[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beta Blockers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: beta-blocker.jpg (23 KB, 616x421) Image search: [Google]
beta-blocker.jpg
23 KB, 616x421
So /fit/,

Been prescribed beta blockers by my doctor due to chest pains and palpitations. EKG/ECG came back normal, blood work fine, healthy pulse, and "nice and low" blood pressure.

Find it a little odd he's prescribed beta blockers given my blood pressure isn't high and I've had light-headedness, but I'm not a doctor.

Just wondering what people's thoughts on them are? Do they affect lifting, negatively or positively?

I know they're banned in most sports due to the fact they basically stop performance anxiety, but I don't get anxious when I'm lifting on my own in a gym, so they're no help there.

I'm told they also slow metabolism. As a recovering skelly, this might help, but I don't imagine it's a wonder-drug.

Finally, and I know this will cause retarded levels of arguing, but I'm planning on taking gear at some point. Just a blast & cruise of test-e to start with. Are there any contraindications with beta blockers? One of the main reasons I'm thinking of taking gear aside from the muscle building aspect, is the fact a cruise dose of test is great for general mental health and confidence.
>>
>>36837061
>taking test for mental health
You should figure that out before lad

As for your original question, I'd take the beta blockers far away from lifting, or not at all on lifting days if possible. A friend of mine whose an MD said his colleague took some for his wedding due to anxiety and passed out.

No contraindications with steroids to my knowledge, but I'd establish a cause for your cardiac problems before roiding.
>>
>>36837105

Yeah, the low-blood pressure thing is worrying me. Certainly thinking of getting a second opinion before taking them.

As for cardiac problems - I'm told that 99% of heart problems are either genetic, or picked up by a heart trace (and most are in both camps) so unless I've got something extremely rare, my heart is perfectly healthy.

In terms of taking test for mental health, I realise that might come across wrong without me explaining what I mean. While mentally I feel fine, stuff like the classic mid-life crisis (or the less known but just as common late-20s crisis) is largely caused by low-test. A lot of research recently that says a simple dose of test could do more good than any anti-depressant.
>>
>>36837222
Genetics and plaque build up
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 300x256
I'm so fucking bad ass I have to take alpha-blockers.
>>
>>36837222

You can raise test naturally just lifting weights and eating healthy.
>>
>>36838082
I do both of these. Made some considerable gains without using gear.
>>
>>36838016
>be bad ass
>take medication to make you a beta

pick one
>>
>>36838455

... are you seriously this retarded?
>>
>>36837061
Depends on how much of what Beta-blocker.
I took a small dose of metoprolol because I was falsely diagnosed with a form of cardio myopathy, and it didn't effect asthma.
I was able to lift just fine on it, and my heart rate had no problems getting high enough.
>>
File: d10ZuGG.jpg (109 KB, 634x818) Image search: [Google]
d10ZuGG.jpg
109 KB, 634x818
>>36838455
>Beta blockers

The blockers don't need to do much blocking. They don't give him the Chad Thundercock blockers that would block a lot more. The blockers can basically go "p-please stop," and that's enough to block.

>Alpha blockers

The NFL lineman tier of blocker. Medication that they only give to people who are alpha enough to need an enhanced amount of blocking.

Please stop being fucking retarded before you get on /fit/.
>>
File: 007811506.jpg (31 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
007811506.jpg
31 KB, 300x200
>>36837061
medfag here, your doc prob thinks you got angina, hence the bb

they will likely negatively affect your exercise, they dont slow metabolism, they just reduce heart rate and will make it harder to max your intensity of your workouts

finally there are several CI for bbs, taking anabolic steroids is not one of them, and as long as your blood pressure is not super low youre fine, chances are if you doc prescribed them, youre good to go

>>36838633
metropolol wont affect your asthma, only noncardioselective bbs significantly affect asthma/copd
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.