[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just added weight training to my current regimen of diet/cardio.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1344640969091.jpg (48 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1344640969091.jpg
48 KB, 550x413
I just added weight training to my current regimen of diet/cardio.

Can I expect to lose weight faster or slower?

Will the muscle mass I gain on a caloric deficit be significant? Can I even gain muscle mass while on a caloric deficit? I'm new to weightlifting, and I've heard that improves your results.

>inb4 read the sticky
>read it, nothing on this specific topic
>>
not OP but bamp
>>
>>36835856
Read the sticky newfag
>>
>>36835856
Any exercise burns calories, but the intensity with which you do it determines the calories burned.
>>
>>36835856
>5 diesis of fat vs 1 diesis of fat

First faster, then slower. Yes, you can gain mass on caloric deficit (1500+ kcal) if you have enough proteins and you rest well. Yes, you can gain muscle mass on a caloric deficit. It's more difficult, but since you're probably a hambeast, it's actually very probable.
>>
>>36835930
Many thanks.

The estimate I've heard is 0.20 pounds/wk to 0.40 pounds/wk. Would that be an accurate estimate? I've seen various estimates of my lean body weight, but it's probably around 210 pounds.

I probably qualify as a hambeast. Attempting to become a different sort of beast.
>>
>>36836153
>lean body weight probably around 210 pounds
>lean
>210
... I doubt so. Unless you're a 6'4 powerlifter, you're very likely underestimating your bf%. Severely underestimating it.
>>
>>36836423
I'm 6' 5'' and have a large frame. And while I'm not a power-lifter, or any sort of weight-lifter, my job involves heavy physical labor.

You could be right, though. I'm working off a formula, with no context whatsoever.
>>
>>36836502
"Large Frame"

I always here fat guys say this, yet i've never seen proof.

hell, 5 lbs of muscle makes you look like you have a bigger frame, i can't imagine what 100+ lbs of fat can do
>>
>>36836942
I mean I have wide shoulders and a thick chest. I doubt you are actually denying that some people have larger upper-bodies than others, regardless of muscle and body fat.

Also, I'm not disputing that I'm a fatass. If I were happy with my body, or defending my weight, I wouldn't be here.
>>
>>36837023
my point is that your shoulders look tons wider than they actually are do to fat covering them. more than likely you have a slightly above average frame for your height
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.