[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need protips how to improve my bench. Benching 3 times a week
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1414868164440.jpg (208 KB, 960x568) Image search: [Google]
1414868164440.jpg
208 KB, 960x568
I need protips how to improve my bench. Benching 3 times a week 3x3 with my maximum working weight will do something?
>>
This is a very basic beginners question you know
>>
Gomad + ss
>>
spoto press is p gud
>>
>will benching more increase my bench
>>
>>36826034
try lower the load and more reps on other days.
>>
>>36826034
GLLB
>>
GLLB
>>
>>36826037
You're very basic.
>>
>>36826034

More technique work.

More upper body volume (not just benching/other presses and tricep/shoulder/chest assistance - you need the back to match).

That solves it in most cases.
>>
>>36826034
If you can't do 15 reps of a weight you shouldn't be going up in weight. Try 3x12-15 for a few weeks and really focus on form.
>>
>>36826110
>15 reps of a weight
you mean body weight?
>>
>>36826034
bench is mostly genetic like vertical jump;sure you can make it a bit more efficient, but some guys bench 1plate from day one and some can hardly handle the bar. nothing to be done about it bro
>>
>>36826149
No I mean the max weight you can do 15 reps of. Then go up until you can do 12 or 13. Focus more on the feeling you get as opposed to the weight you're lifting
>>
>>36826034
>GLLB

GOOD LUCK LIFTING BATMAN
>>
>>36826250
This is broscience from my dads era. Shit advice.
>>
eat more
push harder
also dips
>>
>>36826250
Thats dumb
>>
>>36826287
>>36826296
And yet there yall are still struggling to make it, huh. Obviously your regime is too elite to post, hmm?
>>
>>36826034
bench more often (which you want to), start periodizing, identify small/weak muscles in your upper body that hold you back and do extra exercises for them
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.