[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dad takes 4-year-old son rollerblading, 540 km to Beijing, to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11
File: rollerbladetrip.png (125 KB, 640x334) Image search: [Google]
rollerbladetrip.png
125 KB, 640x334
Life ain't easy. To teach his son this valuable lesson, one father decided to try something a bit extreme.

Last month, while his wife was away in her hometown, a 39-year-old truck driver surnamed Zhang took son on a journey from their home in Puyang city, Henan to Beijing -- on rollerblades.

Each day, the two started at 8 a.m. and skated their way down the China National Highway 106.

Once every hour, they would rest a bit for some food and water and eventually find some accommodation before dark, Every time they reached a new town, Zhang would take a picture of his son with the highway signs. When they finally made it to Beijing, he had snapped more than 600 pictures all together.

When asked about the hardship they encountered on their journey, Zhang said that the worst part was the windy weather and rugged road surface. "Even though my son was in tears several times, he never gave up. That was the purpose of the journey, to train him to persevere."

After 14 days, father and son arrived in Beijing on April 4th. As a reward for having come this far, Zhang treated his son to visits to many Beijing tourist spots. Gee whiz! Thanks dad!

"Life is just like taking a walk down a road, sometimes it's smooth, but sometimes it gets bumpy," Zhang said. "I hope that this experience will leave a deep impression on my son as he grows up."
While many netizens thought that the father was a maniac, some agreed with his form of "parenting":

"Kids nowadays are spoiled. I agree with the way this father trains his kid. Eating bitterness when they are young will help boys to grow into strong men. Good job!" wrote one netizen.

"The traffic on the highway is heavy, it's too dangerous to rollerblade on. I agree with his concept, but this is not something that people should learn from," commented another.

Rather than rollerblade back home, Zhang decided the high-speed train instead. They ended up spending 3,000 yuan on the journey of a lifetime. Hopefully, lesson learned.
>>
what the fuck are you doing you stupid faggot
>>
>>36822622
First reply is best reply
>>
More pics... if you care:
http://shanghaiist.com/2016/04/15/roller_blade_education.php
>>
The rollerblading part is confusing but all fathers should be like this. Tough but loving and selfless teachers.

Remember that scene in big daddy? Adam Sandler is with the orphan and is teaching the child how important fathers are and points to some goth Fedora tipping faggot walking and yells something like "hey kid hows your dad" and the kid walks away mumbling "I hate my dad"

Bad summary but it taught me a lot as an 8 year old. 16 some years later it still holds true.
>>
My neighbors had this rottweiler that was a fuckin maniac. When I was around six my dad would always point out how wild the dog was and would tell me that he was gonna have to kill it one day.

That day came almost two years later when it broke through our fence. When me and my dad went out to the backyard it charged right at us. As quickly as it came at us my dad went right for it. He put his arm out and let the dog grab it than proceeded to slam it and bash its head in with his hand breaking three knuckles doing so. It was insane.

Wasn't a direct "lesson" but to see a man charge an animal with zero hesitation like that taught me a lot of what it means to be a man
>>
>>36822848
aren't you supposed to protect your neck and stomp/kick dogs when they attack like that?
>>
>>36822878
I guess that's a tactic but I assume an animal attack is just like being in a fight, you don't really have time to think you just kind of act on instinct alone
>>
>>36822848
your dad sounds like a badass, you're lucky to have a father like that
>>
>>36822878
If it bites your leg, or you kick and trips with all that adrenaline because you're not a trained MMA fighter, it can take you down to the ground, while you're instinctively trying to get up, then it can easily bit your neck.

The father took a realistic course of action given the small amount of time to think. Hope your father killed the dog and sued and won.
>>
>>36822896
I guess. My dad always told me if a dog attacks to fucking kick it as hard as possible
>>
the most efficient and deadly way to kill a dog if its charging you and you legitimately fear for your life is to grab its front legs as it pounces and rip them outwards, itll split the dogs chest open and kill it immediately. learned this in judo a handful of years ago and cannot get over the brutality of it, i dont think i would be able to do it
>>
>>36822748
This is 100% true, I got divorced over the way my wife and I disagreed on raising our children. I was raised without a father, no guidance, no help, no advice, no teaching. I was an edgy fucking beta loser for so many years, having had my mothers social justice programming bullshit, her and the T.V. raised me.

