[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Knee pain from squatting, but not when squatting? Squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 275x183
>Knee pain from squatting, but not when squatting?
Squat 3,5 times a week. Pain in center of the knee. Only occures in certain position. Using knee sleeve haven't cured it either.
>>
>Using knee sleeve haven't cured it either

you mean hasn't
>>
>>36829471
Squat ass to grass with decent form too.
>>
>>36829471
push your chest forward i was having the same problem
>>
>>36829471
you form is probally off

do you lean to far forward when you squat? i have this shit also.
>>
>>36829471
Hows your form? Are you leaning too far forward on your feet? You need to make sure your heels flat and heavy on the ground at all times...

Also you should probably stop squatting 3-5 times a week. 5 Times a week is excessive. And 3 times a week is too much if you are experiencing knee problems.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 1252x1252
>>36829503
English isn't my first language.
>>
>>36829528
>>36829530
>>36829548
Form is decent. I don't ego lift.
>>
>>36829471
Post vid of your form, had a guy tell me he squats ass to grass and then all I saw him do was a good morning 3 inches away from parallel.

What percentages do you use for your 5 day squats.

>>36829548
Oly People squat 6 times a week at bigger weight than most of fit can lift in my gym it's a form problem most likely rather than frequency of squats.
>>
>>36829606
5x5 with 90kg
>>
>>36829576
Could just be "one of those things" then.

As long as it's not painful during lifts then it's probably no big deal. I'd take some joint support supplements though. They're usually cheap as fuck.

Couldn't hurt to take some kind anti-inflammatory for a couple of weeks too to see if it helps.
>>
>>36829645
You do 5x5 90kg 5 times a week?
>>
>>36829650
Believe so. Probably should take a week of, but I don't feel like...
>>
>>36829653
3 to 4 times a week with a 2,5 kg increase.
>>
>>36829606
Oly lifters don't tend to post very vague injury questions on /fit/ though. So I just assumed he's not lol.
>>
>>36829678
Too much volume for 4 times a week with increase as well.
Change it to 3x5 and once you're done with milking that progress deload by 15% milk that some more and move on to Texas method.

Good luck lad.
>>
>>36829686
I meant as in they train oly lifts in my gym they're all average joes not talking about Klokov and people with professional coaching.
>>
>>36829686
Started strength training 37 days ago. Know the lifts from doing a broslit in my teens. Got 3 free training with a personal trainer, who checked over my lifts.
>>
>>36829708
Yeah you're right. I forget about those guys sometimes.

Good thing he ISN'T Klokov though. I'd surely have pissed him off by now.
>>
>>36829678
jesus fuck OP. I lift twice more than twice as much with no pain. your form is shit, and being a 90kg squatter, you don't know shit, so post vid of form and don't tell us it's perfect, because it is horrendous.
>>
>>36829471

Hows your hamstring work? Hows your mobilty. Might want to look into both.

Leg curls
RDLs

sissy squats/lunges maybe

http://www.allthingsgym.com/dmitry-klokov-warm-up-routine/
>>
>>36829730
But I have no friends to record :-(
>>
Niiiiigguh i know this feel.
>no pain when squating
>no pain when running
>IMMENSE pain when walking down stairs and when doing neck bridges

Holy fark it's bad. Apparently it can be caused by tight quads, but even when i stretch a lot the pain still occurs.
One time after getting off of a long distance bus from france to spain my knee completely seized. It was fuuuucked. I had to get a cab to the backpackers
>>
>>36829757
1x5 deadlift after squat every other workout
>>
>>36829776
Pretty accurate except not an intense pain. Probably will get it if I don't take a rest week.
>>
>>36829762
so? neither do i at the gym, just prop your phone up against a wall.
>>
>>36831139
Maybe I'll try that once just for the hell of it.
>>
>>36829471
foam roll muscles around the joint above and below the painful joint. pay special attention to improving hip and ankle mobility. do both sides.
>>
>>36829471
stretch the shit out of your le hammies and hips a few times a day
>>
Next time you squat, try putting most of the weight on your heels. I hade the same problem and found out I'd been too much on my toes which fucked up my patellar tendon
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.