[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you wear glasses or contacts, /fit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10
File: image_25.jpg (58 KB, 556x556) Image search: [Google]
image_25.jpg
58 KB, 556x556
Do you wear glasses or contacts, /fit/?
>>
Perhaps
>>
>>36816211
Contacts
>>
Yeah. I've worn glasses since I was 10
>>
Contacts 99% of the time because of my work (pretty much lift 8 hours a day and alot of dust). Though my sight is not that bad so on weekends I dont use any of it
>>
>>36816211
what kinds of doge is that?
>>
File: fgpepe.jpg (127 KB, 975x1000) Image search: [Google]
fgpepe.jpg
127 KB, 975x1000
I don't wear glasses or contacts because I am not a sightlet.
>>
I've worn contacts around 10 years. I leave them in for around 2 months and forget I even wear them until new ones turn up in the mail.
>>
>>36817856
how do you do this? Ive always had to take them out at night
>>
Glasses all day every day
I can't see for shit without 'em; fucking eyeballs

The earpieces aren't very curved so they tend to slide off when doing t-bar rows and back extensions, but other than that they don't get in the way when lifting
>>
>>36817856
my eyes fuckig burn if i leave them in for longer than 12 hours.
>>
File: 1374118764199.gif (1 MB, 245x180) Image search: [Google]
1374118764199.gif
1 MB, 245x180
>>36817836
Some sort of retarded Shiba Inu.
>>
>>36818079
The story behind that image is that the shibe got stung by a bee and its face got inflamed.
>>
>>36817856
How? I have to take them after ~6 hours
>>
>>36818184

awww :(
>>
>>36817890
>>36817964
>>36818212
Are you trolling? Have done this since I was 15 ~
Never had any eye problems/infections. I wear 2weekly contacts which are made to sleep in for two weeks, but I've even stretched it out to 4months desu senpai.

I've heard horror stories of infections etc but never experienced anything bad and half feel like contact company's are trying to sell something that doesn't need to be brought all the time
>>
>>36817836
IIRC it's a shiba inu that tried to eat a bee
>>
>>36816211
glasses, i've tried dailies but they must have been shit ones because i was happier wearing glasses,
>>
>>36818430
You need to find the right shaped ones for your eyes. Any good optometrist would let you try a bunch of different styles for free
>>
File: 1459273313324.jpg (133 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
1459273313324.jpg
133 KB, 500x553
I'm -10 in each eye, wear contacts 95% of the day pretty much
>>
>>36818383
i'm using 2week contacts too, never heard about a type you can sleep in

have to look em up, i wish i could take a nap without having to remove these fuckers everytime
>>
>>36818383
consider yourself lucky, retard
>>
>>36818500
wtf why do you even have eyes
>>
>>36818501
Have you tried? My optometrist literally tried the biggest scare tactics when I was young
>anon if you sleep with your contacts in you will get infections or the contact will get stuck behind your eye while you sleep.

I know this is 4chan so no one will believe what I'm saying but I've truly had no eye problems in the 10 years of doing this. I've literally saved thousands of dollars by not changing my contacts all the time.

Also think about this
>put contacts in solution overnight with unwashed hands
>put them in container you've had for over a year
>use dirty fingers to put them back in the next morning
>risk folding the contact or scratching your eye
>throw it out a week later

Or

>put contact in
>your eyes naturally clean themselves and the contact
>leave it in

I'm sure if you Google you'll find others like me. Atleast give it a go once.
>>
>>36816211
Glasses. They suit my face decently.
I can't wear contacts for more than 3-4 hours, I just can't seem to get any that fit properly, They either slide off and fall out or they scratch my eyeball.
>>
>>36818504
You know contacts cone in different shapes right? You might not have one that works well with your eyes?
>>
Just get eye surgery. Best thing i've ever done.
>>
>>36818643
I'm considering it but got put off at the fact you have to get the surgery corrected after a year. May do it in a couple years though
>>
File: Visian_ICL_web_2013-1024x1003.png (1 MB, 1024x1003) Image search: [Google]
Visian_ICL_web_2013-1024x1003.png
1 MB, 1024x1003
>>36816211
I've worn contacts and glasses since I was 5 years of age and in my mid-twenties now. I don't wear them any more since I got corrective surgery last year. I didn't get Lasik because my vision was so bad but I did get ICLs. I definitely recommend them to anyone 25-30 that has shit-tier vision.

It's basically a contact lens implanted under your cornea thru a little slit at the base. Recovery time is less than a day and I now have 20/10 and 20/15 vision in my left and right eye respectively which is amazing coming from vision that was around 20/500. Cost me about $7500 per eye as opposed to what Lasik costs which is ~$1000 per eye. Glad I did it though.

Google Visian ICL if you wanna check it out. I think you should only get surgery if NEEDED. Contacts are terrible for your eyes as hardly anyone cleans them properly every time so glasses are the way to go.
>>
>>36818643
Tell more pls
>>
>>36818590
>Put contacts in an extremely mild anti-bacterial agent
>Wash your hands and put them in the next morning, having slightly wet fingers make it easier on the eyes to put on properly
>Wash and allow container to dry after putting your contacts in
>Rinse and repeat for 3 months.
It's easy as fuck, you're just disgustingly lazy. Don't you dare advise others to do the same.

