[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My chest isn't developing well. Is this a genetics thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 540x408) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 540x408
My chest isn't developing well. Is this a genetics thing or should I just keep working out my chest? As you can see in the picture, the side does ( instead of )
Will time fix this?
>>
you've been benching incorrectly, read the sticky
>>
>>36825228
Looks to me like you're not actually using your chest when you bench or for any chest exercise for that matter. Common misconception for new lifters to think benchpress is an arm exercise when it's really mainly a chest movement.
>>
>>36825235
No, I've been benching properly. I make sure to have proper form - I do it controlled
>>
>>36825262
How would this be fixed? Should I just try and focus on chest movements and flex it and I go up?
>>
>>36825275
Wider grip start lower weights leave your ego at the door, fly's feel the stretch across your chest and bring it back as a slow movement. Dumbbell go deeper and wider and come in at the very top of the exercise, go back and bring down deep rinse, repeat,
>>
>>36825228
Had the same problem. My chest is well behind my other body parts. Working on bringing it up, lower the weight and concentrate on getting a squeeze in your chest.

Of course you should keep working out your chest.
>>
>>36825228
the 'sides' are your lats.
>>
>>36825802
The side of the chest.
>>
Try using more of a bodybuilding style of bench press, where you use a narrower grip, and making use of the eccentric part of the exercise (don't just drop the weight on your chest), right before your the barbell hits your chest stop the bar and let it stretch for a short time, then push it up whilst squeezing your chest, and remember to not fully lock out at the top; always keep your time under tension high.

You're not going to be able to use anywhere near the same amount of weight as you're using now, but it's much better for hypertrophy.
>>
>>36825262
> Common misconception for new lifters to think benchpress is an arm exercise

What the fuck are you even saying
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.