[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a thread about fitness related jobs? I used to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
Can we have a thread about fitness related jobs?

I used to be a depressed fatass, and exercise saved my sanity and my life. I'd like to do something with fitness career-wise, but I don't know much about the industry. I'm hoping to pick up an entry level position this summer, like front desk work, so I can learn more about it.

There are 3 independent gyms, 2 sports centers, 4 chain gyms (LAFitness, Planet Fitness, etc), some physical therapy clinics, 2 yoga studios, etc in my town

If anybody has advice about where to start, please share. Or post if you just want to talk about your job experiences, aspirations, etc
>>
>>36845050
g4p camshow
>>
Join the military POG style and enjoy infinite gains that you get paid for.
>>
Most big gyms offer PT training courses with a qualification at the end, you just have to work for them for a certain amount of time afterward for it be valid or some shit.

Being a PT is more about making people feel good about themselves that it is fitness knowledge though. So if you aren't socially confident and well-presented then forget it.
>>
i'm training a few people on the side next to my job. i use a big 24hr chain gym and since i handle my clients very casually nobody would guess they pay me.
shits cash.
i want to make things official in the future and have my own PL/BB/oly coaching business but i still have a 2 year work contract in sales that i have to finish.
>>
what should I do lads?
I make 37k a year.
I can afford to take classes at a local community college.

What's a good gig?

We have one of the best welding schools in the U.S. here but welders don't make a whole lot more than what I'm at now.

What do you niggers do?
>>
>>36845050
Male stripper/ part time PT
>>
>>36845135

do you get raped and abused a lot?
>>
Right now I'm working on my MS in exercise science. I can do applied, clinical, or sports management. Not sure which of these I want to do yet. Currently working at a correctional facility.
>>
>>36845135
kinda want to be a stripper. how the fuck would i prepare for that job though? take dance classes?
>>
>>36845177
my friend got into it by doing some advertising for the club like handing out flyers and shit
then you get to see the strippers in action so it becomes easier to pick it up
>>
>>36845093

Is there a particular chain you would recommend I look into?
>>
Not entirely related but jobs that involve fitness like being a delivery carrier (postal, ups, fedex), or working in a warehouse are definitely jobs that involve fitness and usually pay very well depending on the company you work for. Typically have solid benefits too.

If you're a mail carrier typically get a pension, or will have a union with additional benefits.

Have done both. Can confirm, and in great shape, so that I know even if I don't make it to the gym after work I still used my body and wasn't sitting on my ass all day going to waste.
>>
If you aren't afraid of cardio killing your gains, being a valet is super active and you get to drive sweet cars depending on where you work.

If you have the personality for it, waiting tables isn't bad either. Lots of running around, lifting, and some mental gymnastics that keep you pretty sharp if you don't let it overwhelm you.
I have a friend who works in "casual fine dining" and makes about 50k a year, so it's not a bad gig.
>>
>>36845080
>Join the military SF style and enjoy infinite gains that you get paid for while being a fucking badass

Ftfy
>>
Whats a good pt job like, <20hrs per week that might net me some decent perks? I already have one pt job, but i make more than enough to support myself on that alone so i dont want to take another job to whre ill actually ve wastibg my life working so much.
>>
File: 1460373098013.jpg (220 KB, 970x840) Image search: [Google]
1460373098013.jpg
220 KB, 970x840
>>36845080
Fucking this. I was stationed in south California and the biggest guys on base were always supply or the water techs, and the grunts were squirrley crazy mofos who barely had time to sleep let alone lift. But boy could they fucking drink.
>>
>>36845050
What you need to do is find anybody you know in real life who actually has a fitness related job and ask them
>>
>>36846758
UPS Delivery you make 6 figures after <5 years. Takes a long time to get your own route though so patience us a must
>>
>>36848075

huh. All the UPS drivers I ever met were angry and passive aggressive af

I always figured it was because they were overworked/underpaid
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.