[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
soylent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: muscle.png (239 KB, 666x666) Image search: [Google]
muscle.png
239 KB, 666x666
is soylent a good option for a lazy fatty who can't cook?
anyone use it here?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(drink)#Drink_Version_.282.0.29
>>
It's incredibly expensive if you're trying to gain weight (1$=165 calories) and if you're trying to cut you won't reach your daily macro needs because they're based around a 2000 calories/day diet. I think only proteins would be a serious issue though.

Good if you can afford it.
>>
>>36823623
well i already spend a lot per day on shit food, doubt i am getting any nutrients from it and not a lot of protein either
>1$=165 calories
so around 10-15 dollars a day, not that bad i guess
>>
File: IMG_20160312_154331.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160312_154331.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
Been drinking it since October. I don't really have the time or energy to cook. Lifts are doing fine and I'm not dead yet.

I actually undershot the amount I needed this month and I had to eat realfood for a week and I realized how convenient my life was with Soylent, actually. AMA if you want.
>>
>>36823536
Green is my favorite
>>
>>36823682
have you been drinking only soylent?
noticed any changes or stomach issues?
how many do you drink a day?
>>
>>36823536
OP here, just found out they only ship to murica/canada
guess i will have to find some other soylent or go DIY
>>
File: 1369528770389.jpg (108 KB, 594x476) Image search: [Google]
1369528770389.jpg
108 KB, 594x476
>>36823726
I've been drinking 1 bottle of Soylent for breakfast and 2 for lunch, then free dinner for overtime work every weekday. Friday dinner I'll Soylent x5 bottles the whole day. On weekends I do Soylent for every meal unless someone asks me to get lunch or dinner (not often kek), so 5 or 6 bottleson each day depending on how hungry i am.

At first I had a lot of diarrhea because I went from solid food to almost entirely Soylent, this was when before overtime frenzy kicked in starting December so I was doing x5-6 bottles daily. It took me maybe a few weeks for the diarrhea to go away and now I shit frequently and its all solid.
>>
>>36823536
>It's made of people!
>>
Look up DIY soylent.

There are some recipes for essentially doing the same thing. Huel is also great if you live outside the U.S/Canada.

I haven't started it yet, but I'm considering this to cut.
>>
>>36823777
>trips
noice
and glad its working for you, shame i can't get the new 2.0 soylent in aus
>>
>>36823536
>lazy fatty who can't cook?
If you're having a rough time with calorie counting, it's not a bad place to start. I have 3 boxes of 1.5 (powder form) and made a lot of different shakes with it. I generally felt better and lost about 30lbs while getting myself used to eating a much smaller amount. But I love cooking too much, and I'm pretty good at it, so I just take Soylent for lunch. Mix it up with a little honey and peanut butter powder, and you're set. It's not bad unflavored but it tastes a lot like unsweetened pancake batter. I kind of like it. Haven't tried out liquid Soylent yet, but that might be a bit different.
>>
>>36823787
Patrician here
>>
I make a DIY recipe. Really convenient. You can set your macros and total calories to whatever you want for bulk or cut.

It takes about 5 minutes to mix up the powders for a couple days' worth of product. then when you want to eat it takes 5 minutes to mix up a shake.

I always had trouble gaining because I have a small appetite, and DIY soylent was the only way I've broken through and am making good, normal gains for the last 6 months.
>>
>>36825337
Recipe/source?
>>
>>36825687
>>36825337
This please, only interested in soylent as it's supposed to have all your micronutrients, goat multivits.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.