[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could you take on a sumo /fit/ ? https://www.youtube.com/wa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: sumo.jpg (18 KB, 236x354) Image search: [Google]
sumo.jpg
18 KB, 236x354
Could you take on a sumo /fit/ ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQpgXjh18vg
>dat permabulk
>>
>>36838541
> Probably would have turned into discussion about fighting gorillas.
>>
>>36838541
literally no one on /fit/ could without extensive martial arts training. that would be an interesting fight
>>
A sumo came to give a seminar where I train. I've literally never been hit harder and I doubt he was going much over 50%.

I train with a few dudes over 100kg from the record. Ranging from ripped to strong fat.

I saw an interview with hakuho I think talking about how getting teeth embedded in your forehead isn't uncommon on the initial charge
>>
>>36838962
that's brutal as fuck
>>
File: img_009.jpg (85 KB, 435x467) Image search: [Google]
img_009.jpg
85 KB, 435x467
>>36838541
>them glutes
Imagine how hard he'd be able to pound me
>>
>>36838979
more than your pelvis could handle
>>
>>36838541

Doubt it. I've messed around sparring with a couple of BJJ weekend warrior guys (one heavyweight, one ~80kg). Even when I outskilled the heavyweight there wasn't a lot I could do in a lot of situations and I seriously doubt its gonna get better against someone fifty kilos heavier.
>>
I'd gladly start training sumo if it didn't require me to get so darn fat.
>>
>>36839012
It doesn't. Look up chiyonofuji. Dude was ripped as fuck.

OP's pic is him
>>
>>36839012
when you retire go on a cut and become tank as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>36839012

You don't have to be.

Chiyonofuji was something like 260 12% body-fat when he took the title.

Takanoyama was something like 200 11% body-fat when he competed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gp_mhW6yLk
>>
>>36839012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7n2UP60bk
There food looks so good though
>>
>>36839099
Correct homophone usage looks even better, underage b&
>>
>>36838541
I wonder how that feels againt the sphincter.

Like, do they have to use bidets or do they occasionally leave streaks?

If it itches, do they get instant satisfaction from the friction? Are the peenors pointed up into the waistband or down and pressed tight against the body?

So many questions.
>>
>>36839198
It's Japan so they have bidets.
>>
>>36839012
You dont have to get fat. Generally it benefits them since there is no weight limit. So if you can be a 300lbs beast its prob a good idea.
>>
File: ehonda-hdstance.gif (173 KB, 473x485) Image search: [Google]
ehonda-hdstance.gif
173 KB, 473x485
>>
>>36838541
>Can you take on a pro athlete at their sport you've never practiced or conditioned for?
The answer is no for every normal person.
>>
File: BnSQxK1CQAEHGcU.jpg (50 KB, 600x672) Image search: [Google]
BnSQxK1CQAEHGcU.jpg
50 KB, 600x672
>>36839284
I guarantee a sumo would fuck up /fit/s shit in pretty much any physical contest.
>>
>>36839336
Well yeah /fit/ is a bad example since nobody here does cardio
>>
>>36839374
Nor do sumo to any significant degree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJYgEZxvglc
>>
>>36839392

>wrestling isn't cardio
>>
>>36839399

Not sumo.

Most sumo matches are very short. If it goes long enough to be considered cardio something very strange has happened.
>>
>>36839510
I never really looked up sumo videos until today.
It seemed if a match started to push 15 seconds the crowd got really excited.

As an aside, they really don't appear impressive. Two fat guys shoving, slapping or grappling for a few seconds. But to think about how much mass is being moved and the amount of force involved is fascinating.
>>
>>36839056
Watching that just made me realise that Sumo is way more intense than I ever imagined. Having never actually seen anything of it other than movies, I just imagined it as a kind of shoving contest to get the other out the ring, but this looks way more technical.
>>
File: tumblr_m3j5l2Qpxb1qhi7xzo1_400.gif (190 KB, 300x291) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3j5l2Qpxb1qhi7xzo1_400.gif
190 KB, 300x291
>>36838983
DEATH BY SNOOSNOO
>>
>>36839567
It is. It's the same principal as judo (kuzushi, breaking balance) combined with some atemi (vital point striking)
>>
>>36839535

Its one of those things that's way more impressive live. Size and impact are things that don't tend to come across well on video and that's kind of the basis of sumo as a spectator sport.
>>
>>36839567
they full on palm slap the shit out of eachother.
Each one is like a regular guy punch.
>>
>>36840087
Except far more powerful as they use their full body instead of shitty arm punches.
>>
>>36838541
Not those guys. I'd have to hit them multiple times in the head to do damage that'd end a fight, and I know damned well that I won't get more than one because of that initial charge.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.