[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on having abs after age 25, is it really worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 2
File: redpill1.jpg (8 KB, 240x202) Image search: [Google]
redpill1.jpg
8 KB, 240x202
Redpill me on having abs after age 25, is it really worth it?

I am 28 and after 5 years of lifting I am in better shape than 99% of the population, is there really any point in me getting under 15% BF?
>>
>>36814184
>>36814184
>>36814184

>bitches love abs
>you can mire yourself in the mirror

other than that - no
>>
>>36814184
>in better shape than 99% of the population
>over 15% bodyfat

Choose one you pudgy fuck
>>
>>36814219
Yeah what he said

And ofc there is a point OP, you will look better. Is there any other reason you need say?
>>
>>36814184
>Do i need to be better or can I be meh because others suck?

Idk op, are you a faggot?
>>
Well im 28 and I don't go out much and nobody sees my body besides me.

Its not like I am a 18-21 year old in college or something or some chad-dude-bro going out and fucking random sluts at bars/clubs.

I sit around 15% bf year round as I feel mentally and physically most comfy at this place.
>>
>>36814184
best thing ever OP

unless you are a twink with abs.
>>
>>36814184
No, abs don't really matter. As you get older the more important thing is being a stable person both emotionally and financially. Abs are nice but any woman older than 21 that focuses on them has the mentality of a teenage girl.
>>
>>36814267
>I sit around 15% bf year round as I feel mentally and physically most comfy at this place
and you look bigger in clothes you will actually be seen in by other people. unless you have a chubby face there is no reason to cut.
>>
>>36814267
Then there is no reason for you to have super defined abs. Ideally, defined abs are a consequence of a very active lifestyle which means training often and mixing different kinds of training i.e. strength training, endurance work, plyometrics and a sport) and more or less good diet. Sacrificing overall well-being just for the sake of having a 6 pack and look aesthetic does not worth it, IMHO.
>>
I'm 35 and in the 15-18% range. I found that getting abs sets my strength back so many months that it's just not worth it for me. Roughly 15% seems to be a good balance between looking big, being strong and having at least some definition when you take off your shirt.
>>
>>36814209
>TFW 25
I've never had abs, so I'd like to have them at some point.
>>
>having abs
Kek, Ive had abs all my life and I havnt even worked for them
>>
>>36814415
Lifts and stats? My cousin has had abs all his life, but he can't even OHP or Bench or Squat the bar.
>>
>>36814415
and on top of it you are probably skinny as fuck.

abs on skinny guys are about the same as big tits on a fat girl.
>>
>>36814302
Yes we all know that older women notice how absolutely worthless they are and just want a rich idiot to pay for her everythings.

If you're fit you have no reason to bother with old hags, though.
>>
>>36814441
Or big arms and shoulders on fat guys.
>>
>>36814452
>If you're fit you have no reason to bother with old hags, though.
Is this really true?
I mean i got a friend who has a little sister who is around 18 now (im 28) and she is cute as hell and ive only met her a few times but i definetly get a vibe from her

Im dont know if im imagining things or if i should make a move
>>
>>36814415

Fuck off Chad
>>
Well it depends on your level of narcissism.
I'm 27 and i'm at 8-9% during the topless time of the year, and at around 11-13% during winter.

It always feels good to be the best looking guy around, especially if you're a narcissistic asshole like me.
>>
>>36814441
>>36814432
70 kg at 170 cm.

Sure I went from skinny to fit
>>
>>36814499
Just do it. This is one of the biggest reasons we're fit and wealthy in the first place even if we don't often admit it.
>>
>>36814598

>170cm
>70kg
>abs

Mind posting a pic for scientific purposes?
>>
>>36814582
Where do people see your abs though? Just at the beach?
>>
>>36814184
tfw 26 and got kind of visible flabs for the first time in my life, trying to cut more and we'll see it it was worth it
>>
>>36814452
Your post makes no sense.

