[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does intimidation work anymore? Or does the general pop believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1080
Does intimidation work anymore? Or does the general pop believe they're bullet proof like their superheroes in the movies?

I ask because some random bum on the street picked a fight with me when I gave him every reason not to, and he still went at me. Somehow I doubt the mace I sprayed in his eyes was enough to prevent him going after other people in the future.
>>
People have a very low threshold for what 'advantage' will make them feel invincible. I've known little 100 lb girls who feel they don't have to fear anyone just because they carry pepper stray in their purse.
>>
>>36828274

They don't think they are superheroes. They just don't give a shit or don't fully grasp the potential consequences of their actions.

Get a little MMA training under your belt and try to avoid a fight if possible, but when it comes to being out and about in the world everyone gets their number pulled by somebody eventually.

If you aren't confident in your ability to defend yourself or diffuse a situation you should arm yourself with the knowledge and training you need.

Or next time you can get punked and look like a total bitch in front of your gf.
>>
>>36828274
Why use mace, are you a woman? Or did he have a weapon?
>>
>>36828274

People live in a fantasy when it comes to strength. When I started, I just assumed I could squat 2pl8 and literally folded up like an accordion on rep one.

There's a base assumption that they can magically fight well without training, just like they could shoot a gun accurately without training.
>>
>>36828274
Random bums that get hostile are usually high, or desperate and trying to get high.

Easy trick is to say "M8, cops are right over there, this is not a good idea"
The idea of being locked up and put through a detox program is usually enough to make them stop and look around for a few seconds.
>>
>used mace
sounds like the bum would have taken you. He sized your pansy ass up properly.
>>
>>36830169
They do tend to hang onto screwdrivers and shit though
>>
Why is that bear wearing wig?
>>
>>36830220
Came here to post this
>>
>>36830220
camouflage
>>
>>36828274
I've been lifting for about 1.5 years, 165 pounds and even I intimidate about 90 percent of dudes in the general public. About 9 percent think it's a toss up and 1 percent could still clearly beat my ass. I figure when I hit 2/3/4/5 being intimidated by another man will be a rare event.

Of course like you said OP there are people that are a little nuts but it is up to us to bring them back down to reality. Being strong as hell helps in that.
>>
File: 1460538902906.jpg (5 KB, 236x330) Image search: [Google]
1460538902906.jpg
5 KB, 236x330
>>36828274
Old dude here.

It works, but not nearly to the same extent it used to and this is why.

People are stupid, especially when they get fired up. Back in the day you had to be really careful about who you fucked with because you'd never know who could potentially wreck your shit in an instant. Respect meant something. People can still ruin your life is a single serious engagement but everyone self perception is so out of alignment with reality it makes little to no difference because they're not weighing in the consequences with their actions. Prime example? Fucking millennials.

Word of advice - get your stare game right. Start with a mirror, and practice on acquaintances or friends. They're less likely to see it as threatening but they won't hold eye contact.

You've also got to know when NOT to stare too. If someone is sizing you up by staring and you notice it in your peripherals, there's you chance. If it's just a passing glance don't be that autistic fuck who stares at people for no reason.

Book of Five Rings. Look it up.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.