[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal gym accidents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: weightliftingaccident.jpg (45 KB, 560x440) Image search: [Google]
weightliftingaccident.jpg
45 KB, 560x440
Had my first accident in the gym yesterday. Was doing bench press, 95kg, when my previous best was 90. I had been working hard on incline bench and chest flies so thought it would be OK.

3rd set 5th rep I ran out of strength and had to lower the barbell to chest and roll it to stomach. Could have been much worse with no spotter. Slight embarrassment but nothing more.

How have you had accidents in the gym? How? Results? How have you changed your routine after the injury/embarrassment?
>>
>>36801792

>chest flies
>strenght gains

ahahahahahahahahahaha
no, you are serious? lemme laugh even harder

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
>>
>>36801792
so you failed a rep? and then it hurt a little on your body?
wew dude, better take a few weeks off to recover from this.
>>
>>36801792
Dude seriously, what were you thinking? If you want to get better at running, you run. If you want to get your bench up, you bench. Not incline bench, not chest flies.

Also, you got greedy. You already broke your PR, benching 95 for the first time. Why the fuck did you want to do a normal set of 5 with it too?
>>
>>36801792

fucked up racking the bar on ohp yesterday, got it one side other side fell and hit the safety
>>
>>36801822
Body wasn't all that sore. Just lacked the strength.

>>36801803
I have increased weight doing chest flies, yes. I thought they would help, but not replace bench, yes.

>>36801841
Did 2x5 easy, did the first 4 reps of the 3rd easy enough. I don't think I was concentrating either. I remember being very surprised when I couldn't push any higher.
>>
>>36801863
Progress as normal next time then

You better not be a princess and deload
>>
I shit in the squat rack.
>>
File: You_re-Doing-It.jpg (36 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
You_re-Doing-It.jpg
36 KB, 512x384
>>36801792
>>had to lower the barbell to chest and roll it to stomach. Could have been much worse with no spotter.

If you had a spotter why did you need to do this? What were they doing? Scratching their arse with both hands?
>>
>>36801971
Guess he means it could have been worse becuase he had no spotter
>>
>>36801792
don't use clips then you can tip the plates off without having to do the roll of shame
>>
I dropped a plate on my toe and let out the loudest and most angry bitchfest for about 30 seconds before I realized I wasn't being quiet at all. A PT came up and asked me if I was alright and I nearly died from embarrassment
>>
>>36801992
Well then he needs to talk more betterer. The kid makes as much sense as a wookie on Endor.

And to answer the OP the only accident I ever had at the gym, was puking after a set of heavy squats. There was no embarrassment, just lot's of pats on the back and "GO HARDS" from the gym regulars.
>>
>>36801999
No clips. Rolled to stomach and leaned it side to side. Didn't want to do it in the air above my head.

>>36801992
This.
>>
File: 1422065376600.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1422065376600.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>36801792
I could collate a whole gym fail video. Countless times getting trapped under the bar benching including two guillotines the last of which I have no idea how I escaped. Guillotine squats aplenty and new this week falling over backwards after suplexing a front squat.

Best overall was when I got trapped in the whole after a high bar back squat. Dropped the bar ad somehow it caught my belt since my form was so tight and my feet were in the air from jumping forward I spinned into a curled up backflip like a videogame glitch. Landed hard on the bar but it was too funny to feel pain.

Last night my dad said he met a school gym teacher who said it was dangerous to use free weights alone in a home gym. I just just laughed.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.