And I'll be damned if my son's go through that bullshit. I'm raising my kids now, hard work being a single father, but I am fair, and I discipline them, and teach them accordingly.
>>
>>36822878

no, for dogs, you have to control the head, nothing else matters. they're teeth aren't that sharp, youll get tore up but once they bite on, you can easily kill it or beat it into submission.

people are scared of dogs but they're really only pointy at one end, neutralize it and your good
>>
>>36822990
You're not fit to live, hope the dog kills you with it's mandible across your neck, while you fade away into nothingness thinking to yourself "at least I didn't kill this righteous ani...."
>>
>>36822948
The dog survived for a few hours but was put down due to injuries. He didn't sue (he thinks suing is for pussies) but my neighbor was threatening to shoot my dad for killing his dog which by my mothers account he told my neighbor he would have no problem "putting down two dogs in one week" but my mom likes to hype shit up so who knows what he said
>>
>>36822848
Hope it doesn't ever happen again. I love dogs.

But if some maniac shit tier totally out of control dog is going to attack you:

Your best move is to use a jacket or even your own shirt - take it off and hold it out with both arms out stretched.

Dogs are stupid and just want to bite anything that is YOU.

So hopefully this dumb animal bites the shirt or jacket you are holding away from your body...

They usually bite it and then pull... let it.. then all you gotta do is lift up and start kicking the fucker till it's had enough.
Works really well against stupid pitbulls with that juiced up lock jaw of death.
>>
File: 1451068993505.gif (2 MB, 260x229) Image search: [Google]
1451068993505.gif
2 MB, 260x229
>this thread.
>>
>>36823009
looks like we got a tough guy, i bet you eat meat too you faggot
>>
>>36822612
Isn't that bad for your organs to withstand that much shock?

This dude is a truck driver - doesn't he know that even truck drivers have super comfortable shock absorbing seats nowadays because so many truck drivers started having kidney and other organ failure after years of vibrations from driving?

Kids are resilient but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some kind of organ damage. I hope he's fine.
>>
>>36823027
LOL, if only you knew, I'm a vegetarian, but I do it for the health benefits, I could give a shit about some fucking dog intent on killing me.
>>
>>36823029
Holy shit... Excuse me for going all Tumblr, but I hope you fucking die. It was a once in a life time trip idiot. It's people like you, who would have this fucking man in jail here in the USA for doing that.
>>
>>36823029
You're the kind of pussy the dad was trying to avoid having his son be
>>
>>36823011
I'd kill someone who threatened to kill me, gotta do it before they do.
>>
>>36823068
this, tbqh
>>
I learned how to swim by my dad throwing me in a pool repeatedly

I think he was just sadistic tho
>>
Rollerblading is pretty gay tbqh tho
>>
>>36822991
>T.V. raised me

This is what my nephew is going to turn into...his dad, my brother was just constantly busy running his business.
His wife was a useless twat.

The boy literally grew up in front of the TV. Never disciplined over anything he done wrong, turned into a real asshole during his teens and now hes been busted with possession twice. Steals stuff all the time.. laundry list of constant fuck ups and laziness.

I dont have any relationship with the asshole because he is a "know it all." I think hes borderline aspie. Went from getting Straight A's.. to losing his virgin card to one so so piece of ass and now hes just a turd. Doesnt even have a car.. his bitch drives him every where. No Job... When she gets sick of his bullshit.. things are going to get worst.. you know how losing your first gf goes... well some of you do.
>>
what would you fellow netizens think if I took my wife's son out to do this
>>
>>36822991
> I got divorced over the way my wife and I disagreed on raising our children
I don't understand how this isn't something you discussed before getting married, never the less having kids.
sounds like you have MAJOR communication issues and pre existing mental issues you should have worked out BEFORE becoming a "father". I bet you think you're the "sane" and "right" parent too, pathetic. i pity your child
>>
>>36823109
He will quit by mile marker 25.
>>
>>36823029
>organ damage
of all the goddamn things to take issue with, and all the potential health risks, that is what you choose to reply to? how stupid are you? the kid gets more "organ damage" breathing in the daily chinese smog
>>
>>36822612

a 4 year old ain't gonna remember that shit. He should have waited until he was like 10-13
>>
>>36823055
>>36823068
>>36823077
You fags need to chill the fuck out.

>it was a once in a life time trip idiot
It was an extreme activity for a 4 year old that lasted 14 days you cherry picking retard. Go drink bleach for one day, please.

This isn't a SJW issue - this is a biological issue. He risked his sons health to teach him a lesson that could have been easily taught other ways. Like by watching Big Daddy as the other fag said, or many other ways. You really think it's so hard to teach someone that life isn't easy? Really?

This was an overly extreme measure for a simple lesson in life, but why the fuck would I think any of you lonely, "all women are whores, why won't they love me?" would have any reasonable logic. I'll be surprised enough if any of you even had gf's.