People grow up, change and their priorities in life change.
In your teens and early twenties both girls and boys are carefree, impulsive, don't think long-term because no life experience yet, and career, marriage and kids are not something they think about.
As people (both men and women) reach 30, they are usually past the youthful but superficial stage, so they care more about creating a family in a loving, safe, secure environment.

t. femanon who makes twice her husbands' income but still wouldn't mind if he made more money.

P.S. Income is a very good indicator of vetting out losers once you are 30+. Even if I was 10x richer I wouldn't get with someone who has no plans, ambition and decent income.
>>
>>36814621

At the beach, in the pool (cardio lel amirite?), in spas, neighbours in summerhouse (i work topless during the summer, lots of people pass by going to a nearby lake).
>>
>>36814598
sure thing, i'm 71kg for 182 cm and abs just start to show a little

>>36814619
this
>>
>>36814613
Oh no i admit it
I want the mires, i want chicks dragging their hands across my abs and being wealthy enough to blow her mind
Next time i see her ill make a move then, thanks anon
>>
>>36814630
>P.S. Income is a very good indicator of vetting out losers once you are 30+
So...what you would date a girl who doesnt have an income? what are you saying bro?
>>
>>36814630
What would you do if you fell in love with a guy you found out had a low paying job. If you no longer like the guy you were never in love. So you pick your potential partner based on income, what happens if something happens to that guy and he is no longer able to get that high income? You just monkey branch over to another guy? How can you live a life this way, basing all your decisions on who can provide for you, instead of being with someone you genuinely love and care for...

You have no heart. I feel sorry for your future kids.
>>
>>36814656
Godspeed.
>>
>>36814660
When I met my husband years ago he was a jobless bum straight out of high school. We've helped each other a lot to get where we are atm.
I am extremely ambitious so I went into IT, he is laid back, unambitious and went into accounting.
I want a good life and I work hard for it, and I don't mind being the bread winner.

If by some horrible chain of events I found myself single now (early 30s), even though I am not a gold-digger (I make enough on my own) I will not even look at guys my age who work in McDonalds for example, because I know that is not a guy I can love and admire.
>>
>>36814630
You are the female version of the guys who complain when their gfs get a bit chubby or start gaining weight and beauty as they age. I see that you comprehend those feelings pretty well and do not judge against them, right?
>>
>>36814660
That's how women are. Don't give a fuck about anything except money and what other women say about them.
>>
>>36814687
>I will not even look at guys my age who work in McDonalds for example, because I know that is not a guy I can love and admire.

What does him working at McDonald's have to do with you having feelings for him?
>>
>>36814693
Not sure if I understood correctly, but yeah, I think women should maintain their appearance. From observation, to keep a marriage together women should only do the following: stay slim, cook, be affectionate often and laugh at their men's jokes (even if not funny).
>>
>>36814731
>to keep a marriage together women should only do the following: stay slim, cook, be affectionate often and laugh at their men's jokes (even if not funny).

You forgot one important thing.
>>
>>36814726
A grownass man in his 30s working a customer service job tells me that his life was an endless string of bad decisions and poor life choices.
I just can't admire and fall for someone like that.
Why is this so hard for you to accept?
>>
>>36814630
Way to miss the point.

A guy who's financially stable and good looking has no reason to bother with old hags. That is what I said.

You know why? Older women are worthless. Their looks are gone and there wasn't much else there to begin with.

So the best you can do is find a 20 something who's sane and stick to her.
>>
>>36814742
Speak up man, I am finishing my shake and have to head to the gym
>>
>>36814687
>I will not even look at guys my age who work in McDonalds for example, because I know that is not a guy I can love and admire.
Im loving this actually
I know this one guy who works at a mcdonalds on some occations and im betting you wouldnt look at him but fun part is he is the son of the guy who owns several resturants
This is why guys have troubled feelings towards women
>>
>>36814757
Good sex.
>>
>>36814726
Those feelings have a lot to do with the woman's urge to reproduce and a guy who works at McDonalds clearly isn't going to be a capable provider for her children.
>>
OP, why not try gettin' abs and see if its worth it?
>>
>>36814745
So then you would be fully understanding of a guy you fell in love with, leaving you for a younger, more vibrant, and more attractive female than you right?
>>
>>36814760
Anecdotal evidence, means nothing.
>>
>>36814726
She's saying it's a symptom of potential problems. Someone working at McD's at 30 is someone who never tried to improve himself, or get out of his comfort zone. Even if you want to argue that college is expensive, there's better jobs that shitty food service at thtat age with a high school diploma just gotta get skills and knowledge
>>
>>36814318
>defined abs are a consequence of a very active lifestyle which means training often and mixing different kinds of training i.e. strength training, endurance work, plyometrics and a sport) and more or less good diet.

