[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many pl8's does it take for the barbell to start bending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 1024x691
How many pl8's does it take for the barbell to start bending?
>>
>>36806467
3 on squat
>>
Daddy Klokov says bar starts to bend at 200kg.
>>
https://www.instagram.com/p/bnh_25puEk/

242lbs deadlift.
>>
Around 3 it starts to bend. With 200+ kg it gets pretty wobbly as you can see with oly lifters
>>
>>36806467
depends on the bar
>>
>>36806808
Yeah ive seen people squat 2.5pl8 and it bends a little
>>
>>36806834
There is one light bar at my gym, I use it for OHP and anything more than one plate it gets a serious curve and looks like it will snap any second.
>>
>>36806467
I don't know. I have the bar stacked 8pl8 for bench and it doesn't bend.
>>
File: Fatality.png (34 KB, 809x2182) Image search: [Google]
Fatality.png
34 KB, 809x2182
Possible?
>>
>>36807490
If you're squatting lowbar I can't see it hitting your head. May mess up your arms a bit. Just another reason to squat lowbar.
>>
>>36807514
it's the start of ohp.
>>
There was a bar at my old gym that would bend when squatting anything higher than 2 plates. I really got used to it because I built my own home gym with a nice Ohio bar and it doesn't really bend with almost 4 plates when squatting.
>>
>>36807533
You can't The Press enough to snap the bar.
>>
>>36807552
dyel detected
>>
>>36807552
it's not to be taken seriously, it's something someone made in a thread about a video of the bar breaking during a squat - and someone made that illustration when someone was talking about how much it would hurt you if it snapped while you were deadlifting, and then ohping etc.

I pointed out that the weights would fall away from you so it wouldn't hurt you, someone else was arguing it would hurt you and tried to illustrate it with that illustration among others.
>>
>>36807621
what if you held on to the parts of the snapped bar for a second
>>
File: powerlifting-barbell-featured.jpg (58 KB, 600x224) Image search: [Google]
powerlifting-barbell-featured.jpg
58 KB, 600x224
I find barbells with a large amount of whip are aesthetic as fuck

Makes me feel like I'm not a dyel
>>
>>36807656
Intuitively it seems like it wouldn't to me - maybe it's that your hands would need to be a strong fulcrum for that to work and they wouldn't if the weight was high..
>>
File: front squat.png (60 KB, 809x2182) Image search: [Google]
front squat.png
60 KB, 809x2182
>>36807490
Possible???
>>
>>36806467
Around 180kg for stable lifts like squat or deadlift. In a clean it get's wobbly as low as 150kg since there is more impact when it lands on your shoulders.
>>
>>36807762
maybe if we had a really heavy weight.
>>
There isn't really one answer, technically any amount of weight will make it bend.

How much it bends depends on the bar, the weight, your grip and the movement.
>>
>>36806467

4pl8

don't listen to these 3pl8 wannabes
>>
>>36808581
This is the only right answer in the thread. Everybody giving a random value is fucking stupid.
>>
>>36809045
lol you're a fucking dumbass dude. kys srs
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.