[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is genetics everything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (584 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
584 KB, 1000x800
Is genetics everything?
>>
File: 20160416_223023.jpg (75 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
20160416_223023.jpg
75 KB, 640x480
Yes. Pic related of neverr making it.
>>
If genetics were everything how come ripped people have to train?

Everyone can look "buff" or "athletic" to the average person. Almost no one can reach the highest level of professional body building.

It's all a mix of traning, diet, performance enhancing drugs and growth hormons, genetics and other things like getting enough sleep.

But since the vast majority of people nowadays are couch potatoes, just lifting for fun- but with serious effort - without the use of drugs or having good genetics will make you look "huge" compared to the average guy.

If you want to be the next mr olympia forget about it if you have to ask.
>>
File: Belgian-Blue-2b[1].jpg (156 KB, 1000x706) Image search: [Google]
Belgian-Blue-2b[1].jpg
156 KB, 1000x706
>>36814713

>tfw never going to have to top tier bull genetics
>>
>>36814713
Gets you to the peak but not up the mountain
>>
File: gymcel.jpg (68 KB, 793x432) Image search: [Google]
gymcel.jpg
68 KB, 793x432
>>36814754
dude on the right has never touched a weight in his life
>>
>>36814867
Well said.
>>
>>36814871
So?
>>
>>36814871
How in the everloving fuck do you know what he has and hasnt done?
>>
File: potential.png (7 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
potential.png
7 KB, 400x400
>>36814713
All else being equal, yes, genetics pretty much determines the winner.

But life is inherently unequal. You can have a fantastic jawline, superb proportions and god-like insertions at 6'3" but if you have eaten your way to 450lbs(200kg) none of that is going to matter. Even if you weren't, but you fucked around in the gym and the kitchen +poor hygiene the serious gym rat with the clean face is going to beat you out. Genetics are your maximum potential. You may have lower maximum potential than another person but if they aren't fulfilling that potential it won't matter.
>>
>>36814937
>if you have eaten your way to 450lbs(200kg) none of that is going to matter

Yes, but that's ADDING A NEGATIVE.

Think of self improvement/lifting as being like treading water in the ocean.

As long as you're doing the bare minimum, you're probably as high up as you can possibly get. If you exert more energy, you'll just tire yourself out and not actually get anywhere from it.

The ONLY time someone actually benefits from lifting is if they lose excess body fat, and as a result they FLOAT UP TO WHERE THEY ALREADY SHOULD HAVE BEEN. However, that's REMOVING A NEGATIVE rather than GAINING A POSITIVE.

The chances are, most of you are already where you should be anywhere. Once you're doing the little amount of work required to stay afloat, any more is just wasted energy.
>>
>>36814713
>Is genetics everything?

I am a 5'9" manlet
>tfw i will never fuk a model godess...
>tfw the hottest girl at my gym has to look down to speak to me...

/thread
>>
>>36815015
Niggah how ugly are you?
>>
>>36815015
>>tfw the hottest girl at my gym has to look down to speak to me...
How fucking tall is she?!
I mean jesus the cutest girl ive seen is like 5'3'' maybe even shorter
You got a thing for tall bitches my friend?
>>
>>36814871
Which of those guys do you think would win in a fight?
>>
>>36815007
That's just arguing what you define as a negative or a positive, and the idea "where you should have been" is completely arbitrary. The minimum amount of effort could have you eating mcdonalds every single day on you're way home from your minimum wage job even if you're capable of so much more, but choosing to define it as an added negative or removed positive is also arbitrary.

And that whole "minimum amount of work required to stay afloat" is an incredibly defeatist mentality and belongs on r9k with every NEET that has given up on life. Sure diminishing returns are a fact of life, the question is a what point do the returns stop being worth the effort.
>>
>>36815039
not ugly at all desu senpai have been in a good relationship for 8 years but im shorter than most people i see...
>>36815041
5'11 or 6' shes so fucking fit its disgusting wayyy too hot
>>
File: 1460123131784.jpg (29 KB, 338x400) Image search: [Google]
1460123131784.jpg
29 KB, 338x400
>>36814820
Jesus Christ are those actual bull muscles?
>>
>>36815131
what is myostatin-related muscle hypertrophy for 500
>>
>>36815120
>5'11 or 6' shes so fucking fit its disgusting wayyy too hot
Alright fair enough but i do this you got a fetish for taller women
Nothing wrong, i got a fetish for shorter women so i shouldnt judge
Anyway, look up selective perception while youre at it. explains why everyone you see is taller than you
>>
there are tons of people with genetics so good they look and are treated better than you even if you're doing literally everything you can
if you don't realize it you're either an absolute hermit with no connection to the real world or absolutely stupid for not noticing it
you in best clothes, with best body you can have etc = a knife
some people in a 10$ shirt and with minimum hygiene = a sniper rifle
you can't change height, facial bone structure, frame and your personality shaped by your upbringing, your environment and how people treated you all your life (this one obviously depends on your appearance so you're double fucked if you're an ugly manlet)
>>
>>36814928
cause that's me on the right :^)
>>
>>36815173
>selective perception
no man I live in central NJ and spend a shitload of time in manhattan because my gf goes to school there... way more than half the people i see are taller than me.. my friends are all around my height but most people are really tall.

I don't even really have thing for tall girls but this girl looks like a model you only see on the internet.

I honestly never noticed height until i started coming on fit. fuck 4chan ruined my life.
>>
>>36815234
Well its unlikely that you are shorter than everyone you see otherwise the male avg height would be higher than what it currently is but i get your point
also yes, /fit/ fucks your percetions so dont trust it.
>>
File: images (34).jpg (29 KB, 308x477) Image search: [Google]
images (34).jpg
29 KB, 308x477
>>36814713

The gaur has a head-and-body length of 250 to 330 cm (8 ft 2 in to 10 ft 10 in) with a 70 to 105 cm (28 to 41 in) long tail, and is 165 to 220 cm (5 ft 5 in to 7 ft 3 in) high at the shoulder. The average weight of adult gaur is 650 to 1,000 kg (1,430 to 2,200 lb), with an occasional large bull weighing up to 1,500 kg (3,300 lb).

The gaur also called Indian bison, is the largest extant bovine, native to South Asia and Southeast Asia.

Tigers single handedly bring down these giants. Don't even use team tactics like the Lions.

Why are Tigers so based anons? Are they natty?

https://youtu.be/M4t0aeTX954
>>
File: animal-size-comparison-1.jpg (64 KB, 433x640) Image search: [Google]
animal-size-comparison-1.jpg
64 KB, 433x640
>>36815394
Is the guy a manlet or is the tiger that huge?
>>
>>36814820

>forever a cuck, never a bull
>>
>>36814871
you know that image is photoshopped, right?
>>
>>36815131
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-muscled_cattle

basically they're genetic modified to not have any myostatin thus their muscles just grow and grow
>>
>>36815209
>there are tons of people with genetics so good they look and are treated better than you even if you're doing literally everything you can

You will never, EVER see a hot homeless person due to this. If someone is genetically bless with good looks they will never have to live on the street
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.