[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gym notebook
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: new-one.jpg (421 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
new-one.jpg
421 KB, 1080x1920
Who /gymnotebook/ here ? What notebook are you using ?

Just got myself a nice lined paper moleskine
>>
OP is always a fag. But some OPs are more fags than others.
>>
>>36842286
I just love the paper of moleskines' notesbook, don't be mean

Also that seem like a nice topic for discuss, i see some SS/SL doer at my gym have their notesbook with them all the time.
>>
>>36842286
well put anon

>>36840404
I wish i recorded my shit at the gym but i can never stick with it. iv been lifting for 3ish years now and only recorded my stuff at the beginning
>>
>>36840404

>notebook at the gym

its like a public announcement of "i guys, i am autistic".

>having a notebook
>wearing basketball shorts
>using gloves

this is all you cancerous faggotcuckold
>>
>>36840404
>not memorizing everything
>>
>>36843036
>gloves
does anyone else feel like people have stopped this meme in the last few years? Never see em anymore lads.
>>
>>36840404
>Field Notes
>Ruled

Pocket friendly.
>>
I just memorize it unless I'm doing something highly specific like counting time between sets
>>
Don't listen to the fags OP. I usually carry around a binder with my workout planned on a excel sheet. This is helpful when your workouts are based around your maxes.
>>
>>36843063
>notepad
>counting time between sets

What fucking wizardry is this?
>>
>>36843068
Color coded with lots of graphs I hope anon. Wouldn't want anyone thinking you were a normie.
>>
>>36843036
>public announcement
>implying I even recognize there are other people at my gym
>>
Wouldn't wanna look like some faggoty millennial eh? I use an app. I do like handwritten notes but I do a lot of free workouts without planning. Not gonna sit there and write each one down when I can press a screen twice.
>>
>>36843075
Of course ;). Enjoy not making it because your workouts are so basic you can memorize them lelelelelelel
>>
Why do people carry notebooks around in the gym? Why not use the notes section of your phone and later write that down in a notebook when you get home? It's what I do and it's easier.

Though I also don't understand those that don't track anything. How the fuck do you remember it all?
>>
Dear Diary,

Today, I managed to add 2.5 on each side of the bench again. That puts me up to 52.5 pounds on each end. No progress was attempted on any other lifts; I wasn't feeling it.

Today has me thinking about love again. I know I know, but the loneliness can get to me sometimes. I've come so far in my gains but my social life is still stunted. All it takes is one random encounter though, right? I just know that I have to keep moving forward. It's just that some nights, I'd rather stay in bed and call the whole thing a wash.

Well, it's been 15 minutes now so I should probably get back to it.

Anon
>>
>>36843128
What's the point in writing it down twice? Just bring your notebook with you? Are you scared you'll get bullied?
My phone's screen gets all fucked when it gets chalk on it, so it's impossible to use on the fly at times.

But yeah I don't understand people who don't track. I always know how many reps I hit and if I changed the weight throughout an assistance exercise for example, so I'll always know what to do to beat it next time.
>>
>lined paper moleskine

*tips fedora*
>>
>>36843106
>can't remember exercises
>can't remember set and rep combos
>can't remember maxes and quickly figure out percentages of maxes

I got some bad news for you anon
>>
>>36843197
I feel like people who can't remember this stuff are the people who use the 2.5lb plates.
>>
I just have a 3-ring binder and notebook paper. I have some alternating work (e.g. pullups/chin ups, and some accessory lifts), so it's just handy for the weights since I won't see some of the movements again for 6 days, and it let's me make little notes about weak points I may notice in certain moves so I can read up on shit later.
>>
>>36840404
why spend so much on a notebook though?

I just use any lined notebook people look at me like I'm autistic but I guess I don't mind I mean I browse a estonian haiku catalog after all
>>
I understand of how y'all feel about discarding notebooks/app, but I guess I am autistic enough for this (plus I love writing/taking notes of stuff)

>>36843297
>why spend so much on a notebook though?
Used to have a cheap papermate one, but i bought one at the same time I bought some sketchbook of the same brand for the gf
>>
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 285x177
you guys are aware its not 1952 anymore right?
>>
>>36843058
I don't enjoy calluses all over my fingers
>>
They call me the Taxman
>>
>>36843555
Bet you'd enjoy learning how to grip the bar
>>
>>36843629
not so easy in a homemade pullup bar (homegym dumbbell-only cause poor student-mode)
>>
Dear diary,

Today I lifted some weights.

K bye
>>
>>36843641
even more so
>>
File: 1459460677819.jpg (119 KB, 1600x1533) Image search: [Google]
1459460677819.jpg
119 KB, 1600x1533
>>36840404
>>
>>36843654
why?
>>
File: 1458450296922.png (43 KB, 1803x936) Image search: [Google]
1458450296922.png
43 KB, 1803x936
>>36843683
How did you know i was from baguettistan ?
>>
I have this old, worn 99 cent notebook that I've been using since I started lifting about a year and a half ago. I think I'm the only guy I've ever seen in my uni gym write down my sets and stuff in a notebook, but I honestly don't give a single fuck if I look weird doing it. I have a bad memory, and I'm not going to mss up a workout to look "cool" in front of people I don't give a shit about.
>>
personally I use Jefit. Its the best all around workout tracker for Android and iOS,
>>
>>36840404
Talk to yourself while liftin and pretend to have a shinigami called Arni.
>>
>>36840404
first mistake was not buying a Leuchtturm masterrace notebook and buying a pleb book.

second mistake was having the mental capacity of a goldfish. I always see people like you in the gym with notebooks? why? there are 7 days in a week you are pushing the limits of what you can lift every week.. we all know what we are stuck on for the important lifts... we all have an idea of what weights are comfortable for accessory exercises.. Don't really understand the point of carrying notebook and pencil around the gym? the only possible reason i could see for this is to record lifts so you can track long term progress... but why not record it on your phone or in a fitness application so you have automatic charts, data, and comparisons? its also easier because you already have your phone with you. You can even record this after the gym session why bring it with you to the actual gym?
>>
>>36843814
go away Jefit shill
>>
>>36843538
nice ipad geek
>>
>>36845205
>iPad
I don't know what picture you're looking at, but that's not an apple product
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.