Keep parroting your meme buzzwords at me because you can't form your own thoughts, though.
>>
>>36822612
>39 yo truck driver
damn, he looks like 55 if not 60
>>
>>36822612
Sounds pretty awesome. Not for everyone but I would've been down if my father pushed something like that. I would've been down if my father wasn't a good for nothing drunk as well, but that's for another time.
>>
>>36823153
What other things are there to take issue with?

You sound like a bitch by the way. I bet you're really passive aggressive in real life.
>>
>>36822612
That's pretty tough.
The closest experience I ever had was the two week I spent a couple of years back hiking on the Appalachian trail
>>
File: varg gif.gif (1 MB, 200x160) Image search: [Google]
varg gif.gif
1 MB, 200x160
>>36823071
>>
>>36823213
I don't see the issue, especially considering the father stopped every hour to allow his son to rest, in addition to avoiding traveling at night.

Perhaps you can explain to me the exact biological consequences the father's decision can have on the son.
>>
File: argument.jpg (65 KB, 500x380) Image search: [Google]
argument.jpg
65 KB, 500x380
>>36823213
You're legitimately retarded

There are people who run 10 miles a day

There are people who go into the wilderness for months and cross mountains

There are people who do intense physical activity every day, and are totally fine

And then theres you, a pussy ass bitch who thinks that rollerblading for 14 days is extremely dangerous that the father should be stoned

You missed the entire point of the trip and the lesson the father was trying to teach
> instead of doing something difficult, lets just watch a movie to teach the lesson that life isnt easy, that totally makes sense and isnt counterintuitive

I have 3 pictures that relate to how retarded you are so I'll commence the dump

1/3
>>
File: mount stupid.jpg (20 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
mount stupid.jpg
20 KB, 600x338
>>36823464
>>36823213
kys

2/3
>>
File: damage control.jpg (126 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
damage control.jpg
126 KB, 650x650
>>36823464
>>36823478
>>36823213

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/

3/3
>>
>>36823213
>He risked his sons health to teach him a lesson that could have been easily taught other ways. Like by watching Big Daddy

these are the people you post with, /fit/
>>
>>36823464
>>36823478
>>36823489

Brutal.
>>
>>36823082
Same. But it worked!
>>
>>36823530
>rollerblading for an hour at a time risks health
WEW lad
>>
Rollerskating on a fucking highway doesn't seem like it would be legal. Great way to get run over.
>>
>>36823213

>I was raised by a television instead of by my father
>Surely movies are just as good and anything else is just excessive, right?

I was going to make fun of you for being weak, but I thought about it a little and now I'm actually genuinely sad for you a little bit.
>>
>>36823040
psssh.. nothing personnel... pupy
>>
>>36822748
I grew up in front of the T.V. with no discipline, and now I'm on 4chan.

Fuck this shit.
>>
>>36823213
fuck off, nanny state cocksucker
>>
>>36823029
its a 14 day trip on some bumpy roads not 14 years driving on them constantly

you're a fucking faggot
>>
>>36823694
it's china. sitting at home is a great way to get run over.

>Son, this is China
>You will be run over anyway
>Nobody will save you
>Just drink some warm water.
>>
>>36822612
Dude sounds based.
>>
>>36822991
>I was worried my kids wouldn't be raised right so I decided to ensure they wouldn't be. The uncertainty triggered my autism.
>>
>>36826331
child rearing is literally our reason for living, you trust a woman to do that better than a man?

>no anon you are the autism
>>
I don't know what's more apalling, a dad taking his 4 years old son for a potentially lethal stroll, or /fit/ compeltely agreeing with that because they're a bunch of fatherless fuck-ups with no empathy and marked autism.

You mofos need Jesus like you needed your dad.
>>
>>36822878
Nah you're actually meant to hold its maw on your arm and knee it's chest til it dies
Source: some documentary I saw on it
>>
>>36826365
No, a trust a couple to do that.
>Results from growth curve models confirm that, even before marital breakup, children whose parents later divorce exhibit higher levels of anxiety/depression and antisocial behavior than children whose parents remain married.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1741-3737.2005.00217.x/abstract?userIsAuthenticated=false&deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=
>The results also suggest, however, a negative effect of divorce and its aftermath on adult mental health. Moreover, a parental divorce during childhood or adolescence continues to have a negative effect when a person is in his or her twenties and early thirties.
http://www.jstor.org/stable/2657325?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents
>Consistent with Time-1 analyses, divorced-family children performed more poorly than intact-family children on several indices, and boys showed more adverse effects than did girls
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002713809600534
>>
>>36826408
That's not about couples, that's about marital break up
>>
>People taking this seriously

as a journalist y'all niggas need to learn that anything about wacky Chinese foreigners is either made up entirely or blown out of proportion by the British media.
>>
>Eating bitterness when they are young will help boys to grow into strong men.

