[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought one of these a few days ago , did I fuck up /fit/ ? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x100) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x100
Bought one of these a few days ago , did I fuck up /fit/ ?
What are the benefits of them
>>
File: image.png (413 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
413 KB, 750x1334
>>36798902
>Buys something
>Posts on the Internet to find out what it's does afterwards
>>
>you get to bench more weight
>you look dumb
>>
>>36798932
Wanted everyone else's opinion bruz
>>
>>36798957
Why do you want opinions if you already know the facts brah?
>>
They're good for overloading or working around an injury.
>>
it was invented by a guy who is proud of constantly pooping his pants
>>
I use it to add some extra volume that's less stressful on the shoulders while also getting used to handling heavier weights, even if it's mostly psychological.

You could argue it's also good for overloading the triceps, but I prefer chains for this.
>>
>>36799319
Does the chest get worked less with the slingshot taking a lot of the weight off the chests job?
>>
>>36799330

Not really.

The slingshot, unless you get one of the crazy mad dog ones, doesn't take that much off at the bottom. And you still tend to get a fair bit of chest usage because it teaches you to drive hard out of the bottom so you don't get stranded part way up when the assistance drops away.
>>
>>36799343
Got the reactive haha , thanks for the input bro . How much more do u bench with the slingshot on?
>>
>>36799357
Not him, but I normally just use an additional 10 kgs to what I'd normally do. I never take my slingshot sets to the limit - I don't think there's much benefit from that.
>>
>>36799357

I get maybe 10% out of the regular one. I've seen guys get more and less depending on which version they've got, how tight it is, where they're strong/weak and so on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.