[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>that one guy who does keto but eats a bunch of disgusting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7
File: 1460449603040.png (21 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1460449603040.png
21 KB, 420x420
>that one guy who does keto but eats a bunch of disgusting bacon, balony, and all this greasy saturated fat bullshit

No wonder everyone thinks keto is a meme. People who try do this and get no results. Newsflash: You need good fats, not the shitty ones.
>>
>>36845982
> buying the good fats bad fats, meme in in 2016.
>>
File: chestbrah.png (1007 KB, 657x621) Image search: [Google]
chestbrah.png
1007 KB, 657x621
>tfw keto diet for about 4 weeks now
>tfw someone at the gym complimented me on losing my fat on my stomach today
>>
>>36845982
well which meats give the good fats? your dick?
>>
File: girlslaughing.jpg (25 KB, 358x361) Image search: [Google]
girlslaughing.jpg
25 KB, 358x361
>>36845994
>all fats are the same
>fats from bacon grease is the same fats as avocado and almond nuts

This is what IIFYM fags believe.
>>
>>36846000
bro I got so shredded doing keto it was absolute piss.

Too bad I gained everything back in like a month.
>>
>>36845994
>saturated fats are the same as the others haha

You're dyel and/or fat senpai
>>
>>36846016
how did you gain it back? stopped dieting?
>>
>>36846016
Why did you gain everything back?

That's kinda why I don't wanna do Keto. Seems like progress reverses when you quit doing it
>>
>>36846001
fatty fish like salmon are pretty good
>>
>>36846044
You don't just gain all your fat back somehow after doing keto. You either yo yo diet like a soccer mom and end up eat a surplus or you confuse fat loss with dehydration. After reintroducing carbs into your diet you'll put back on all the water weight you lost.
>>
>>36846036
>>36846044
>>36846085
I was eating like 4000 calories a day, mostly junk food, for like two months straight because I didn't have any of it for so long I just missed it so much.
>>
>>36846001
What? Fish does. Or you can eat lean meats like chicken, turkey, and pork and get your fats from peanut butter, nuts, and olive oil. Maybe take a bio class brah
>>
>>36846099
So yo yo dieting. Don't do this brehs
>>
>>36845982
Don't ever celebrate Easter around me or my wife's son again.
>>
>>36846001
Literally the only bad fats are hydrogenated vegetable fats, because they don't occur in nature and can't be digested properly. Basically, eat whatever meat you want as long as you're not stuffing your face with eight kilos of steak a day like a fattard, and don't eat fucking crisco or margerine.
>>
>>36846145
This. I can't believe how many people in this thread think that animal fat is worse for you than nut fats
>>
File: am_I.png (115 KB, 539x379) Image search: [Google]
am_I.png
115 KB, 539x379
>>36846099
>>
Are sweet potatoes a yes or no on Keto???
>>
>>36846202
it's not that they're worse for you. It's that monounsaturated fats and omega 3s are necessary and good for you. If you think a keto diet consists of bacon and balogne, there's a good chance you're not eating your nuts and fish.
>>
>>36846306
Dumbass
>>
>there are people on this board right now, giving fitness advice, while unironically believing all fats are the same

W.e.w.l.a.d
>>
>>36846145

Don't forget saturated animal fats
>>
In 20 years it will be common practice to inject people with nanomachines that will scrape out our arterial blockages. Eat all the bacon you want.
>>
>>36846290
It's sad how he told everyone they'd make it

But in the end, he himself couldn't
>>
>>36846202

It's almost like they have atleast a basic knowledge of nutrition. The nerve of them!
>>
>>36846548
No, saturated fats are not bad for you. The most recent meta-analyses of all studies done on the subject show no link between saturated fat consumption and cardiovascular disease, and the studies which launched this meme to end all memes were suspect right from the start (data from multiple countries was omitted to create a trend line, studies were conducted on animals whose diet would normally not include saturated fats, etc.)

Consider the fact that sat. fat consumption in the US and the UK is at an all time low... but CV disease is still rampant. Then consider that at the start of the 20th century, saturated fat consumption was sky high... and CV disease was nearly unheard of.