No, abs are a result of low body fat and at least moderately developed abs + the "6pack" insertions, that not everyone has due to genetics. To achieve that you just need to train abs every once in a while and be very careful about your diet. You dont _need_ any of the shit you listet. You dont _need_ to mix stuff up.
>>
>>36814779
lol

American Beauty must be a very enlightening movie for you.
>>
>>36814778
Thank you. Nobody ever points out that point enough when it comes to arguments like this. It's like 'Yeah no shit there are some random cases that don't fit the pattern but they're an anomaly of the pattern, not proof that it's wrong'
>>
>>36814778
Not really trying to "prove" anything except that i find it funny how sticking to your rules means youd forgo a guy who prolly earns more than 10x your own income
I dont really care what you do or find attractive because it doesnt affect me in any way.
shine on you crazy diamond
>>
>>36814794
Yeah I guess nobody should ever judge anybody by any indicator ever then by your opinion.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit. As human's with finite time, we have to make calls about people before knowing much about them otherwise we'd be so mired in every interaction we have with someone.
>>
>>36814764
Oh right.

>>36814767
But you see, even women who have money don't want deadbeat men. Women want a "worthy" male and ability to provide is a good indicator of that (one of many ofc)

>>36814772
Sure, but men usually turn to cheating because the woman has failed in one or more of the above I highlighted earlier.
>>
>>36814772

She wont respond to this.
>>
>>36814803
Ah, he's 'won' the argument now. Hopefully he doesn't need to get the last word in as well
>>
>>36814687
>lazy
>accounting
He must be in govt or some SME
>>
>>36814822
>Sure, but men usually turn to cheating because the woman has failed in one or more of the above I highlighted earlier.

Are you really this naive? You go around thinking you have men figured out, but when your husband cheats on with an exuberant younger girl even though you did all that you listed above, you will be so confused.
>>
>>36814822
>Sure, but men usually turn to cheating because the woman has failed in one or more of the above I highlighted earlier.
I feel like you're a bad person. 1. You feel like it's okay to disregard someone based on their job. 2. You think it's okay that a guy replaces you for a better looking woman.

I bet you end up as a single mother.
>>
>>36814830
>Hopefully he doesn't need to get the last word in as well
Aha, nice bait in trying to get me to reply but it wont wo...oh no! :(
>>
>>36814760
Yeah his Dad owns the restaurants...not him. So if he's working at Mickey Ds and has money, he's just playing with daddy's money. And therefore an indicator of immaturity and inability to provide for himself.
>>
>>36814184
>thinks he's top 1% in the population
>over 15% BF
>>
>>36814897

What bodyfat percentage do you think most Ameriburgers have?
>>
>>36814857
>>36814862

I think you two are very young, so nothing I can say you'd understand.
I said women may be partially responsible when men turn to cheating. Is that not so?

