[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey bruvs, I finally will take my fat ass from the couch and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: The DYEL's dilemma.jpg (50 KB, 430x334) Image search: [Google]
The DYEL's dilemma.jpg
50 KB, 430x334
Hey bruvs, I finally will take my fat ass from the couch and start exercising.
I already read the stick but got qa question for you guys.
Its seems that the coumpound exercises are the best for a cunt like me that never did anything before. But Im a student therefore, always low on cash.

I want to know what kind of equipaments are the quintessential for me to star lifting weights.

I need to buy the most with shortest ammount of cash I can, otherwise I may say goodbye to the busfare.

Skinnyfat by the way.
>>
>>36834902
Same situation, been doing pushups and shit like that for a solid month. It's going great so far, I'd recommend that until you get in shape and then you can get a gym membership and actually lift, since you're going to be useless there if you go in right now.
>>
>>36834928
disagree. You need to start asap, and once you get in the groove you'll be leaps and bounds ahead of people who only do bodyweight. Find a gym and pay the monthly fee dude, if you can't find 20 or 30 extra bucks a month for a gym then I don't know what you're doing. Just walk instead of taking the bus or some shit.
>>
>>36834960
OP here.
I cant walk 35 km to Uni and them other 35 back, everyday ( aside from having to go to internship).

I want something to practice at home, at least now that Im a beginner.

Thinks like machines forultra localized muscles and Whey right now it seems like a waste of money.

If I start lifting today, Im sure that tomorrow I will stay on bed the entire day because my body will be all sore. I think I will have to go slowly.
>>
File: pobre.jpg (57 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
pobre.jpg
57 KB, 540x405
Bump
>>
>>36835008
incorrect. You are simply finding a reason to not go to the gym right away. Go to tbe gym ASAP. People will more than likely be willing to help a beginer becauae they've been in your situation. Just do it. We're all gonna make it brah.
>>
>>36835950
But I have no time to go to the gym.
That is way I wanted /fit/zens to tell me what to buy.

At least I will be able to do on my free time at home.
>>
Bump my mate I've had the same question for days in my head I just need pointers on starting for beginners.
>>
>>36836137
I think /fit/ wil nt hep us tnight, breh

Maybe it wud be better t re pen this thread a few weeks from now.
>>
>>36836060
If you've got free time at home you've got free time to get your fat ass to the gym
>>
>>36836562
The gym closes at 11PM.
I arrive at 11:30PM
>>
>>36836570
there has to be time within your schedule. There is NO WAY you have no free time.
>>
>>36836651
Dude, the thread for me and other 2 anons is to ask help for older /fit/zens in what kind of equipament we should get on a little budget.

I know my schedule and I can train at home.

All I want, againt, is to know what is the quintessential equipament needed for coumpound exercises for a beginner. Nothing more.

Telling me to go to the gym is not an option.
>>
>>36836679
Confirmed for never going to make it.
>>
>>36836679
Go to big 5 and get a barbell and bench for 100 bucks
>>
>>36836744
Now we are talking.
Is the bench really needed?

Apparently, you niggas are all about squats and overhead lifting.
>>
>>36836824
>Is the bench really necessary?

Of course it is, unless you only want to do half of the workout. Get some dumbbells too while you're at it.

With all the whining/stupid questions in this thread, you make it seem like you don't want to make it.
>>
>>36836914
I have the weel and a little money.
Its just my knowledge that is zero plus what I read on the sticky.

Any kind of bench in particular that I should porsue or avoid? (not even sure if there are different sets of it)
>>
>>36836934
How the fuck does your Uni not have a gym.
>>
>>36834928
>you're going to be useless there

That's what I thought at first, but it's not true. You're gonna have to start out with babbyweight anyway, so the sooner you get your ass in a gym to start practising form the better.
>>
File: cooler150qt.jpg (8 KB, 284x187) Image search: [Google]
cooler150qt.jpg
8 KB, 284x187
>>36836824
used one of these for a month or two before i bought a actual bench.
Along with some dumbbells and a bar from wal-mart.
>>
>>36837577
Im in Brazil dude.
Unis down here are for studynfg only. There are no gyms, dorms or whateaver.

>>36840210
Oh, I tought the guy had said a bench as in "bench press"
>>
Its probably gonna be difficult to do squats at home with minimal equipment
>>
>>36841205
But what d I need?
A bar. The weights and something to make the impact on the flor be less severe. Like some tiles made of rubber or whateaver.

Not sure if you really need a squat rack just for that.

Weightlifters throw that thing on the ground anyway.
>>
>>36841286
Getting it to your shoulders I mean. To start with your legs will probably be so weak that you can just pick up the bar and put it there. But you wont be doing that for long.
>>
>>36841307
Ok, squat rack seesm to be essential.
Anything else?

Are benchs for bench presse really important or is more like a /fit/ meme?
>>
>>36841359
You can probably use something ghetto like the cooler the anon above posted, but you'll only be using dumbbells if you do that, a bench will have a place to hold the barbell above you before you start.

