[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Yo /fit/, I'm "chubby" (you'd call me fat),
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: tfw fat.gif (15 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
tfw fat.gif
15 KB, 633x758
Yo /fit/, I'm "chubby" (you'd call me fat), and I want to get fit. Everytime I start working out I lose drive, and I lose motivation. What do I do? I want to change myself for the better, but I need the push. I have few friends, and the friends I do have use me. I want to make a positive change. Help me out, I'd hate to be that faggot who expects the internet to help him, but I have nobody really else to turn to. Help a brother out.
>>
File: 1459402688093.jpg (138 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1459402688093.jpg
138 KB, 495x700
Read the sticky for nutrition and weight loss information. As for motivation it's all about you. You have to want the change, make the change and KEEP the change.

Here's what motivates me.

Being normal.

I don't want to be normal. I don't want to be a Chad or a normie. I want to be me. And part of being me is fitness. Without it I'm normal. And being normal is the worst thing I could imagine
>>
You gotta want it more.
>>
>>36825286
>I don't want to be normal. I don't want to be a Chad or a normie.

Maximum fedora level reached
>>
>>36825300
How is that fedora level?
>>
How do I combat laziness?
>>
>>36825332
You just do. There's nothing really special.
>>
>>36825209
Motivation is for losers. You have to use discipline or you'll just quit after you lose your so called motivation. End goal is to turn into a routine so your body feels weird if you don't go to the gym every couple of days.

And drop those so called friends. If they're just using you, then they aren't friends. Make some new ones by going out to activities like basket weaving or some shit and talk with the people there. Watch some normal shows so you know what humor normies like. Don't go all autismo on them.
>>
Not OP here, but I have a somewhat related question.

I keep hearing that you can't simultaneously lose weight and gain muscle/strength.

If that's the case, what's an obese person to do? Gain muscle and continue to lose confidence in the mirror, or cut and wait months and months to lift?
>>
>>36825209
You don't. You're human waste and not worth saving. Just do the species a favour and down some bleach.
>>
>>36825209
You're not gonna make it fat fuck. I would motivate you if I had the feeling it could work, but since you said yourself that you keep on quitting I fear there's no hope for you.

Diet, train, sleep and be consisted about it, that's all there is to it. But to me you're just a little fat faggot boy who needs the approval and applause of others to be motivated. You're the result of the "everyone's a winner!" mentality. You're not a winner, you're a loser.

You know what your motivation should be? To proof to me and everyone else that thinks you're just a fat fuck who lacks the willpower, that we're wrong.
>>
>>36825418
Read the fucking sticky. Burning fat and building muscle can be achieved at the same time. There is this trick called "proper dieting", you should google it.
>>
>>36825418
Only really applies to normal people or dudes cutting. What you care about is losing fat, not necessarily weight - lifting will replace a lot of the fat with muscle.
>>
>>36825418
You can lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously, but the faster you lose fat the slower your muscle gains will be. You can help that a little with a creatine and protein, but it will be very slow.

If you're fat enough for it to be a serious and immediate health concern, start cutting and use lifting to keep the muscle you have.

If you're just regular fat, eat and lift. You'll look better as your muscles grow. You can always cut later, but you'll never be able to add muscle as fast as you can right now.
>>
>>36825209

>calls himself chubby eventhough he's fat

You're already making excuses while you haven't even started yet. There's no point in helping you.
>>
>>36825209

Nobody's gonna make you do it other than yourself.

Keep on being a fatty fat fat.
>>
File: 1460704458055.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1460704458055.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>36825209
If you keep quitting your diet/exercising because you lose motivation, then stop using motivation as your reason to diet/exercise. Not everything you do each day is because you're "Motivated" to do it. Don't think of whether or not you want to do stuff, just view it as what the new norm of your life is.
>>
>>36825209
You don't deserve help. Do your research, cultivate some discipline
>>
>>36825209
You need either inner motivation or outer motivation. You clearly don't have inner motivation so just think about all those hot sluts youre totally going to bang after you get jacked.
>>
>>36825621
>implying OP isn't an autist
>>
>good new music that you only get to enjoy at the gym
>save a pic of yourself topless where you looking disgusting and look at it when you wanna quite
>use a treat system
Done 4 solid workouts this week's, go watch a movie with a mate
Done a good workout and pushed yourself hard for a good 40m +, have a masty
>find a gym bro
>didn't go to the gym 4+ times, no weekend sleep in, wake up 8am and do a 2 hour walk somewhere

Hope this helps. It helped me as I used to be 90 kgs and now I'm 78kgs of lean muscle. Took me 3 years but after the first year and I noticed the results it mad motivated me
>>
>>36825209
>Everytime I start working out I lose drive, and I lose motivation.

That's OK, as long as you KEEP FUCKING LIFTING.

Keep it up for a month or two, and it will become a routine.
>>
>>36825209
Find exercises you enjoy and ease into it. Add more exercises and more healthy habits as you start to get accustomed to your new lifestyle. Be patient and consistent. You don't have to implement wholesale lifestyle changes overnight.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.