Also
>an exuberant younger girl
in most threads guys actually complain how vapid, shallow and flaky young girls are.
If a grown man leaves me to chase 18 y/o girls that tells me he wasn't worth it in the first place.
>>
>>36814184

>better shape than 99% of the population
>under 15% BF?
>UNDER

Nigger you're like 25% bf stop lying to yourself
>>
>>36814900
>If a grown man leaves me to chase 18 y/o girls that tells me he wasn't worth it in the first place.
I think you think no man is worth you, thats ok but really really boring
>>
>>36814912
>>36814897

15% bodyfat on a lifter is not the same as 15% bodyfat on a normie non-lifter.
>>
>>36814900
In addition about cheating and divorces-
relationships will work better when women understand this - men put all the effort in the world during the "chasing" phase; once they have the woman (i.e marriage) they will stop. From that moment on, it's up to the woman to nurture and keep the love alive.
>>
>>36814184
Oh no! Over 25! If you think it's gotten hard wait until you hit 30. Lol
>>
>>36814900
You really are stuck in your own little fairy-tale aren't you.

You're so naive about how the world works, and the fact you act like you know it all shows how clueless you really are.

When reality hits hard, you're probably going to end up a crazy cat lady.
>>
>>36814922
>once they have the woman (i.e marriage) they will stop
Nothing takes the will to live out of a man more than marriage
>>
>>36814900
I'm 27, dont know if that's too young for you.

>in most threads guys actually complain how vapid, shallow and flaky young girls are.
If a grown man leaves me to chase 18 y/o girls that tells me he wasn't worth it in the first place.

I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is that I've seen various couples in which the guy cheats his wife with hot girls/women regularly but never actually leaves her. I mostly see this happen in couples that have children already, but this of course wrecks the marriage entirely, and cripples the woman self-esteem and mental health beyond repair eventhough they are still together.
>>
>>36814922
You're wrong. After the man gets the woman he can not get complacent and lazy. I know this from experience. My girlfriend of 7 years left me because I got comfortable in the relationship. Before this she was talking about how she sees us getting old together and having a family. Women will always have the upper hand because men will thirst after them no matter what.
>>
>>36814760
This

I'm working hard and studying so I can get a job that makes me lots of money. That being said, when I make enough money or get enough money to save with a passive income, if I ever strike it rich, etc. and feel like I need to quit my job, I'd probably still at least get a minimum wage McDonalds jobb or something on the side just to have something to do, then focus the rest of the time on hobbies, improving myself, and meeting people. If all the bitch hears is "McDonalds" and she doesn't give me the chance to explain that I have enough money and I'm just doing this to be occupied, then she's missing out.
>>
>>36814946
Can't imagine why a woman will stay in such a dysfunctional relationship. But I will say she played some part in the relationship failing. It always takes two.

>>36814934
I see nothing but insults and odd statements. Good luck with your career and love life, buddy.

>>36814941
That makes me sad, actually. Again, women just don't put enough into marriage these days to keep it together.

Anyway, gym time.
>>
>>36814957

lol? You think McDonalds isn't hard work just because it pays minimum wage? You'll be begging for your comfy white collar job after frying your 100th burger. The most grueling jobs always pay the least. Money paid =/= difficulty of job. A CEO being paid millions isn't breaking his back, he barely works at all and shows up to board meetings once in a blue moon while fucking bitches in his yacht 300 days a year
>>
>>36814957
Im loving the idea anon, i got an idea like this myself where i study and work part time now and will build up a dividend portfolio to have sort of a passive income
What are you studying?
>>
>>36814957
So you're saying that you would bust your ass to become independently wealthy only to end up working at McD?
I really can't process this
>>
>>36814922
You're an idiot. That's a quick route for your relationship to end.
>>
>>36814980
I know it's hard work, but it will keep me alert and fill up some of my time I would have probably spent fucking off and doing nothing. I'd apply for part time too so I still have free time to do fun shit. The point I was making was that if she thinks that McDonalds automatically disqualifies a guy, then she's missing out.
>>
>>36814184
there are grills who enjoy all kinds of body types. most will however towards the typical "athletic frame" (broad shoulders) and decent height. you dont have to be incredibly ripped or anything. charisma and intelligence will get you what you want as long as you're not extremely ugly / short w/e

on a related note, hooked with a grill last night who straight out told me she couldn't stand manlets
first time I've heard a grill confirm this out loud
>>
>>36815012
>So you're saying that you would bust your ass to become independently wealthy only to end up working at McD?

