[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>there are currently people on /fit/ that are afraid of bread Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Italian_bread_500.jpg (15 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
Italian_bread_500.jpg
15 KB, 500x302
>there are currently people on /fit/ that are afraid of bread

Why?
>>
Gluten makes my tummy upset. :(
>>
I like bread but I don't defend it. However, everyone here eats white rice, how is white rice better than whole grain bread with 5 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber for 110 calories?
>>
>>36822862
The carbs are more complex

White flour is basically sugar. In fact, if you put a cracker on your tongue and leave it there, it'll start to taste sweet, as the enzymes in your saliva begin the process of breaking it down

Personally, I prefer brown rice, though that's mostly due to the taste
>>
Ezekiel 4:9 bread is 10/10 and has a lower glycemic index than oats.
>>
>>36822877
But whole grain bread doesn't use white flour... Or did the Jews trick me again?
>>
>>36822836
It really fucks my shit up. Pb and js, turkey sandwiches, fucking bagels idk what it is about bread but I feel like a total slob, depressed just eating half a sandwich.
>but muh whole grain
Give a fuck it still tastes like shit and has bare minimum nutritional value. Its like getting lite ranch over the real thing doesn't matter shits still not good for you.
>>
>>36822877
>f you put a cracker on your tongue and leave it there, it'll start to taste sweet

I call bullshit.
>>
>>36822909
Most "whole grain" bread does use white flour

You COULD shell out the money for shit like Ezekiel bread. I just don't like the taste; too sweet. If I'm eating bread, I want white, rye, sourdough, etc. And since I'm cutting, I just avoid it altogether

It's like ice cream. I'm sure you could find some "healthy" ice cream that tastes like garbage, but it's easier and more satisfying to just abstain until you're bulking
>>
>>36822932
Hes kinda no bullshitting I eat crackers like this everytime and it gets a bit sweet.
>>
>>36822932

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100618052403AAoPR9d

I remember it was a thing my high school bio teacher showed us, though he did say that it was probably more noticeable like 70 years ago when people weren't as desensitized to sugar
>>
>>36822877
I didnt know sugar had 8-12 grams of protein
>>
>>36822877
>he fell for the complex carbs meme
>>
i was molested by my father with a baguette when i was 9. i'm afraid of bread ever since,.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.