[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else get back pain from The Press? I did 120lbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 201x251
Does anyone else get back pain from The Press?

I did 120lbs x 5/3/3 yesterday and deadlifted right afterwards.

I think it was from The Press though.

I've been stretching and icing it. Any other tips for recovery?
>>
>>36819694
Bump I have ouchies on my back ;_; help
>>
I got back and neck pain until I learned good form. The most important factors were a grip that is shoulder-width, and moving your head under the bar as you press the bar overhead.
>>
>>36820028
Ive also had some neck pain when going hard on it.

I think the back pain is from trying to do too much when I missed like a week.
>>
>>36819694
You shouldn't .
Learn to brace ya core
>>
Could be a potential herniated disk.
I got my shit snapped up from doing ATG squats low weight and didn't feel any pain from it til the next day.
Make sure your form is solid and
If it persists go to the fucking doctor.
>>
>>36819694
Your core is weak
>>
Search Alan Thrall how to OHP if you're new and haven't learned form yet.

Could be your shoulders are inflexablr and thus you hyper extend your back to push your arms above. Stretch your shit out. If your abs are weak get planking.

When pressing, clench your glutes at all times in the movement and don't let up till you rerack, and keep your abs engaged, since you'll need them to stand up under the bar when pushing forwards once it's cleared your face.

I still get a little tired in the lower back if I've gone hard in the press for new bests myself, but you shouldn't be getting pain.
>>
>>36819694

Take a hot bath it will loosen up your joints

>>36820123

How?
>>
>>36819694
The leg press fucked my lower lumbar too, so now I don't do them and just do squats because they don't make my back hurt for some reason. It took about a month before my lower back stopped hurting
>>
>>36819694
yup -- used to, but its a very simple fix.

>brace core with abs, but dont suck in. use full wall to just brace. you want to limit swaying, basically.
>brace core with glutes. yes. squeeze those boys together.
>basically, just stabilize core with ass and glutes.
>bend and knees slightly
>become a metal post and dont fucking sway
>>
>>36821188
yes, because you probably put your lumbar spine into flexion. don't do that if you are placing compression forces on your spine.
>>
>tfw got a crush fracture from trying an OHP pr

rip back
>>
>>36819694
No. You're in pain because you're doing the exercise incorrectly dunbass
>>
I know that feel OP. A bunch of newspapers fell on my back and now I can't walk
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.