[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ameriburger here. Joining the Navy soon. Getting in shape for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Ameriburger here. Joining the Navy soon. Getting in shape for preparation.

Doing situps, pushups, squats, and lifting. And of course running.

Is there anything else I should add to my routine? Anyone know what PT actually consists of when I hit basic?
>>
>>36833249
PT consists of running, push-ups, running, sit-ups and running. Maybe a few pullups.
>>
File: IMG_20150725_133325.jpg (67 KB, 638x638) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150725_133325.jpg
67 KB, 638x638
>Navy recruit training consists of
Not a whole lot
>>
>>36833249
I can't speak for Navy, but Army PT has devolved into crossfit.
>>
Look up the navy PFT.
Do that.
>>
>>36833249
For the SEALs or aircraft carrier janitor technician
>>
>>36833330
>devolved
Crossfit is by definition the best thing for army fitness. And you don't have some retard forcing you to do snatches for time.
Kb swings, tires, sprints, pullup/push-up/ab circuits and water can carries are goat for army fitness.
>>
>>36833403
I just came from 25th where they do that stuff. Body weight circuits are great, but I've seen a lot of stupid shit done.
>>
>>36833403
>by definition
>>
>>36833447
>what is cross platform training
>what is sports/endurance training
>what is oly lifts combined with bodyweight exercises for maximum athleticism
Size is the opposite of what you want in the military.
>>
>>36833249
Unless you plan going SF, pt for recruits is a joke. Either hope you can operate under 4 hours of sleep
>>
run faster little soldier
jump higher
die sooner
>>
>>36833512
There is only one SF and it's in the army you faggot.
>>
>>36833527
>implying people in the Navy fight
Also soldiers are only in the army. Navy are called sailors or seamen you liberal fuck.
>>
>>36833249
>Get rally good at chugging monster drinks and consuming fiery hot cheetos while sitting in front of a CRT screen for 12 hours at a time for nine months.
>don't sleep more than 4 hours at a time
>repeat.
>>
>>36833528
I thin he means special operations warfare
>>
>>36833249
You'll be fine. The program they use is meant to include people that are completely out of shape. Basic was mostly a joke when I went in, and I heard it got easier after I finished.

Just do what you're told and keep your mouth shut, and you'll do great.
>>
>>36833571
This.
>>
>>36833249
I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet but how about doing some swimming
>>
>>36833589
I can't swim.
>>
>>36833634
Learn how, it's like riding a bike.
>>
>>36833634
you're joining the navy? on water? and you can't swim?
are you really qualified?
>>
>>36833634
Lol'd even though I can't swim either
>>
>>36833634
Everyone EVERYONE can swim. Especially in the navy, it isn't even swimming it's just quite literally not drowning.
Navy training is about as intense as a hippie drum circle.
OP is going to do fine; just have to wake up, show up, and instead of putting forth an effort put 1/4th an effort.
>>
>>36833687
There was a guy in my division that couldn't blow bubbles without choking, let alone swim. He made it through anyway. He wasn't the only one that couldn't swim either.
>>
>>36833728
Fucking kek shipmate
>>
File: im-glad-its-over.jpg (28 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
im-glad-its-over.jpg
28 KB, 300x375
>>36833384
>>36833512
>>36833555

Mein shipmates
>>
>>36833249
Idk about anyone else but once I got to the fleet (FDNF) in Japan; all PT relied on yourself. My command was too busy to enforce mandatory PT. Unlike stateside ships.... we worked
>>
>>36833634
little tip about swimming. Humans are buoyant.
>>
Never be first never be last don't volunteer for anything.
>>
>>36833249
>look up prt/pfa standards for ur age group and gender
>do that many push ups, sit ups, and run under that time.
>do this until ship date
The pt is that easy. What u really have to train for is swimming, prone floating for 5 mins, learning RTC's Chain of Command, ur general orders, and shooting (because u don't want to be the only faggot w/o a ribbon)
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.