kek
>>
>>36826508
http://www.kaixian.tv/gd/2016/0414/787030.html

shitpost less you idiot faggot
>>
>>36826536
>Implying I can read moonrunes
>>
>>36826408
>parents who divorce

gee, I wonder if this might be the difference between correlation and causation
>>
>>36826543
>moonrunes

is japanese. you can't even meme correctly, are you mentally handicapped?

also, google translate.

also, just look at the arabic numbers.
>>
File: 1410749398324.png (101 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1410749398324.png
101 KB, 292x257
>>36826551
platinum mad so easily

what a casual game
>>
File: 51687987651.jpg (33 KB, 349x642) Image search: [Google]
51687987651.jpg
33 KB, 349x642
>>36826557
>>
File: 1403513272312.png (187 KB, 395x296) Image search: [Google]
1403513272312.png
187 KB, 395x296
>>36826568
>Getting so mad all you can do is shitpost with a reaction image

you tried, buddy
>>
File: 2143856878.png (26 KB, 755x1255) Image search: [Google]
2143856878.png
26 KB, 755x1255
>>36826582
>>
It's been proven over and over again that mistreating children to teach them lessons does not work. For example feeding your child only on set times instead of any time it's hungry is mistreatment and costs them dearly. Raising a child in good health is much, much more important than teaching him an adult lesson about life.
>>
>>36823530

Have you seen how polluted the streets and highways of China are you dumb faggot?
>>
>>36826601
Here's your reply
>>
>>36826606
>implying that Adam Sandler movies can teach your children important life lessons
>>
>>36826634
>implying that you couldn't teach life lessons without doing travelling a distance equivalent to 12.8 marathons

jesus can't he be like a normal chink and get his son to till the fields for a day or something?
>>
>>36823353
Qeq
>>
>>36826551
It's Chinese tho
>>
>>36826852
moonrunes is a japanese meme. article is in chinese.
>>
>>36822878
Dogs attacks are pretty linier and their necks are pretty snaptastic.

Been attacked by a dog twice and never once defeated. Sucks to have retards not leash their pets but I'm not giving up my limbs so some retard can keep a friend
>>
>>36826855
Oh, I read "it's Japanese"
>>
>>36826634
They can. Like don't watch Adam Sandler movies, it'll only make you angry.
>>
>>36822848
>just got home with dad
>opened our gate, we didn't realize that our dogs were fighting on the other side of the gate
>just as I opened it with my arms stretched out to push the gate, a dog jumped and tried to bite the other dog, landing a bite on my elbow instead
>rabies
>panic
>he rushes me to my mom
>he immediately leaves
>mom calls 911
>mom did everything she knew about first aid before 911 arrives
Some 5 years later they broke up. He was an abusive guy, attempted to kill my mom twice, he was also a drug addict.
15 years later and no one in the family gives a shit about him, when people I meet learn about this they always say "but he's your father how and why bla bla", and every time I want to respond with "well he pretty much pulled out a knife and stabbed my mom in front of me while all I could do was throw lego blocks at him".
>>
>>36827020
Whats the connection between your story and yout abusive father,idiot?
>>
>>36827020
>2016
>living in a shithole with rabies
>>
shit like this is why most chinese people grow up to hate their parents
>>
>>36822990
that sounds like one hell of a way to get your neck close enough for the dog to bite
>>
>>36826408
blahblahblahblah
>>
>>36823011
>he would have no problem "putting down two dogs in one week
Kek
Fake or not, nice
>>
>>36823029
>implying a chinese truck driver is driving a state of the art truck
>>
>>36822622
Kek
>>
>>36822612
Tough love, also th kid gets lung cancer with all that shit smog
>>
>>36822612
This might be a good exercise for the kid, but you can actually teach your child discipline without going on a >500km trip. Pro tip: Just be a good parent.
>>
>>36830196
He's teaching him perseverance not discipline.

There is no other way to learn it aside from simply doing it.
>>
File: 1412458699005.jpg (118 KB, 889x600) Image search: [Google]
1412458699005.jpg
118 KB, 889x600
>>36822612
Based. Gonna make my daughter do the same if I have one
>>
>>36823071
I'm going to kill you
>>
>>36822612
How this would end if this happened in my state...
>Man takes son on a journey in roller skates
>It lasts until 5:00 rush hour when they are both insta killed by a methhead grandma texting in one hand and smoking with the other, using her only one good knee to drive.

...which is why you should not be teaching your kids discipline by playing on the highway.
>>
>>36822612
amazing! can't wait to try this with my wife's son
>>
>>36831028
Are you trying to say that your state has more dangerous roads than fucking China?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k4pJD2bIRSQ

Get out you sheltered kiddo.
>>
>>36827052
It has dogs in it, idiot
Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.