[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that depression and social anxiety are meme diseases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (110 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
110 KB, 800x800
Daily reminder that depression and social anxiety are meme diseases and should be "cured" by lifting and getting a proper diet.
>>
I'm suicidal on days I don't lift.
>>
>>36804308
Having a shit life isn't a meme bro.
>>
>>36804331
Having a shit life is not depression, it's having a shit life.
>>
1/10
>>
>>36804308
>depression and social anxiety are meme diseases
Actually they're not, but I'm beginning to think that the 'cause' of them is more societal (but not in the way you might think). Pharmaceutical companies and the mental health industry have been pushing serotonin-increasing antidepressants for decades now. Serotonin is antagonistic towards dopamine. Low dopamine can cause things like depression and anxiety, as well as decreased overall drive and ambition to do much of anything. Anyone on /fit/ who suffers from chronic depression and social anxiety should try taking N-Acetyl-Tyrosine daily for a while and see if they handle life differently.
>>
This is actually true
I was depressed as fuck and wanted to kill myself, then I started lifting and found that I can actually accomplish something if I wanted to
the highs from cardio and lifting make mundane events in my life entertaining, and I don't feel self-conscious about my autistic hobbies since I'm going to look like the top 5% of people in the hobbies anyway, once I make it [spoiler]Especially if my hobbies are full of autists[/spoiler]
>>
>>36804308
>social anxiety
lifting cured me from this

th-thanks barbella
>>
File: 1459700867142.jpg (59 KB, 655x527) Image search: [Google]
1459700867142.jpg
59 KB, 655x527
>being anxious or depressed about lacking:
>valuable skills, enjoyable hobbies, value to society, and the ability to articulate your thoughts
>is justified anxiety and depression

People that feel depressed are often justified.
>>
>>36806705
Feeling shitty about failing life is natural and healthy
>>
>>36804308
>depressed
>low self esteem
>start lifting
>start enjoying it
>self esteem boost
>get gf

lifting cured me
OP will never make it
>>
>>36804308
Docs told me I will go blind, process goes over some years.
Could have become someone really good,have had many chances.
Cant think clear anymore,cant get one up(ED).
Dropped out from my degree.I am only 18.
I am sorry grandpa,you got me out of the loneliness,that my teenage years were.
I didnt want to fail you.
Will see him tomorow, he and grandma will be the only ones coming for my birthday.
Life could have been good.
Hope I have better luck next time.
>>
>>36804321
Why?
Do you have nothing else,that keeps your mind away from the evil thoughts?
>>
>>36806705
>>36806724
Dat b true, 90% of the time depression is your body trying to tell your concious mind that you need to change your life in some way
>>
It's worse than that, they aren't even "diseases" in the first place.

"Depression" is just being aware of having horrible genetics. That's literally it. You simply have bad BRAIN CHEMISTRY. I'm sure it really fucking sucks, but there's nothing you can do. Lifting may cure it temporarily, but believe me, it doesn't last. No depressed people ever really escape it.
>>
>>36807119
nah m8. you're just a weak minded cunt
>>
File: M42 Orionnebel.jpg (44 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
M42 Orionnebel.jpg
44 KB, 800x533
>>36807119
I`ve got to know 2 people,which donĀ“t really have
bad genetics.
One studies physics and is not wide away from his bachelor,has many friends and hobbies and the other one is nearly done with his Diplom here in Germany,has also many friends,women and hobbies and both of them are fucked up and had suicide attempts.
We regularly talk about how shit is shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.