[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm bulking. It takes too long to eat. I spend a solid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: mcdonald's vs groceries.jpg (265 KB, 700x1351) Image search: [Google]
mcdonald's vs groceries.jpg
265 KB, 700x1351
I'm bulking. It takes too long to eat.

I spend a solid 3+ hours per day just eating, that's not even scratching the surface of the iceberg that is preparing all that food.

How do I cut this down? Meal prep helps but honestly, not that much beyond reducing the amount of attention I have to pay making the food. Anyways I could do that if the process of eating it all didn't take as long.

Can I IF it and shove down dense calories all in one giant meal, or something like that?
>>
what about the good old chicken dices with pasta

you get everything minus the veggies (not like you need them after all), doesn't take long to prepare (about 15-20 min) and you can eat it quick enough

just cook like 200g of pasta, slice in dices and fry about 250-300g of chicken, then mix everything
>>
How TF do you spend more than 3 hours eating

If that number was with prep, I might understand, but even then it's on the high side.

Select more calorie-dense foods, prep more food at a time, snack inbetween on high-calorie snacks like cashews, use protein shakes to achieve your protein goals. Just watch your fats etc if you snack on a lot of nuts.

You shouldn't be spending more than 30 minutes a day eating that way, even if you're aiming for 3-4kCals.

Also, you can do something useful while eating, or at least something recreational.
>>
>>36818583
Well I think that's part of it, 2 of the 3 meals I'm in front of my computer fucking around on /fit/ or watching netflix or something. And then it distracts me a bit and I eat slower.

But <30min a day for 3 meals? That's actually crazy
>>
>>36818646

if not counting prep, I'm pretty sure it doesn't take me much more than 30.

morning: protein shake + greek yoghurt, eat greek yoghurt (~5 minutes tops), take protein shake on the go

midday: chicken breast (600-800g) + eggs (4-6) + beans, corn or whatever I feel like. Takes a while to prep, but not really more than 15-20 mins to eat, and that's eating at a slow pace

evening: more greek yoghurt and/or protein shake and/or some random veggies and/or whatever other stuff I feel like, also like 5-10 minutes tops. Definitely doing something else while eating at this point.

inbetween: if I haven't hit my daily macro/calorie goals yet, snack on cashews, greek yoghurt, protein shakes, cheese or something with carbs, depending on which macro goal I'm lacking in. Pulling a pack of cashews out of your pocket and putting some in your mouth takes zero time out of your day, really.
>>
Wow, is that really the price of food in your country? a gallon of good milk costs like 13 dollars here in Iceland. The only things I have to bulk on is sour whey and dried fish.
>>
>>36819476
Icelandic income should be correspondingly higher, so shouldn't be a problem, unless you're a NEET maybe (but even then, if iceland is anything like the other nordic countries, social services will be correspondingly better as well).

Can't seem to find any solid stats on the mean yearly income ATM, tho
>>
yeah you're right, I became jelous because i'm really not sure if I want to live here.
>>
I don't know how to comment.
>>
>>36818409
Try get bakery grade sunflowers, 20 grams of protein per 100 gram serving 600 cals overall very low in saturated fats.
>>
>>36818409
DIY Soylent

I spend about 5 minutes mixing a few dry powders together. Then I have enough for 2 days of meals at 3000 calories a day. Each "meal" takes about 5 minutes to mix the powder, olive oil, and water in a blender bottle.

I don't actually eat nothing but the stuff, but I do have one or two of these shakes almost every day. Saves a lot of time and gets all my macros and micros.
>>
>>36818409
>not drinking whiskey with your chicken, potatoes and salad for four

ISHYGDDT
>>
>>36818409
>I spend a solid 3+ hours per day just eating
wtf unless ur eating 10k calories a day of clean food this is crazy

u can eat a bowl of oatmeal (200grams+) in 2 minutes max 5 minutes if ur slow eater
>>
>>36820135
Recipe?
>>
>>36819476
Burger here. Some of those grocery prices actually seem kind of high to me
>>
Go to Germany the lowest good prices in europe
>>
>>36820666
tfw it takes me like 15 mins to eat 100grams of oats
>>
>>36822050
Y-you are not eating them without first soaking/cooking them to make them soft, are you anon?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.