[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on protein powders. Is it truly just a waste of money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: pGNC1-3145315dt[1].jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pGNC1-3145315dt[1].jpg
71 KB, 500x500
Redpill me on protein powders. Is it truly just a waste of money?
>>
yes animal protein is essentially empty calories, kind of like butter or meat
>>
>>36798500
>what is a lid
Do you just leave it open after you use it? Do you want to have a bunch of swole roaches trying to kick you out of your apt
>>
it's not needed with a proper diet and it's less expensive to buy real food.

useful if you're having a hard time eating that much/hate high protein food/prefer drinking your calories
>>
I am curious too. Today I ate about 150mg of protein and i want to get that last 50 mg in as calorie effiency way as possible
>>
Protein needs are vastly over exaggerated.

150 grams of protein a day is more than enough for 99% of people.

The supplement industry has done an amazing job marketing protein powders to people.

Most of these powders are cheaply made, even the expensive name brand ones, and don't even meet their label claims.

No one would ever notice this either because their actual protein needs are not that high anyway, so they're usually getting enough protein in their food before they even add the powder in.
>>
>>36798596
>150 grams of protein a day is more than enough for 99% of people.

99% of people are fat slovenly

what if i want to build musel
>>
File: protein.jpg (714 KB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
protein.jpg
714 KB, 3104x1746
>>
>>36798722
>read "Spike is a pretty big guy"
>instantly think "for you"
T-thanks fit
>>
Overall powder protein is less available to your body for absorption than protein from real food. So is every nutrient for that matter. Food is always more bioavailable than supplements. That being said, powder is great if you just can't get enough macros in a day. Liquid calories are a lot easier to stomach than eating solid food. It also saves time.
>>
>>36798738
Welcome brother.
>>
>its cheaper to buy real food

fuck off with this meme you shitcunts

its about 15p per serving and with milk which is £1 for 2 litres thats like 45p a shake

whereas 1 chicken breast is roughly £1 with less protein and calories

can someone please tell me how i am getting shilled here????
>>
>>36798546
>it's less expensive to buy real food.
As far as a quick and convenient snack is concerned I don't think you could do much better than a scoop of whey.
>>
>tfw just found a small piece of wood in my protein shake about 2cm long like a splinter.
It stabbed my mouth, I don't know whether it was in with the milk or the powder.....
>>
>>36798780
If you are on a budget theres plenty of other foods full of protein available that are sold dirt cheap. Peanut Butter, Sardines, and eggs to name a few
>>
>>36799405
Peanut butter has next to no protein in it though. It's good if you're struggling to get enough calories/fats in your diet though.
>>
>>36798474
protein powder is convenient
really, that's all there is to it.
>>
>>36798722
is that really "how to get fit for dummies" or something?
>>
As a lmaovegan, protein powder is a lot cheaper than buying a bunch of different products just to hit my protein needs for the day
(Which is about .75 per lb, currently at 180, so 135gs of protein.)
Sometimes this isn't the case, as I'm in the US, other states have cheaper priced food.
Most vegan food is packed with carbs though so it's always risky.
It's easier just to drink my macros while on a cut, desu.

Pls no bully
>>
Today I drank two scoops, two bananas, and four spoons of peanut butter with two cups water and blended that bitch up
930 calories for breakfast
Gotta eat big to get big
Gotta lift heavy to get heavy
jah feel?
>>
>>36799565
>trying to eat big to get big
>only two scoops
you some kind of lightweight?
cmon
>>
>>36798759
[Citation needed]
Whey is a superior protein to meat, its just quicker digesting so you need to consume it more frequently
>>
>>36799417
Are you on drugs

Pb has 25g/100g
>>
>>36799575
:D ya caught me slackin'
Tomorrow is rest day, but on Sunday we train LEGS with 4 scoops and a dozen eggs
>>
>>36798474
Just do basic math and figure out if it's cheaper than your regular source of protein (chicken breast or whatever)
I get it because it's cheaper than chicken
>>
File: strongcockroach.jpg (223 KB, 640x587) Image search: [Google]
strongcockroach.jpg
223 KB, 640x587
>>36798474
I like protein shakes, I usually just have my roommates though since he orders a lot at a time
>>
>>36799417
Still have Sardines and eggs still have enough and you buy plenty of those to meet your protein requirements, if they taste too icky for you, then youre probably not gonna make it
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.