[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>see new guy in gym (probably in his mid 30s) >quarter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: disgusting desu.jpg (31 KB, 416x473) Image search: [Google]
disgusting desu.jpg
31 KB, 416x473
>see new guy in gym (probably in his mid 30s)
>quarter squats 60kg
>goes to legpress, legpresses 100kg
>Doesnt even break a fucking sweat
>ask him if he wants to join my squat superset with me and my brehs
>"nah, that shit is tough and heavy"
>I tell him why you even going if you not putting work in?
>I dont work out for the same purpose as you

What the fuck is he even doing in the gym if he's not willing to put work in? Fucking despise people like this. No need to say he's never gonna make it.

>inb4 muh purpose

Does the purpose of lifting dictate how much work you put in? Why go half assed about it just because you just dont want to be a fatass?

Holy fuck
>>
>>36841241
not superset, pyramid set. Sorry.
>>
File: 1460401361046.png (53 KB, 402x368) Image search: [Google]
1460401361046.png
53 KB, 402x368
>>36841241
>>
>>36841241
him = potentially lazy but still making an effort

people like you = Arrogant, autistic and give lifting a bad name
>>
File: 000.png (21 KB, 244x263) Image search: [Google]
000.png
21 KB, 244x263
>>36841241
>>
>>36841281
Him = You

Me = People who actually put in an effort
>>
>>36841241
Sounds pretty dumb but its even dumber to get upset
>>
>>36841241
and why do you give a shit?
>>
>>36841241
Cause most people have no idea what they are doing. Especially with fitness and health, including a lot of people on this board.

He's a lazy cunt who has assumed because he dragged himself to the gym then he's automatically healthy.
>>
>>36841241
Why are you being so butthurt about it? let him do whatever he wants. sounds like you wanted to suck his dick or something
>>
>>36841241
who fucking cares? why do you want more competition, if everyone starts to lift seriously then it loses half of the appeal
>>
>>36841293
You = autistic
Him = a guy trying to better himself

I know which guy I'd rather be famalam
>>
>>36841333
He said that to you? Or you just assumed?

I'll give you a tip that will help you all throughout your life: if a person is doing something that doesn't hurt a soul, fuck off and let them do it.

This will make your life much easier. I promise.
>>
>>36841367

Am i not trying to better myself in the gym?
>>
>>36841382
He specifically said that stuff is heavy, and wouldnt do it because of it. And then i asked why you even here if you're not willing to work? "I dont work out for that purpose", not that i know what purpose is a prerequisite for putting an effort in.
>>
>>36841396
Yeah but you're an autistic faggot who assumes everyone needs to adhere to your standards of lifting and fitness.

Sorry anon, but you should've stopped the conversation after he said "no". Berating him about his lack of motivation and discipline won't help him and it definitely makes you look like a gigantic sperg. If it makes you feel any better, you probably destroyed what little confidence and motivation he had to lift to start with.

Either way, I'd change gyms. Everyone probably thinks you're an asshole.
>>
>>36841382
I do exactly that you fucking faggot. I'm not OP.

I'll give you a tip as well mate, take your own advice and don't be a self righteous cunt to strangers.
>>
>>36841425
>If it makes you feel any better, you probably destroyed what little confidence and motivation he had to lift to start with.

It definitely does make me feel better, filtering out the lazy sacks of shit early so they dont take my goddamn squat rack one day doing petty shit (not talking about weight, but effort.)
>>
>>36841441
You might get tapped on the shoulder if you consistently try to 'filter' the gyms clientele, anon. If you like the place you lift at, I'd suggest toning back the edge.
>>
>>36841241

>Caring about other people

Never gonna make it, son.
>>
>>36841241

what is it to you tho what he does

people like you should fuck off, you don't own the gym, princess
>>
Wow OP way to be an ass
>>
>>36841441

>my squatrack

wew lad.
>>
>>36841458
Its not a deliberate attempt to "filter" them out, i dont go around asking everyone in the fucking gym "hey wanna do this tough ass shit?" and proceed to call them lazy if they dont. This guy just happened to be 2m away from me watching me squat and i asked him, turned out to be a lazy piece of shit, and it triggered me.
>>
File: 1460925625812.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1460925625812.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>36841241
>Fucking despise people like this
You despise a man because he doesn't want to be bothered/wants to keep his own pace of things?
Kys
>>
>>36841483
Only faggot and niggers get triggered, sounds like you may be both.
>>
>>36841505
>own pace of things

Dude give me a fucking break. He was obviously not even trying.
>>
>>36841241
>caring about what others do at the gym when you should be lifting

you don't sound dedicated at all
>>
>>36841483
Refer back to >>36841425
"you should've stopped the conversation after he said no".
You fucked up, regardless of whether or not the guy was a lazy piece of shit. It sounds like you're looking for anons to agree with you because you feel bad, and honestly, you should.