Also if you're in uni, do you plan on moving around a bit in the next few years as you set up your life and shit? Carting a squat rack around with you is not going to be easy. I would highly suggest trying to get to an actual gym, but if your still really against that...

buy a bench to start with, you can pick the weight up off the bench holds to start with for squats, they will be lower than a squat rack so you wont be picking any kind of heavy ass weight up from that position but it'll do. most other things can be achieved with just a barbell, dumbbells and weight.
>>
>>36841493
There is any kind of model or specs that I should aim for?

Like I said, Im noob as fuck.
>>
Listen to me bro
I was right where you are right now.
I'll tell you what I did, and then what I'd have done if I had the knowledge I have today.
First things first, I started counting calories. Go to myfitnesspal.com, and you'll figure it out really easy.
Then, I started doing convict conditioning (bodyweight program) but altered the sets to be 5x5 instead of 3x20 or whatever it suggests.
Then I started c25k. Go google it, get the app, get started asap.
Had more than decent progress, BUT I would have gone way further if I knew everything O know now. Here is what I strongly advice you to do:
1. Start counting calories, as above, but pay attention to your macros. Get enough protein in, don't eat processed foods if you can avoid them. Eat good fats from nuts, vegetable oils, whole eggs. Good carbs from whole wheats, oatmeal, vegetables and fruits. Get enough fiber. Eat lean meats, low fat greek yogurt, cottage cheese.
2. Start lifting. I recommend Starting Strength, with the addition of chinups on day B.
This is important because you will get stronger and retain, maybe even gain muscle while losing fat.
3. Start running/biking/swimming. c25k is a good place to start if you got no cardio. Learn about HIIT and start incorporating it into your cardio days. HIIT will make you more explosive, and burn more fat.
4. Start intermittent fasting. Google it.
5. (optional but will work really, really, really well with the others) Join a martial arts gym. If you have no experience, go for boxing, kickboxing, muai thai. If you used to wrestle or have background in any martial art, go train MMA. It will build your confidence, resolve, fighting shape and technique, keep you motivate and even build character.

If there is a gym in your university campus like in mine, go there every monday-wednesday-friday after morning classes before lunch. It's exactly what I do and it works, only need about 30 minutes for SS.

Don't give up. Everyone gives up. Be better than them.
>>
It's going to be hell at first and there like a 95% chance you'll give up in a few weeks. But I wish the best of luck to you. Try to refrain from posting a 2 week progress picture to a hugbox like Reddit. Everyone will congratulate you on your bravery or whatever and you'll stop lifting because your brain will think you've made it when you're not even close to started.
>>
>>36834902
Once you start lifting, you're going to be sore as fuck. The following day will be hurt, but the day after that will be the absolute worst. Get yourself some fish oil tablets, never miss a day with that shit. It reduces pain and helps aid healthy muscle growth. To make it even better, it is also great for the heart.

Also, chew the damn tablet. I can't tell you how many times I've taken a shit and seen the full pill resting in my shit like a nugget of gold in a cave wall. At worst, the oil tastes like canola spray.
>>
>>36841703
Nah, I dont intend t d this because quite franquy, I have almost zero selfsteem. I doubt I will be post selfies of my body anytime soon

All I need now is to choose the right equipaments and work my ass off
>>
>>36841525
I would see if any place you're gonna buy from has a bench set up so you can get a good look at it.

I have a really shitty bench press where the rack holds the weight exactly where my hands naturally wanna pick it up, making me have to pick it up really wide or slightly too narrow then readjust once its in the air, its really annoying and the only bench i've ever used i've had this issue with. I'm also a manlet so my arms are shorter than most so you probably wont have a problem with any random bench you buy, but i'd be safe and try and get one you can see set up.

Also if you plan on doing starting strength, thats fine building a base is important, but don't be scared to throw in some isolation movements like curls, tricep movements etc. at the end of your workouts. They're good for motivation in my opinion even if you don't NEED them right away, nothing better than looking at a pump you get from that isolation stuff and imaging looking like that without a pump in a month or two.

I'd also start looking into your diet and make any changes you need.
>>
>>36841664
OP please read this, follow it, don't stop, and you'll become a much better version of yourself really fast.
Especially since you sound like my old self here >>36841758

Pic semi-related
>>
>>36842094
Thanks bruv
It seems that /fit/ is much more welcoming to newcomers than the other boards said yoiu guys are.

I think I will just absorve the info on this thread, read some other sources, and in a few weeks, make another thread with the equipaments that will be brought so you guys can give me inputs on what I choose right or wrong.
>>
>>36842130
Good luck anon.
However, I still stand by what I said about the university gym. In all probability you have one. Go work out there, keep the money for healthy food instead of equipement you can find there.
>>
>>36842184
Nope. Unis in Brazil really dont have them.

Some of them have when they compete at the national level, but mine is not one of them.
>>
>>36842208
Ah, that sucks. Brazil has a lot of great fighting gyms though, check out some that are close to your area martial arts help a great deal with self-confidence.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.