It's just a way of saying that he would enjoy to spend some of his free time doing some mindless activity for which he is still being paid and interacting with people. But I agree that you can achieve the same with any hobby that has some practical utility and in which you are good enough , such as carpentry or painting for example.
>>
>>36814998
Tbh I'm a senior in high school, but starting last year I really buckled down and studied like a motherfucker, so right now I'm applying for scholarships. I'm looking into majors right now to see which ones pay well.
>>36815012
Read
>>36815034
>>
>>36815012
>I really can't process this
Something to do, hot chicks all around and low demands
basically you can do whatever at mcd and still not get fired
Whats so hard to figure out about that?
>>
>>36815034
Let's be 100% real here. No fucking millionaire or "rich enough" guy is going to work McDonland for fun and to pass the time.

99% of the time working at McDonald IS a good indicator of the guy being worthless.
>>
>>36814184
Go bear mode, you're coming up to the age where bitches want a strong man, not some pretty boy
>>
>>36815034

That's fine as long as you don't think someone working on their feet all day dealing with the worst customers imaginable and cooking greasy shit in a hot kitchen all day is some cushy easy job for lazy people who want to have fun all the time. I have the utmost respect for fast food workers, janitors, maids, etc. those jobs aren't easy or fun by any means but they are absolutely vital, someone has to do it and they don't deserve to be seen as lazy or having it easy for doing legitimate work to provide for their family or whatever, most people who have to do jobs like that have unfortunate circumstances and they are not drug addicted bums who chose not to work or whatever. It's still hard and respectable work, more than some office peon who sits on his ass on the computer and barely does anything all day and gets paid 10 times more
>>
>>36815063
>I'm looking into majors right now to see which ones pay well.
Pro tip, pick something you like doing first hand. Ofc dont be a retard and pick something with no future but if it stands between engineering or economics and you love engineering then pick that even if economics pays maginally better
If you find something you love and can start a company with it the money will flow better than grinding something you hate
>>
File: 1441828785056.jpg (44 KB, 523x359) Image search: [Google]
1441828785056.jpg
44 KB, 523x359
>>36814184
>Redpill me on having abs after age 25, is it really worth it?

Depends on you. I'm 38 and I love having them. Most people my age are either skinnyfat/dadbod so it feels nice to be a cut above and look good in certain clothes.

I could care less what gold-digging whores think, it's more for me than them.
>>
>>36815106
>more than some office peon who sits on his ass on the computer and barely does anything all day and gets paid 10 times more

Damn do I love my job
>>
>>36815106
Absolutely. People only get that impression because it's considered entry-level since you don't need a degree. It's challenging because of all the bullshit you have to put up with. If I get angry I can channel that into working harder in the gym or developing other talents, which is what I'd spend my other time doing. I'm also a generally positive person with some cocky thoughts, so if a customer acts like an asshole, I'm secretly smug inside my head because it makes me feel like I'm so much better than them. Not sure if that makes me a bad person but it can help me get through a tough day.
>>
I'm 30 and walk around with about 13-16% body fat, after about a decade of lifting on and off. I've lost significant weight at various points due to depression and the like, but even at auschwitz mode s few years ago I never had visible abs. I've never in my life done a traditional bodybuilding cut, either. I'm approaching a few significant milestones in other areas of my life and I figure now is the time. If I'd ever had abs when I was younger I couldn't imagine myself ever GAF. There's like fifteen minutes out of the year where anyone other than my gf and dudes in the locker room will see me without a shirt on. In terms of aggregate happiness carrying 15% bf and looking strong in a tshirt for the rest of my lifting career would be awesome.
>>
>>36815116
Thanks anon, I've been thinking about one day starting a company too, but I'm not gonna be retarded about it.
>>
>>36814651
looooooool I'm 178 cm and hoping for abs once I hit 71 KG (my exact goal actually) which should put me at slightly under 9%bf
>>
>>36814184
completely overrated
I'd rather be bearmode than ottermode desu
otters mostly have weak core no matter how hard they train it compared to bara-mode desu
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.