pork. ill eat a steak like once a month shits expensive

im making a lentil soup right now. 1360 cals 105 grams of brotein. its got tomatoes, onions, carots garlic celery.. only cost me 7 bucks total

ill post pics if you want. in like an hour when its done
>>
5 servings of whole grains
4 servings of vegetables
3 servings of fruit
2 servings of legumes
makes 1 healthy diet
:^)
>>
That is kind of a dumb reason to go vegetarian. But going vegetarian is a good idea.
Eat nuts, tofu, quinoa instead of rice, wheat gluten, milk or soy milk and last and definitely not least, non fat Plain Greek yogurt
>>
>>36846512
What's the smart reason to go vegetarian?
>>
>>36846541
health benefits mostly. Macros are important but you can really up the quality and quantity of your vitamins by switching to a plant based diet.
its also a nice way to drastically decrease your carbon foot print if you care about that sort of stuff
>>
>>36846109
Needs fish
>>
>>36846794

>dem pcbs and dioxins

Maybe an omega-3 pill though
>>
>>36846046
Steak
>>
>>36846541
To let everyone know how unique and quirky you are :P
>>
>>36846819
>Don't eat fish
>Eat highly processed fish instead
k
>>
From my understanding, most vegetarians get their protein from the ejaculate of men.
>>
>>36846846

>vegetarians get their protein from semen and sperm
>omnis get their protein from penises and testicles
>vegans eat only heterosexual proteins
>>
>>36846841

>processed
>literally just extracting the sole healthy thing from the food
>>
Fried tofu
Cooked beans with spices
Brown rice
Nuts

Veggies have protein in them too...half as much though
>>
>>36847033

"How much protein a vegetable have?"
"Half"
>>
>2016
>not already a raw paleo vegan
>>
>>36847057
Damn right
>>
>>36846046
your boyfriends cock, you faggot.
>>
>>36846161
recipe please?
>>
>>36846908
>Actually believes this
Oh desu
>>
>>36846161

Is it just lentils? I like to add barley to my soups to give it some texture
>>
>>36846512

>non fat Plain Greek yogurt
>non fat

But why?
>>
>>36846689
>its also a nice way to drastically decrease your carbon foot print if you care about that sort of stuff
Fun fact: BULLSHIT
If you want to omit one kind of animal products from your diet, omit dairy and eat meat. One calorie of milk produces more emissions than one calorie of meat. Wayyy more. Sustainability argument.
Oh and carbon emissions are directly proportional to how processed the product is (processing costs power which is electricity which is coal burned) and amount of animals (farts, literally). More cows will suffer for a calorie of milk vs meat. So here is an ethical argument too.
Plus, non fatty meats aren't unhealthy at all while dairy causes some issues here and there. Health argument.
Plus meat is more delicious than milk.

Cut out milk, not meat.
>>
>>36846135
>>36846512
desu. Just eat beans and fish and you'll get all the protons you need.
>>
>>36847033
>tofu
enjoy your gyno
>>
File: vegan-a-hole2.png (278 KB, 650x340) Image search: [Google]
vegan-a-hole2.png
278 KB, 650x340
>>36846046
>>
>>36846794
you fucking moron, stop spouting retarded shit. Ground flax seed is a far superior source of omega 3's, I eat two table spoons daily in my oatmeal. It is high in fiber, and vitamins and minerals, and is very protective against cancers such as prostate. Fish is high in cholesterol and saturated fat, and also contains heavy metals.
>>
>>36848225
Why not both?

Whole foods plant based diet is healthier and more ethic too.
>>
>>36848324

Falling for this still...

Soy contains plant estrogen, which does not effect human hormones.

Milk on the other hand contains ACTUAL MAMMAL ESTROGEN THAT WILL GIVE YOU GYNO
>>
>>36846512
Quinoa's expensive. What's a cheap alternative to rice?
>>
>>36849035
Then why do asians have small benis?
checkmate.
>>
>>36849465

Millet and barley
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.