[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: k.jpg (10 KB, 168x250) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
10 KB, 168x250
Hey, I'm 18 and i'm quite new in the gym and my blood pressure and heart rate is quite high, so i was wodering if drinking protein shakes will have any effect on the heart? Will it do any harm to it? I'm not overweight, the heart problems may be because of alcohol..
>>
>>36829594
>Working out makes your heart rate go high
Woah
>>
>>36829594

What is your resting Heart rate and blood pressure.
Have you tested them during exercise?

Alcoholism is obviously not going to work well with exercise.

Protein shakes won't, learn to understand what you're consuming, or want to consume, underage cuckold.
>>
The heart rate has been high longer than i've been to the gym, so it's not the cause...
I just need to know if protein shakes will damage the heart more or not?
>>
protein shakes are like marijuana and will cause permanent memory loss later in life, make sure to buy high sugar pre packaged shakes as the sugar is more important for building muscle than protein
>>
>>36830123
Lol wut

Latest research into strength and hypertrophy show protein as being both necessary and useful for strength and growth.
>>
>>36829594
If you are having heart problems because of alcohol at your age you better quit while you are ahead.

protein shouldn't affect your heart. Honestly if you care about being fit you shouldn't be getting shitfaced at all.
>>
>>36829594
>18
>already a fucking alcoholic

wtf is wrong with you nigga
>>
>>36830140
no no you have bad sources you would think that but the sugar actually allows the body to build protein, it mostly goes into the slow twitch fibers, make sure to go really light for maximum burning sensation as it is the only indicator of muscle growth
>>
>>36829594
Protein shakes contain whey. More specifically.. whey CONCENTRATE in most cases. This concentrated form of whey can clock your heart up with too much protein.

Try some activated almonds instead.
>>
the only way to balance the levels of cortisol(a horomone that breaks down muscle), you need at least half a cup of kale in every one of your shakes.
>>
>>36829594
Had the same situation as you, high blood pressure from drinking. Stop drinking. Right now. Today. If you dont do that all of your training will be pointless. Ive gone back and forth off that train and let me tell you its a waste of your time. Seriously stop fucking drinking alcohol, or if you do a beer 2 times a week with lunch or dinner. Also protein will do no harm to you.
>>
I wasn't talking about serious alcoholism, more like weekend partying and stuff like that. I'm not even sure if it's from alcohol, it was just a guess.. But thanks everyone for answering!
>>
Only if you consume fewer than 12 SCOOPS CMON
>>
>>36830077
Protein shakes won't do shit to your heart. Literally completely unrelated.

Talk to your doc about your heart though. You're too young for that shit.
>>
>>36829594

19 high blood pressure/high resting bpm here. Don't drink, don't smoke, workout 6 days a week.

We have bad genetics. There's no cure desu senpai
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.