In fact, dietary saturated fat plays an important role in the maintenance of general health (while it isn't an essential nutrient, your cell membranes are literally made of the stuff.)
>>
>>36845982
Keto is a total meme and only really makes sense if you're a sedentary manlet.

I eat a really low-carb heritage diet, but I'd basically be dead if I didn't gorge on rice or potatoes after lifting.
>>
>>36846692
>heritage diet

What kinda meme shit is this?
>>
>>36846677

>The most recent meta-analyses of all studies done on the subject show no link between saturated fat consumption and cardiovascular disease

Post the study you're referring to and I'll show you why you don't understand it and what the response from the rest of the medical community is to it.

>the studies which launched this meme to end all memes were suspect right from the start (data from multiple countries was omitted to create a trend line, studies were conducted on animals whose diet would normally not include saturated fats, etc.)

I've heard the conspiracy before. You've been reading low carb blogs and taking everything as fact without checking to see if any of it is actually true.

Saturated fat also isn't the sole cause of heart disease, it's just an important contributor, mainly through its cholesterol-raising effects.
>>
>>36845982
stupid frog poster
>>
>>36846734
Can you point me to a decent study that indicates dietary saturated fat leads to increased blood cholesterol levels?
>>
>>36846706
It's basically dietary racism.
>>
>>36846014
IIFYM? Interested in fucking your mom?
>>
>>36846306
Fuck off troll
>>
File: cholesterol fats.png (357 KB, 1050x1125) Image search: [Google]
cholesterol fats.png
357 KB, 1050x1125
>>36847267

Here's a summary of about 400

http://www.bmj.com/content/314/7074/112.long

This is something that's understood on a biochemical level. Saturated fats cause a downregulation of the LDL receptors that remove LDL particles from the blood, causing them to build up instead.

http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/76/3/504.full.pdf

Specific saturated fatty acids have different effects on cholesterol, but all saturated fats are a mixture of these fatty acids so would realistically all have cholesterol-raising effects when talking about food. Here's an example of these differences in a study comparing butter fat, beef fat, olive oil, and cocoa butter.

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.325.6004&rep=rep1&type=pdf

In one chart they show the proportion of saturated fats in the fats being studied, but also show the proportion of those saturated fats of the chain-length that raise cholesterol levels. As you would expect, the more of those C:12-C:16 saturated fats in the mix, the higher the LDL cholesterol.
>>
>>36847625
Did you even read those studies? They contradict everything you wrote. Reading your rant is like listening to Jason Blaha go over the techniques for an OHP.
>>
>>36847777

Oh
>>
>>36846145
So much this.
>>
>>36847840

But also, this >>36846548
>>
File: 980x.jpg (88 KB, 980x854) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
88 KB, 980x854
>>36846014
You do realize that pork fat/lard/bacon grease is mostly MONOUNSATURATED right? The same type of fat that's in your precious avocado/guac crap. Not to mention that saturated fat isn't even bad for you. Fuck off Jeb.
>>
>>36848005

>You do realize that pork fat/lard/bacon grease is mostly MONOUNSATURATED right?

That's actually one of the reasons meta-analysis like the other guy mentions have concluded that saturated fat isn't worse than other fats

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/2014/03/19/dietary-fat-and-heart-disease-study-is-seriously-misleading/

>Chowdhury et al. also failed to point out that most of the monounsaturated fat consumed in their studies was from red meat and dairy sources, and the findings do not necessarily apply to consumption in the form of nuts, olive oil, and other plant sources.

Basically monounsaturated fats from foods also high in saturated fat and cholesterol don't show benefit, because the saturated fats packaged with them are too shit. Nuts are great though.
>>
>>36846000
>tfw keto for 2 weeks and finally broke my weight loss plateau

Fug it feels SO GOOD
>>
>>36847857
Nice try, vegan.
>>
File: 960[1].jpg (157 KB, 960x672) Image search: [Google]
960[1].jpg
157 KB, 960x672
>>36849093
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.