Your eyes don't naturally clean themselves UNDER the contact lens. The reason people go blind from infections is because the more peculiar types of bacteria are able to multiply in prime anaerobic conditions, because they don't get disturbed.
>>
>>36818663
This is only true with Lasik or PRK as the healing process and scarring may cause your vision to slightly worsen over time due to a portion of your cornea being removed. The healing process is also why people get severe dry eyes after these surgeries.
>>
>>36818590
I always throw my containers in the dishwasher at least once a week and wash my hands when I need to take them out or put them in or I get a nice sting. I've been wearing contacts for 8 years now and just recently learned there are ones you can sleep in. I have an astigmatism so I have always used monthly contacts, learned to take care of them real quick.
>>
>>36818721
The contacts you can sleep in are still not recommended to do it all the time. I had to sleep in my contacts all the time so I got them and tried them out. Optometrist still recommended to take them out every 2-3 days to remove mineral build-up.
>>
Ever since I got contacts women have been nicer to me and I get more looks, from older women mainly.
>>
>>36818500
I'm -2 and practically blind
>>
>>36818383
>>36818501
>>36818501
My optometrist says you can take the 2 week contacts and stretch them out to 3-4 weeks if you can. If they bother you then get rid of them and get new ones.
>>
File: bbfjKDc.jpg (721 KB, 4160x2336) Image search: [Google]
bbfjKDc.jpg
721 KB, 4160x2336
>>36816211
I used contacts for a while but they kept drying and it was annoying sometimes.

>>36818500
>-10
shit son, I feel blind as fuck with -1.7

R8 my new glasses /fit/
>>
>>36816211
I had laser surgery a couple years ago.
>>
>>36818590
Who the fuck doesn't wash their hands before they put in/take out their contact lenses? Or change their contact lens container every 3mos (it's literally $10 for a new one)

Not all of us are filthy unwashed mongoloids with no hygiene like you.
>>
>wearing the eye jew
>>
I got 2 week contacts for the first time and I hate cleaning them. Not sure if I fucked up the cleaning last week or if it is allergies, but I woke up yesterday morning and my eyes were bloodshot and mucus shit kept drying up around my eyes.

I just want to go back to dailies.
>>
>>36816211
Glasses

Unfortunetly even if both of your parents have 20/20 vision you may be born sighlet.

Fuck this genes shit lottery, there are people there 100% healthy with proper vsision, healthy bowels and no mentally ill mind. I am jelly.

There is not too much choice, laser correction is not as good as it sounds and lenses may be harmful

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fungal_contamination_of_contact_lenses
>>
>>36818944
I don't wanna scare you but that could be an infection brah. Go see your optometrist ASAP before it gets worse and let him know.
>>
>>36817856
Hope your eyes get infected anon
>>
File: 1458482166446.jpg (95 KB, 316x528) Image search: [Google]
1458482166446.jpg
95 KB, 316x528
>>36818869
Playing a dangerous game there, anon
>>
>>36818643
They told me my corneas are too thin :( also apparently my eyeballs are shaped weird in the back
>>
>>36819028
top kek, they do look similar
>>
>>36817856
I'm the exact same anon, I cancel my subscription for 6 months or so because I get sent a new pair every month but I wear them non-stop for 2 months then just restart the prescription when I run out of the surplus.

My contacts are meant to be slept in though, they do exist.
>>
>>36818993
I took some Benadryl last night and my eyes are back to normal today. White and no more discharge. Vision clinics are closed today, but I'll go next week if it shows up again.
>>
>have -2 in each eye
>can't really see what i look like in a mirror from further than 1 meter away
>never wear glasses because i hate the way they looked on me
>at about age 20 of having shit vision and squinting at everything i decide to try contacts seriously
>get them in
>look at myself in the mirror
>i'm actually good looking
>been self conscious about my looks all these years
>i don't look as bad as i thought

it felt good, like a surge of self confidence
>>
>>36819059
Doesn't really matter, they are in style atm
>>
>>36816211
20:13 vision

Get on my level blindfags
>>
>>36819097
I bet it's just allergies and contacts are just irritating them more. I've had the same issue though and it goes away and eyes are fine once I take em out.

What solution does everyone use? Biotrue here. I tried the re-nu but I don't think it worked as well.
>>
>>36818924
Hello /pol/, could you explain me your meme?
>>
>>36818500

lay the foundation pupper
>>
Glasses

Been without for 23 years, suddenly I look a little better. Really highlights the features of my face.