Anyways I'm out of here. A good lesson to take away from this is: who gives a fuck what other people do.
>>
File: dude.png (77 KB, 187x228) Image search: [Google]
dude.png
77 KB, 187x228
>>36841250
>Pyramid set
>putting work in
>>
>>36841439
You're extremely upset.
>>
>>36841241
Maybe he is recovering from injury but didn't want to explain it to a bunch of kids with zyzz singlets on?
>>
Could be rehabbing a broken cock for all you know OP. Maybe just creeping on guys in the shower. Maybe hiding from the cops or sobering up. Mind your own business alphaboy that gets butthurt when someone turns down his manloving offer.

I'd tell you to fuck off too.
>>
>Going to a gym
>Seeing a new guy
>questioning what he does

What is wrong with you? Not everyone is the same. It's his body he can do what he wants. It's nice to offer him to work in with him, but if he doesn't want to, leave him to it.
>>
Op is a massive dickhead. Advice would have been ok. "Do you want to join my group of ass slapping faggots for squats bro we're so strong?". Leave people alone. People probably hate you now.
>>
> OP expected "Haha, yeah dude, fuck why even go to a gym if you're not going to go all out 100% of the time?"
> Got backlash from reasonable people who would prefer to see someone going at 50% effort than 0% effort
>>
>>36841813
All i can take from this thread is that most people would rather be half assed like he is.
>>
>>36841836
No, most people would rather be happy that someone is trying rather than not trying. He could've been injured. He could've just not been feeling it that day. Maybe someone close to him was sick or dying. But fuck it, he said he'd go to the gym, so he's going to the gym.

Doing something half-assed is better than not even attempting, especially when it comes to health.
>>
>>36841570
>le upset meme
>>
>>36841836
Really? Cuz all I take from it is that most of /fit/ would laugh at the autistic try-hard trying to humble-brag his lamo2pl9!!!!!! squat while some regular guy tries to just do his fucking workout in peace
>>
Why so mad everyone XD? I was just pretending to be retarded, never in my life would i do that seriously.
>>
>>36841836
Question, would you rather see a fat guy hitting the gym and making steady progress, or watch him go to the gym and squirm under weights he can't handle?
>>
>>36841836
>>36841880

Either way, it shouldn't even bother anyone what he does. I'm sure OP doesn't own the gym or the squatrack

the only time I'm bothered with someone at the gym is if they hog the equipment
>>
>>36841942
That's pretty much it, hey.

Doesn't matter if someone can lift what you can lift, or half as much, or twice as much. If they're not getting in the way or being obnoxious, just let them fucking go.
>>
>>36841936
No im saying go hard with weight you CAN handle, the weight people can handle will be different obviously, im not dissing his strength. I am saying he is not even fucking trying, and that is what is bothering me.
>>
>>36841982
Why is it bothering you, though? Is it interrupting your workout at all? Are you inconvenienced, or injured, in any way from his choice of weight?

And before you say "H-he's using the squat rack...", yeah, he is. At a weight that he wants to be using. Not your job to decide who uses what weights. Wouldn't have mattered if he was squatting 60kg or 600kg, he'd still be in the same place, using the same squat rack, and you'd still be waiting.
>>
>>36841982
I believe you have lost your way, anon; /fit/ is for overall fitness which can be defined by several levels of interpretation. You sound like an enthusiastic lad that thoroughly enjoys his gym time, and I can see where you are coming from. You want to instigate that drive to work hard in other people, but you must allow others to come into their own way of discipline and ethic. Think of people like this as children. You only tell a child what they need to know in the beginning because they can only understand certain levels of concepts. This guy, however knowledgeable he may be all ready, should be likened unto a child of fitness. When he is ready to fully grasp and accept the concepts of working harder for higher goals, he will show through as a child of /Fit/ness with determination, as we all strive for. Be a guide, not an enforcer. Be peaceful in your acquaintances and they will follow.
>>
He's probably getting a better insurance rate through bis employer if he logs like 30 minutes per week or something. Dumb butt
>>
>>36841241
soo what ..you besterd...when i went to the for the first time i was 25 and i had trouble squatting the bar and going had to use the legpress machine only and couldnt load it with any weights cuz that was too heavy...everyone starts some were basterd...after 2 years i had my lifts up to 1plate(20kgs on each side) and could and legpress about the same..in 2 years this guy will be like me..and he will found you and give you a knuckel sandhiwch basterd.
>>
>>36841241
LEL WHO GIVES A FUCK WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO.

OP is a sperg
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.