[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /fit/, what is the thing you enjoy about lifting the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 667x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 667x465
Alright /fit/, what is the thing you enjoy about lifting the most? Let's get something positive on this board.

For me, I think it's feeling of triumph after cracking a PB, especially when you notice other people mirin.
>>
>>36836114
Honestly that feeling when you gradually find the weight you've been lifting to be getting easier and you add more.
>>
THE PUMP

GOD DAMN IT I AM FINE AS FUCK WITH A PUMP IN A TANK UNDER IDEAL LIGHTING
>>
There have been times (and there still are) when I would think about stuff that I want to do in the future and get intimidated by how impossible it seems. When that happens I remind myself to take it one step at a time and focus on doing the little things right. The best feeling in the world is when you accomplish something that seemed impossible a year ago.
>>
>The Pump
>Breaking PRs
>The feeling of getting better while my friends are out eating shit and ruining their bodies
>The alone time
>Getting away from everything happening outside of the gym

Fuck it's all so great.
>>
>>36836114
>couldn't do pull ups when I started due to being fat but with no muscle
>lifted for a year
>got sick for a year and lost all my gains became a 135lb skelly at 5'11 because I couldn't hold down food
>started lifting again the past 6 months
>focus on pull ups the entire time
>get complimented on my weighted pull ups by all the strongest guys in the gym and the owner as well

Feels good even though I feel both like a skelly and fat at 156lbs 5'11
>>
File: 1456598722534.jpg (643 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456598722534.jpg
643 KB, 2000x1000
That feeling.

Say you finish your deadlift. Just another day. But as you finish unloading the bar you feel another voice in your head. You're not done yet. You feel compelled to pick up some 5s. You've never tried this before. What's the worst that could happen?

The plates smack into each other as you load the bar. 45 pounds. 45 pounds. 45 pounds. 45 pounds. And 5. Other side.

You step up to the bar, take your grip. Hips down, knees pushed into the inner elbow, just like when you were pulling 135 pounds and feeling like a god. You know the feeling well, though you haven't felt it in a while. The knurled bar feels solid, heavy. It's the great arbiter. It separates the weak from the strong. In the past 2 years you've come to trust the iron, you know it. You understand it. It will not fail you, as long as you do not fail it. You drop your hips, like you've always done. Pull the slack out of the bar. Flex your lats. You're ready.

As you begin to pull you feel your muscles light on fire. They thought you were done. But it's mind over matter, mind over matter. A moment of uncertainty. The rod won't budge. But as the bar begins to move you know you are its master for another day. The fire is no longer in your muscles, but in your heart. The iron grinds up over your shins, over your knees, over your quads. Slowly, slowly, but as surely as the sun will rise, the bar does too.

You're at the top now. You feel like a king. A god. You beat yesterday's you. 415 pounds. There is a feeling that comes with being stronger than you thought, whether it's pulling a weight those people around you couldn't even dream of lifting, or finally breaking up with that bitch of a girlfriend and realizing life doesn't wait. Life will only reward those who are willing to push the limits, force their body and mind to be more than a man. It only comes around once in a while, and you'd feel it a lot more often if only you stopped making excuses for yourself and pulled.

That feeling.
>>
>>36837450
This is the worst place to be dramatic anon.
>>
>>36838277
fug u
>>36837450
i liked it anon
>>
>>36836197
Everyone is, but same desu
>>
Endorphin feeling afterwards... like a natural high.
Feels great.
>>
>>36836197

> tfw cumming day and night
>>
>>36836114
Cracking open a new jar of Peanut Butter does feel triumphant, OP. Don't know many people that have mired me for it, though. Congrats.
>>
Not being 130 pounds anymore
>>
>>36836197
This x999
>>
>>36836114
I love doing lateral raises since it gives me huge pumps, and doing squats with squat plug. I was skeptical at first but the plug literally helped me tremendously for my posture. But the mistake that I made in the past for that is that I bought a plug that's too big for my rear and I couldn't sit for like a week. If you purchase the right size you're golden though.
>>
>>36837450
Hnng
>>
Throwing heavy thing in the air is so satisfying to me. Heavy hang cleans make me feel like in floating
>>
>>36836151
The mad thing I've found is pulling 1 plate always feels like pulling 1, then 2 always feels like pulling 2. I can lift heavier and heavier as I progress, but the weights never feel lighter to me, If you can only lift 2 plates one day, and a few months later you hit 4 plates, 2 plates doesnt feel lighter, it still feels like it did the first time you lifted it, the only difference is you can lift 4 plates instead of not being able to.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.