Either that or people are just being polite.
>>
>>36819113
>20:13
LOL you retard, it's 2016
>>
wore contacts all throughout my teenage years, and then I stopped giving a shit and switched back to glasses
>>
>>36819055
You have an astigmatism, also see here as I had the same issue with cornea thinness:
>>36818681
>>
>>36819185
Yeah i knew i have astigmatism. But it's not just that my eyes are oval instead of round, the back of them are actually just weirdly shaped, as if they were swollen but they're not it's just their shape.
>>
>>36819183
I switched to contacts because I hated how I looked with glasses. Then I realized that the glasses I had just looked really cheap and didn't fit my face so I went and spent money on some decent ones. Now I switch back and forth between glasses and contacts.
>>
File: 1335278327864.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1335278327864.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
I wear glasses at home
I wear contacts at work or when going out in general, since I was 18

Once I have the money saved up I'll have laser surgery
>>
I used to read a lot in middle school and I had lost up to 1.5 in each eye, then I stopped reading when I went to high school and now I'm only missing 0.25

Thank you Jesus, being anti intellectual saved my life
>>
you will all wear glasses if VR picks off.
>>
I had laser surgery last year. 2000 euros per eye, and they screwed one eye up. Got a permanent little blur there. Was worst at first, but they removed some of the dirt when I went for a second time. Might go for third time.
>>
>>36819565
>2000 euros per eye
the fuck
these are german prices I suppose
>>
>>36818899
lasik?
>>
>>36816211
20/20 vision January of 2013, needed glasses by by August. Genetics suck
>>
>>36816211
I wear glasses most of the time bit have contacts. I barely wear my contacts though because it takes mw around half an hour to put them in.

Any anons got tips?
I can take them out no problem it's just inserting them which screws me over.
>>
>>36818869
Τhey're cute anon and they fit most faces, so you'll probably look good.
>>
>>36819775

Dutch, so yes?
Also, 2000 isn't that high is it? All places I checked were around this price.
>>
>>36820173
you get both eyes with later checkups for about the same price in cz

>tfw czech making austrian money so $$$ I mean.... €€€
>>
>>36820148
Practice be trying to touch your eyeball. Hold physical contact for maybe 3 seconds. Start getting comfortable with being all up in there.

If that's not the problem, go to an actual eye doctor, whatever they're called. Not the optician that sells the glasses but the actual medical professional and get your eyes measured. Opticians often don't measure as accurate. Bad fitting lenses can be a problem.
>>
>>36820223

Nice! Plus double social security benefits in some cases for cross-border worker. Nice.

I'm just happy the clinic is basically around the corner.
>>
>>36818500
lay the foundation pupper
>>
Glasses. I've a good face and decent facial hair genetics, but can't grow it much because with specs it's all too much on my face.

I'm told I look better without them but I won't switch to contacts because I hate anything touching my eyes, freaks me out. Also I train some boxing so I don't want to have to take sbit in and out my eyes on the fly.

Guess I'm stuck on ith specs. Anyone know what specs look good these days? My previous frames have been taken over by cucks and I don't want to look like them anymore.
>>
>>36818500
Oh shit, I'm going to Japan next year.
Lay the foundation for me, pupper
>>
>>36818401
What a pussy. My American Eskimo used to eat bees all the time and never had that issue. Dog needs to lift more.
>>
File: 1389033792928.jpg (20 KB, 351x257) Image search: [Google]
1389033792928.jpg
20 KB, 351x257
Contacts.
Glasses hide my cheekbones which accentuate my almond shaped eyes.
>>
just get the surgery, senpai

you can get a 0% 24 month payment plan, it'll cost <$200 a month
>>
Got PRK in 2014 and never looked back.

Mostly because I can't.
>>
>>36819105
>tfw they were image correcting lenses
>>
>>36821197
>tfw you bought expensive-ass square frames and then hipsters ruined the look
>>
File: 1434228844238.png (219 KB, 545x521) Image search: [Google]
1434228844238.png
219 KB, 545x521
>>36819565

>european
>>
Most people look better with glasses on.
>>
I don't understand how people can use contacts or get fucking lasers beamed into their eyeballs. You guys are fucking insane man. I might not like wearing glasses but christ almighty I ain't touching my fucking eye balls.
>>
Glasses. Most men look sexier in glasses.
>>
I have 20/10 vision according to my last eye checkup.

>eyelets when will they learn
>>
>>36822429
At least lasik is once and it's over. I can't imagine walking around with plastic on my eyeballs at all times.
>>
>>36822429
Yeah i always felt weird about the idea of slicing your eyeball. I've heard some horror stories about lasik i think it is. The one where they slice the flap up and then reshape under and put the flap back down. The flap never really heals and some people's have moved out of place and they have to go to ER. Plus since this is a relatively new procedure that's only now blowing up there's not a lot of long term studies on it.
>>
>>36821824
I'd you can pull them off what's the harm. They'll say it's a Clark Kent look.
>>
Glasses for 24 years, contacts for the last week. In that one week I've had a dozen compliments on how much better I look without glasses. Should have done this forever ago, but I was super paranoid about touching my eye and putting them in.

Turn out, that was dumb. You're really only touching the contact, not your eye. Even if you do touch your eye, the white part of it is pretty safe to touch. Took me like an hour and a lot of swearing to get them in the first time, now I do it on the first or second try every time.

Oh and if you haven't had contacts before your doctor will give you a bunch of freebies to try out so you can find a brand you like. So if you end up hating it you'll only be out the cost of the exam, which your insurance may cover if you have it. Give it a shot IMO.
>>
Glasses most of the time, contacts when I wanna look good or if I'm going to be wearing safety glasses
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.