[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hot Wings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: best-chicken-wings.jpg (154 KB, 620x434) Image search: [Google]
best-chicken-wings.jpg
154 KB, 620x434
Are hot wings bad for you? I love it and it's a food I have all the time but I don't know if I should limit my in take of it. I don't use dressing. I eat it straight like pic related.

Is it the buffalo sauce that's bad? When I was looking at the nutrition facts it had almost nothing
>>
>>36823963
>deep fried chicken swimming in hot sauce

Literally the best thing you can eat
>>
Better than donuts
>>
>>36823977
you know its like half hot sauce and half butter
>>
>>36823977
>deep fried
literally what
>>
>>36824119
You didn't know that wings are fried?
>>
>>36824119
>I don't know how buffalo wings are made

Dude, I love you but you gotta try a little.
>>
>>36824127
>>36824138
I make my own hot wings, never deep fried them once.
>>
>>36824119
they ain't baked in an oven babe
>>
>>36824162
Me too.
>>
>>36824162
That's fine, but you're the outlier.
>>
>>36824162
I bet they'd taste better if you did
>>
>>36824117
This. I am a western NY native. The wings are deep fried (with the skin), then tossed around in a butter and hot sauce mix.

Based on what I described, it's TOTALLY good for you, eat up!
>>
Fuck. Now I want hot wings.
>>
>Not using your GBP on tendies.

Not gonna make it.
>>
>>36824212
How many people own a home deep frier. If you go to a bar yeah they're fried, but if you bake at home they're not. Still have fatty skin and the butter sauce doesn't help, but I do make them once in a while and they fit macros if you're not retarded.
>>
>>36824406
That's cuz that bitch mom can't make em right, don't trigger me.
>>
File: 1425059005712.png (206 KB, 1248x1284) Image search: [Google]
1425059005712.png
206 KB, 1248x1284
>>36824406
I'm out of GBP though anon....
>>
>>36824420
What if I just buy plain drumsticks from the store, cook them in the oven, then dip them in the sauce?
>>
>>36824420
>home deep frier

It's called a pot and oil, dude. But yeah, i agree it's not a big deal if you prepare them right/
>>
at home they are best started in the oven, transferred to a hot pan to crisp, then turn down the heat to mix up a sauce
>>
>>36824456
... that's just chicken and sauce you dipshit. no matter how you cook it, you can't ADD calores to a food. nutrition of chicken+ nutrition of sauce= nutrition of meal. frying is bad because you get the oil in your food, and that shit is wicked dense in calories.
>>
>>36824456
That's what I do. Put them on a cookie sheet and bake. Turn over to the other side and bake again. Then I mix butter and Frank's hot sauce and dunk them. Even baked they are pretty greasy, I can't imagine frying them.

Super tasty but don't have them every week.
>>
>>36823963
i prefer dry spice than sauce
>>
I just recently discovered the glory of making your own wings. Go to Costco and get their big party bags for $2 per lb. You end up paying about $16 for like 70 wings. Wings macros are whatever (dozen wings are like 600 cals) assuming you dont Buffalo sauce em up. Traditional Buffalo sauce is equal parts butter and Franks, which makes them taste great but its a whole lotta added fat and a metric fuckton of salt. I personally like the wings just plain, but its easy to come up with your own homemade /fit/ sauce if youre at all competent.

1. Take your wings out of package, pat them dry, toss with a couple teaspoons of baking soda. This raises the pH of the wangs which helps them blister better, also helps dry them up a bit more.

2. Lay them out on a cooling/cooking rack with a paper towel beneath, leave uncovered in fridge at least overnight. You need to get these wings as dry as possible before you cook them. If you do this step, you can pop them in the oven and they will come out like theyre straight from the fryer. If you skip this, you will have somewhat soggy wings that are still good but will look more obviously homemade.

3. Take wings from fridge and pat dry one more time. Arrange the wings on the cooking rack with a pan below to catch any drippings. Feel free to crowd as much as possible on one pan.

4. Cook the wings at 450F near the top oven rack slot. Go about 20 min on one side, take them out, and flip. About 20 min on the other side should be good (depending on how crowded your pan is). Really, just go til those wings look good to you. And they will look good if you let them cook. You want em BROWN. Or even orangeish looking. They will be crispy and delicious as hell.

I make these all the time now whenever theres a party at our house. It's a bit of prep time (you really gotta let them rest overnight), but its pretty easy and a lot less money than buying out and effort compared to trying to deep fry
>>
>>36824726
Exactly what I do senpai. Better stop eating them as much as I do though.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.