[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I fucked up guys. I'm relatively new to lifting. Been doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 20_2.jpg (35 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
20_2.jpg
35 KB, 275x275
I fucked up guys.

I'm relatively new to lifting. Been doing SL 5x5 since early Feb. I've made solid gains and I'm really happy with the program.

But today, while I was doing barbell rows, I was asked by a gym employee to not do them on the platform because they are for deadlifting. There wasn't anyone waiting for me to finish so it's not like I was holding anyone up. Then he said I could finish my barbell rows on the bench press so I went to a bench and rowed over the bench.

It felt awkward as hell so I looked up where the fuck and how the fuck to do a barbell row and apparently rowing on the platform is like curling in the squat rack?

I had no idea and I've been doing it for months. I must be "that guy" in so many people's stories.

How do you barbell row over the bench? Am I supposed to straddle the bench and row over it?
>>
>>36837029

That dude's a fucking idiot. You're picking the weight off the floor, any kind of floor pull should be fine on a deadlift platform.
>>
Dude that's lame, I do mine on the DL platform and no one says anything, even if someone is waiting
>>
>>36837029
Switch to pendlay rows, do them on the platform, and tell that retard to fuck off because if you do them anywhere else you'll be making a fuckhueg amount of noise
>>
no, dude. barbell rows are definitely done from the floor, or in your case, on the platform

was that gym employee DYEL as fuck?
>>
I wish my poverty gym had a deadlift platform ;_;
>>
>>36837041
>>36837044
>>36837093
>>36837152
This is making me feel way better. So even if people are waiting to deadlift, I should still continue to row on the platform?

>>36837154
I go to a uni gym so there's a nice sized platform <3
>>
>>36837029
Gym instructor is a tard.

Also dont do rows like in your pic (bent over rows), too much snapcity potential. Go for pendlay rows instead.
>>
>>36837029
if you can't do rows over a bench, you're a manlet
>>
>>36837029

I squatted on the deadlift platform today because the squat racks were full. Come at me bro.
>>
>>36839807

How did you do that? Clean the weight up, press, then lower it onto your shoulders?
>>
>tfw gym has 8 oly lifting platforms
>tfw do The Press, squats rows and other shit on them
>>
>>36839814
yeah but just the bar
>>
>>36837029
>I'm relatively new to lifting
>since early Feb

No, you're just new.
>>
>>36841180
Haha okay fair enough

>>36838009
Do they work the same muscles? Like will they properly replace the rows I'm doing in the SL 5x5?
>>
>>36841321
Just do the rows as instructed and quit taking advice from skeltrons who snapped their shit rowing half a plate.
>>
>>36837189
>So even if people are waiting to deadlift, I should still continue to row on the platform?

yes
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.