[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Saw this on Craigslist for 150. Realistically, for those who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ULTIMATE-2T.jpg (35 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
ULTIMATE-2T.jpg
35 KB, 300x350
Saw this on Craigslist for 150.
Realistically, for those who have own/owned one, can i expect to build a nice amount of muscle from this machine \fit\? Assuming I'm getting proper nutrition.
Gym is an hour away, by the way
>>
where do you live where the closest gym is an hour away
>>
>>36822149

Zero muscle. They are worthless.
>>
>>36822149

Buy a squat rack, a bench, and a barbell set
>>
>>36822149
You'll put on muscle, but you won't be getting the full benefit. That lat pull down however is almost worth it alone. You won't need more bars for a while because let's face it, you're a huge pussy, but yeah, go for it.

At the very least you'll be able to work everything out. Plus lat pull downs.
>>
>>36822199
It would be worth it as a lat pull down machine, if it wasn't trash and used pl8s.
It uses weird bands.
>>
>>36822154
Inside a whale
>>
>>36822149
a bank a barbell and a rack is all you need.
Squat, Deadlift, Benchpress & Ohp are enough to get a decent body, everything else is just bonus.
>>
>>36822149
Those tension rods eventually lose tension.
>>
>>36822149
Most importantly is the resistance curve. Its not 100% all the way through the rep. Its light early and gets tougher further into the flex.

Also the weights aren't very accurate, and they fade with time especially if you leave them hooked on, and you WILL leave them hooked on.

Its nice to have around. If I can't make it to the gym, or if I get through with my calisthenics and need some mo, bowflex. You can do a shitload of exercises on it, just google and viola they got you covered.

I'd go for it if its your only option.
>>
What type of home gym in \fit\s opinion would be a hell of a lot better?
>>
>>36822283
A simple oly barbell with some plates.
Google landmine exercises, all you need for a lot of things. Landmine squat, landmine chest press, lateral raise, etc.
Barbell curl, Ohp, deadlift and etc.
All with a single bar and some pl8s.
>>
>>36822328
How much would that cost. I'm betting upwards of one grand?
>>
I made a complete home gym out of wood. Rack, Bench, Barbells etc.

I get splinters all the fucking time though
>>
>>36822354
God no
~100usd
Maybe a bit more for newer stuff, depending.
Try to find them in a pair, you won't need much at first either.
>>
>>36822364
Use a powerful (because otherwise it'll take a long-ass time) electric belt sanding machine or a power stripper and go over all the relevant surfaces/edges once, and that should go away.
>>
>>36822364
Next time, make one with sharp edges all around.
Real edgy
>>
>>36822364
I made a complete homegym out of the bones & guts of my enemies.

It smells a bit though.
>>
File: 71SH-9U1IoL._SL1500_.jpg (185 KB, 1500x1163) Image search: [Google]
71SH-9U1IoL._SL1500_.jpg
185 KB, 1500x1163
>>36822375
one of these suckers is what I meant.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.