[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does lifting build mental discipline?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1448293475151.jpg (92 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1448293475151.jpg
92 KB, 600x600
Does lifting build mental discipline?
>>
>>36825296
patience
>>
yeah but only as long as it takes 5 reps max
>>
>>36825296
no. I lift for fun because exercise is very mentally and physical stimulating. It's no more discapline building than climbing ranks in League of Legends or mythic raiding in WoW. Just more socially acceptable.
>>
Yeah.

I went into a university to enroll and I couldn't find where to go, so I got mad and left and sat outside thinking "fuck this uni shit brah". Then I was about to leave I thought, "hol up, if this was the gym and I failed a set I wouldn't just walk out of the gym and never go back".

That motivated me to go back into the university and I eventually found where I had to go to enroll.

If I hadn't started lifting I would have pussied out and never gone back.
>>
>>36825301
>implying
Half of fucking /fit/ is on the juice
>>
>>36825296
Yeah, especially if you don't like it. You learn to stick with something even if it's difficult or painful or unpleasant because you have a long term goal in mind, and then you might even find something to like in it.
>>
>>36825327
what about the other half?
>>
>>36825336
Half of the remaining half got too fat on GOMAD
Half the remaining half of the previously remaining half are currently suffering an injury due to bad form.
The rest is a hodge podge of people who've made it, and people who literally don't lift.
>>
>>36825336
They're dyel
>>
File: [worry].jpg (36 KB, 476x558) Image search: [Google]
[worry].jpg
36 KB, 476x558
>>36825351
>>36825361
dear god
[spoiler]why?![/spoiler]
>>
>>36825308
op didn't ask if you thought lifting was fun faggot. I can tell you're also new
>>
>>36825308
>tips fedora
>>
>>36825371
not that guy, but jesus fucking Christ, he didn't even imply that OP asked if it was fun. He was using the fact, he thinks it's fun, to explain why it cannot possibly be used to build mental discipline, and though I disagree with him to some extent, none the less, you're the retard who lacks reading comprehension, not him. He might be new, but you're mentally retarded.
>>
>>36825296
I don't see why not, if it's hard, difficult, and you stick with a regime, sure, especially those days you're still sore but have to stick to your work out plan.

Personally though, I think nothing screams mental toughness like cardio training, which is why spec ops guys focus on rigorous cardio so much.
>>
>>36825319
You just inspired me to go to college, thank you blessed anon.
>>
>>36825336
Kids who lurk for the memes
>>
>>36825296
Discipline reenforces discipline. If you are disciplined in your lifting you will be able to apply that to other areas of your life.
>>
>>36825296
Only regarding lifting
>>
>>36825296
No it does not.
>>
File: feelemblem.png (26 KB, 660x800) Image search: [Google]
feelemblem.png
26 KB, 660x800
>>36825319
damn i never looked at life that way
>>
>>36825296
Lifting gave me confidence and mental discipline for about a year and a half until I realised I was nowhere near big enough at which point I became impatient and insecure and started taking roids
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.